Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BLUES V Met Police

The Blues are: Lumley, Imudia, Beavan, Dunne, Halle, Rodgers, Luke, Poole, Sappleton, Kouassi, Bonnett-Johnson

Subs: Scott, Robinson, Layne, Benjamin, Webber

GOAL: BLUES 1-0 Met Police SAPPLETON

GOAL: Blues 1-1 MET POLICE

GOAL: Blues 1-2 MET POLICE

HT: Blues 1-2 Met Police

OFF: JUNIOR LUKE

FT: Blues 1-2 Met Police

Billericay Town (1) 1-2 (2) Metropolitan Police [248]

Not sure how their number 2 stayed on the pitch having dived then got up and then re dived to get our player sent off.

As a player it was downright cheating and as Ref it was disgraceful to allow it to happen.

Once our player got sent off the number 2 again got up and high fived his team mates on his achievement.

To make matters worse the ref was seen to pat the number 2 on the back. I'm saying what i saw and it's my own personal opinion. If this is officials and the FA acting out "Fair Play" then football at this level at least is doomed.

Not a pretty sight

Never have i witnessed such a shocking dive with my own eyes in my life. It's the sort of thing that goes viral on the internet because everyone finds it hilarious how pathetic it was! however this is the Ryman League and therefore Junior had to walk. Joke. 

In terms of the performance, i felt it was pretty poor, having scored pretty early through Ricky Sappleton i can't say we really created much, then again neither did they. I can't really say either team deserved to win, and we have played much better than that this season. Maybe having Ricky on his own upfront leads to a lack of creation, when he's there Junior and Evans seem to not come as forward as much than they normally would. It's clear what Ricky can offer to us. And i believe it does work if there's more of a will to come and score from the midfield too. I didn't see it today.

We did miss Benjamin's flair but he'll hopefully be firing again Saturday

Hopefully just a bad day at the office today

An absolutely ludicrous dive, it would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating.

Having said that, the performance was very poor and we didn't deserve anything from the game. Such a shame as we looked like we would boss it after 15 or 20 minutes. After that we were wide open for large periods and we could have conceded a hat full against a more proficient team.

Heard Craig giving them a rocket at half time, shame it didn't pay off. Looks like we could be heading for the old win streak followed by loss streak scenario of a few years back

Yes, a bad day at the office - after we got the opener, their keeper could have got out his deckchair. We made a very average team look quite good all evening.

I agree about the cheating diver but Junior gave him the opportunity to do that remember. I expected no more from the Ref because that is the standard you get at this level. Players need to learn how to deal with them - their No 2 did and sadly Junior didn't.

Ricky is a lethal finisher in and around the box and that's where he needs to be -  once Junior had gone it was game over for him. 

Well 2 more different 2-1 defeats you will not see.  Saturday we played football to the end and really looked like we might get something.  Last night I don't think we stood a chance.  Saturday we were beaten.  Last night we lost.

Can't comment on the sending off as I was too far away, but the game was lost well before this incident.

We just don't have the same attacking options when Sappleton starts.  I'm not denying his obvious abilities, but I suspect Joe would have given a great number of additional options up front on a night when it just wasn't happening for us.

Some of it was the service.  After a run of games where we've always tried to play football from beginning to end, it was sorely lacking last night - resorting to good old fashioned lumping it!!  Sappleton wasn't ever going to do much with that sort of service.  However, on the few occasions that something may have come from it - we were offside (haven't seen so many offsides from one player since Chris Stowe!!).

Would be good to know (as no-one has advised) what the situation was with Joe last night.  I for one, don't understand why he didn't start, but even more perplexed as to why he didn't come on when we were chasing the game.

I'd like to think this was a "bad day at the office", but we do have it in our locker (Carshalton, St Albans), and as the pitches degrade over the winter I do hope we can try and keep playing football.

Onwards to St Albans (again!).

Archived