Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Games - Tuesday/Wednesday 15/16 October

I was at the game and standing near to the dugouts as 1 of my mates were on the bench and not being funny the geezers from baldock are no angels themselves and from kems celebrations I think a lot of people would of gone just as nuts if there team had scored, yea there was banter between the benches thru out the game but when your opposing manager is shouting smash him, wack him, and what else was coming out his mouth all game that ain't football, people have got to get up for work the next day so can understand the celebrations even if its not the professional way to go about it but when uv heard the person in the opposite dugout say to do things like that to your players u can't keep a lid on what's going to happen, I see Winslow boy had a nice visit from baldock the previous game (in a different post) what were they like at your place? Happy weekends people

I was at the game and standing near to the dugouts as 1 of my mates were on the bench and not being funny the geezers from baldock are no angels themselves and from kems celebrations I think a lot of people would of gone just as nuts if there team had scored, yea there was banter between the benches thru out the game but when your opposing manager is shouting smash him, wack him, and what else was coming out his mouth all game that ain't football, people have got to get up for work the next day so can understand the celebrations even if its not the professional way to go about it but when uv heard the person in the opposite dugout say to do things like that to your players u can't keep a lid on what's going to happen, I see Winslow boy had a nice visit from baldock the previous game (in a different post) what were they like at your place? Happy weekends people

I was standing right by our dugout and I can only recall hearing the word "smash him" or anything to that effect once from our manager throughout the whole 90, so I think you are exaggerating slightly.  Whilst using a phrase such as that is not exactly in the spirit of the game, if we feel people over step the mark then we generally let them know about it.  In my view if you've got anything about you, you would just rise above it and let the football do the talking and in the end FCBB took their chances when they came so fair play to them.  As for the earlier comment re the centre halves, we have injuries galore in the defensive department.  The lad who played no 4 is in his first season of senior football and the 5 and 14 who replaced him are both centre midfielders.  Our top scorer played centre half at Winslow, which sort of sums up how short we are there at the moment.  We are not maxing excuses and blaming the referee though, we just get on with it - it happens.

We had a reserve midfielder at centre half. Our first choice centre half and centre mid missing as well as Vinny Shrieves, so we were also short. Defensively we were poor, ref gave a ridiculous penalty (ignored one exactly the same at the other end) and sent a player off for two yellows having issued only one, so we played last ten mins with ten men (Baldocks 5th was last kick so we were still in it). He later apologised but that doesn't help, so yes we are going to moan about the ref. Baldock were mouthy yes absolutely, but didn't see any behaviour close to that of Brox on cold ends video, fair play to the guy or anything that could have caused an incident just mouthy and arrogant, but the bigger sides sometimes have that and Baldock always did when they dominated the Prem years ago. We look forward to return game against Baldock as we do against Brox, two games we felt we could have got something from.

Winslow Boy - I wasn't at the Winslow game, but our manager said that the ref told him he was going to report himself for his error that led to your sending off - as you rightfully, doesn't help after the event.  I don't know if you were close to our sending off, but our player claimed not to have said anything of a foul nature to warrant a straight red and when quizzed about it by our manager after, the referee couldn't actually tell him what he had said.  It will be interesting to see what his report says.

Winslow Boy - I wasn't at the Winslow game, but our manager said that the ref told him he was going to report himself for his error that led to your sending off - as you rightfully, doesn't help after the event. I don't know if you were close to our sending off, but our player claimed not to have said anything of a foul nature to warrant a straight red and when quizzed about it by our manager after, the referee couldn't actually tell him what he had said. It will be interesting to see what his report says.

Nobody our side could understand why your guy was sent off either! Did anyone your end say anything about the penalty award? They must have felt it was very soft at best. We killed ourselves a bit early second half should have equalised from kick off but a poor miss you went up the other end and scored to make it 4-2.

SSML pundit the only other time I recall a ref being bemoaned was when we beat beat Wodson 6-1 so not sure that really backs up what you are saying.

Edited by Winslow Boy

No one mentioned whether the penalty was or wasn't, the talk was mainly about the referee's cock-up (your red card).  By all accounts the game could have gone either way though.  For the record, our player was sent off for saying "you're having a f***in' laugh referee; you're a f***in' joke!".  The level of swearing in football does need to be addressed in my view, particular when there are young children at the game, but nine times out of ten players will say worse than that and not even get booked (rightly or wrongly).

Fair enough then I didn't hear that, it does need to be addressed but punishment needs to be consistent some players get let off others even in the same game don't. Look forward to chatting at return game.

Tuesday 15th October

PREMIER DIVISION

5-1 Ampthill Town v Biggleswade United

A report from another Forum:

South Midlands League Premier

AMPTHILL TOWN 5-1 BIGGLESWADE UNITED

Admission & Programme £5.00 CBC & C £3.90

Attendance 29 (h/c)

With our pointless egg-cup exit being deferred for 24 hours due to some insignificant kickabout in North London, a return visit to Ampthill was the only viable option. Fortunately, I was able to grab the last space in the car park (although there's plenty of space in the lay-bys outside) and they seem to have sorted their Achilles heel programme-wise; first visit had no content and second had no programme. I was relieved to find the thumping music came from a circus tent in the field opposite the cricket pitch.

Pies, pasties and burgers are also available - the cheeseburger and chips were excellent although the salt did flow a bit too freely for my liking. The club may be a bit disappointed with the attendance given they were top of the table but this might have been due to that other game that was being shown in the clubhouse which was only really watched during half time.

As for the more important business - Ampthill took the lead after only seven minutes and Biggleswade's valiant equaliser only served to galvanise the hosts into a second-half rout which cemented their top of the table position and increased the possibility of us and them swapping places come the end of the season.