Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures Saturday 22nd February

To be honest Camberley were not very good but i still had that feeling they would get something from the game and even told Kroons I thought they would knick it,still got neck ache from watching the ball being booted in the air,Westfield however must be sick that they didn't take 3 points as they looked more like the team in 2nd place,they played like a team and all knew what role they had to play,still trying to work out exactly what cams game plan was cos I didn't see much structure to this performance, I may have caught them on a bad day but on this display have to say I was dissapointed.    

From a personal point of view I was gutted we didn't take all 3 having been the better side for the majority of the game. That being said once Camberley scored they were on top so I was glad to get away with a point. We should have made our pressure tell more but these things happen. I thought the boys played superbly

12 with those 2 games in hand.

If we were to win our remaining games then you will still have to lose 3 and draw 1 for us to beat you. Not happening and you boys know it ;)

Anything can happen when you've got me at the back, Kroons!

Not seen South Park this season but by all accounts they are the best team in this league,going to watch Frimley Green v Merstham on tuesday night in the Surrey Senior cup hopefully the Green can bounce back from their dissapointing result from yesterday,good crack at the rec with lots of ex players and well worth the money whatever the result  

From a personal point of view I was gutted we didn't take all 3 having been the better side for the majority of the game. That being said once Camberley scored they were on top so I was glad to get away with a point. We should have made our pressure tell more but these things happen. I thought the boys played superbly

You should of been out of sight long before they came into it H,your keeper is superb even from corners your defenders know who is the boss and it gives them a major lift,just one little criticism I thought somebody should of got a bit closer to Meps as he won nearly every ball that was delivered to him and his dangerous touches went  greatfully to the Camberley defence somebody running in behind could of had a field day 

Wood 0-1 Farnham Town Report here - http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/id18.html

12 games to go, 9 away including the next four starting at South Park on Tuesday!

Loving it! :D

South Park are one of the best organised clubs in the League, of course they will have the grading done in time.

I agree with Krooner though. Whilst mathematically there is lots to play for, the League title took a very decisive turn in South Park's favour this weekend.

Why is that? People occasionally criticise their defence, don't really know why, but it doesn't matter if they concede a late one as they already have loads by then. Epsom concede a late one and it costs us because we have great strikers but very very limited service. We couldn't break through against a team of committed youngsters who caught us with a long range strike. We couldn't close it down because we were caught on the break after giving away possession again. We tried at least three different formations that I could see yet all it really meant was that no one in our own side seemed to know where each other was meant to be and their defensive line and young keeper played extremely well.

Did they deserve it on the balance of possession? No. Did they deserve it for their defensive discipline and work rate? Yes. Badshot Lea have had some poor results recently, but new manager syndrome kills us at least twice a season, every season.

Who do we have next? Raynes Park away. Oh good, another hard working highly committed side that title winners will beat. South Park's next few games Chessington, Ash and Colliers Wood. I'm not writing off Camberley yet as they are still on a great run, but for us this weekend to quote Bradley Walsh, the chase is over!

Match Report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN40.html

Edited by E&E Rich

South Park are one of the best organised clubs in the League, of course they will have the grading done in time.

I agree with Krooner though. Whilst mathematically there is lots to play for, the League title took a very decisive turn in South Park's favour this weekend.

Why is that? People occasionally criticise their defence, don't really know why, but it doesn't matter if they concede a late one as they already have loads by then. Epsom concede a late one and it costs us because we have great strikers but very very limited service. We couldn't break through against a team of committed youngsters who caught us with a long range strike. We couldn't close it down because we were caught on the break after giving away possession again. We tried at least three different formations that I could see yet all it really meant was that no one in our own side seemed to know where each other was meant to be and their defensive line and young keeper played extremely well.

Did they deserve it on the balance of possession? No. Did they deserve it for their defensive discipline and work rate? Yes. Badshot Lea have had some poor results recently, but new manager syndrome kills us at least twice a season, every season.

Who do we have next? Raynes Park away. Oh good, another hard working highly committed side that title winners will beat. South Park's next few games Chessington, Ash and Colliers Wood. I'm not writing off Camberley yet as they are still on a great run, but for us this weekend to quote Bradley Walsh, the chase is over!

Match Report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN40.html

Interested in your view on the Badshot keeper who is actually on loan from us (Slough) and is a 16 year old lad still at school.

Has played twice for us this season already, and has been superb, but good to get a neutrals view on him and how he did, as have had the Badshot managers view.

Cheers

In fairness he was well protected by his back four and only had three or four saves to make, only two of which could be considered more than routine. However, he was tidy and competent and used his voice well to come out for a few through balls, not something you might usually attribute to a youngster. His back four trusted him and the only thing that counts against him would be his lack of size.

For a 16 year old he looked very promising. Another I have been impressed with this season is Richard Ossai at Farnham who played extremely well against us twice this season. He even saved  a Kyle Hough penalty in one of them, and not many do that!

In fairness he was well protected by his back four and only had three or four saves to make, only two of which could be considered more than routine. However, he was tidy and competent and used his voice well to come out for a few through balls, not something you might usually attribute to a youngster. His back four trusted him and the only thing that counts against him would be his lack of size.

For a 16 year old he looked very promising. Another I have been impressed with this season is Richard Ossai at Farnham who played extremely well against us twice this season. He even saved  a Kyle Hough penalty in one of them, and not many do that!

Very good at ours on Saturday.

south Kilburn 1-2 Epsom athletic

we finally arrived in north west London after an horrendous nearly 2 hour journey from sunny surrey , athletic had the better start plus good opportunities and could of quite easily been 3 goals ahead going into half time, we carried on the momentum into the second half and went 2 goals up and looked comfortable throughout the second half, unfortunately SK nicked a late consolation, I would of loved to of kept a much needed clean sheet

march is going to be a big month.

onwards and upwards!