Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

UKIP's New Advert

A 3000 majority for a sitting MP is hardly earth shattering. 

I have to agree. However. the point really is that the 50 per-cent of voters that actually bothered to turn out sent a very clear message to the two, (three ?) main parties.

I have to agree. However. the point really is that the 50 per-cent of voters that actually bothered to turn out sent a very clear message to the two, (three ?) main parties.

It was ever only going to be a two horse race, so I would imagine quite a few traditional labour voters voted tactically to embarrass the Tories. As non of the gutter press will be backing UKIP its highly unlikely they will be able to keep their momentum going, and hopefully they will be exposed as the nasty party they really are.  

Can't see them (UKIP) doing well at the General Election precisely for the point you made Alan - the voting patterns will be different.

Puts Cameron in a difficult position however - How does he win over the UKIP voters without losing the right of centre voters that reside in the key marginals that will win or lose the next election?

Well, we've only a few months to wait to see what happens.

One thing I can almost certainly guarantee  -  No party will get an overall majority.