Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

26 April 2014: Wingate & Finchley v Blues

You are right, one match doesn't make a season, and the bottom four in the league are relegated on merit. But, and it is a big but, Wingate needed to win by at least 5 to have a realistic chance of staying up. Billericay turn up with just one fit sub, and promptly lose by five. I assume if you would have had more than one injury during the match you would have played on with ten men? At best it's poor planning by your management and disrespectful to the other two teams fighting relegation on Saturday. I've seen your Under 18's this season and you have some promising players. With no reserve team in place though I assume they'll all be released as one only of them was deemed good enough to warrant a place on the bench for you. The majority of the postings here seem to be of the 'it's alright we'll be fine next season', but if I were a supporter I'd be asking serious questions as to why you lost 5 0 to a relegated team. If Billericay find themselves on relying on other teams for results next season, don't be surprised if that help isn't forthcoming after Saturday.

You would seek to blame our worst performance of the season on your relegation rather than the 46 league games you didn't perform in ?

How must your youngsters have felt being cold shouldered and overlooked in favour of your policy of signing under performing big name/money players in front of them ?

New Lodger. To name just six teenagers who have been involved in the Rocks first team to a greater or lesser extent this season, and will go on to become established senior players ....

David Hughes, Tom Anderson, Connor Witherspoon, Mitch Gilbey, Joe Paxman and Jason Ngando.

Cheers mate.

"You are right, one match doesn't make a season, and the bottom four in the league are relegated on merit."

So argument lost on just that opening line

"Wingate needed to win by at least 5 to have a realistic chance of staying up".

No they didn't....there were several permutations...based on the results of two or three other games... you are fool to leave fate in the hands of others... That they scored 5 proved that we were "pony" on the day.

"At best it's poor planning by your management and disrespectful to the other two teams fighting relegation on Saturday".

At worst?... I would never question Craig's integrity as regards winning and losing a game of football...especially after one outburst at the touchline... At best... I would put circumstances which the club considered over riding to having a full squad...considering injuries and suspensions... and other reasons as answered in the Chairman's post (allow me to guide you to that post). This has been done a death and from what I can see is based in ignorance of those circumstances... as well as to stir the pot of discontent... Nothing better to do PV?

"The majority of the postings here seem to be of the 'it's alright we'll be fine next season'",

Of course it would be... minute zero of the new season its a level playing field.... and we have some promising young players that played in the first team this season. I am confident for the squad next season... Our form was inconsistent but at our best we held our own with the Champions (beat 'em, in fact)... at our worst...well.

It is a little premature to make public what those plans are for obvious reasons...

"If Billericay find themselves on relying on other teams for results next season, don't be surprised if that help isn't forthcoming after Saturday".

Pretty childish comment really... Almost a threat. I think the club is well versed in the realities of taking part in a competitive sport. You earn the right over the season... It wasn't this club that were looking for other Conference South clubs to go into administration so they may have a stay of execution from relegation last season for example... We accepted that we were not good enough and got on with our lives....

I think it's insulting to our players & management to even think that they would consider allowing a team to beat them 5-0 so as that team might against all the odds stay up.

Last season when we came back down it was almost unanimous amongst supporters that we would be happy to be mid table this season (regroup and all that) And thanks to the management & players we did slightly better than that. Considering the lousy January-February weather it did look a bit dodgy for us at one point having to play catch up. But in fairness the lad's pulled it out of the bag and did what needed to be done.

But to accuse them of helping/staging/manipulating  a game is disrespectful to say the least. 

For me, after the hurt of last season. This season was slightly better than expected........in the end.

Looking forward to getting my season ticket already :-)

COYB

It is a shame to see how little chance these youngsters have though, if their not good enough, fair enough. But I'm sure some are, and what happens next year, is it either they get released or pushed forward to the first team? It's a hard game, but it'd not only be great for the youngsters to get an opportunity but for the reputation for the club as well. This isn't an attack towards us. It goes for every club in England. But for example, when sappleton was suspended we got Mitchell on loan i think for that reason. And wasn't he a bit of a nob? these moments like suspensions/injuries/end of season games are opportunities for youngsters to prove themselves imo at any level

I always find it strange how the discussion about youth goes round...

On the one hand, if we trial the youth in a league or minor cup game, some of our supporters take a negative view...giving that we're not spending on top non league players...

And when we don't, the club and the manager gets pilloried for not doing so...

I don't have the team sheet for Saturdays game and for the programme records for next season, could someone send me one along, complete with the two substitutes we used....

Thanks...

Had we included a couple of Youth players in the last few games (we didn't have a full subs quota in 7 of the last 8 games), it may have been a bit of good PR for the club. IE, whether the youngsters were ready/not ready/good enough/not good enough or whether they played or not, it would have still been (in my opinion) a decent statement of intent. Instead we got walloped, went with what we've got and now other clubs supporters start to beat the jungle drums of something underhand (they are of course, numpties). Still, it's history... now who are the league clubs gracing New Lodge pre-season? Gazza, team below: 

Lumley, Rodgers, Beavan, Dunne, Imudia, Scott, Layne, Poole, Sappleton, Webber, Kouassi

Subs: Ekim(2); Ngakam(10)

It can often be more demoralising to use a young player who is not ready to play at this level.

As for playing them in the essex cup and friendlies the friendlies are for looking at new players and getting the squad match fit and if we lost in the 1st round of the ESC because we used U18s I can imagine what would be said on here.

Craig was incensed. By the performance on Sat and anybody who would suggest he would try and affect results by playing a poor team, I dare you to say it to his face.

The league clubs to play at New Lodge this summer are..........................

Confirming the dates they will come and being talked about at the club for the last 3 Thursdays and probably the next one too.

Why not pop down hear the news and gossip, have a pint and keep the coffers ticking over while we are not playing.

Every penny helps to improve your club..

Edited by Delboybtfc

So to find out who the pre season fixtures are you have to go down the club hear the news and gossip have a pint ! That my friend is unbelievable, many supporters attend matches some home only some home and away many do not go into the clubhouse at all even on matchdays but that does not mean they are not interested in news such as pre season games and opponents why so much cloak and dagger stuff you have outlets put the news on them,

The league clubs to play at New Lodge this summer are..........................

Confirming the dates they will come and being talked about at the club for the last 3 Thursdays and probably the next one too.

Why not pop down hear the news and gossip, have a pint and keep the coffers ticking over while we are not playing.

Every penny helps to improve your club..

Please tell me that's a wind-up?!

I may be wrong but as I understand it, the reason the club cannot announce the fixtures is that the league clubs have to announce them first... For some reason that escapes me... But as I understand it that is the reason why...

Jeez....

1) if that is the reason, why can't someone from the club say that just to shut these people up.

2) if you feel THAT strongly about how your club (if indeed you consider it your club... I wonder sometimes)... Do something about it...

I did....

So to find out who the pre season fixtures are you have to go down the club hear the news and gossip have a pint ! That my friend is unbelievable, many supporters attend matches some home only some home and away many do not go into the clubhouse at all even on matchdays but that does not mean they are not interested in news such as pre season games and opponents why so much cloak and dagger stuff you have outlets put the news on them,

Some of the people on here consider anyone not 24/7 involved in the club as not real supporters, How dare we have an interest outside the club. 

I'm sure there are good reasons for not advertising the games yet, But to have someone come on and [****!!****] about with the few people that use the forum is just a joke.

Maybe it's a power thing for them? If they are trying to piss off the few supporters that still use the forum they are going the right way about it. 

If the reason that I gave was the reason for not advertising then why mention it in the first place.

I fully appreciate that information should be passed on but if you can't pass full details it would be better not to say anything to ANYONE and wait for the opportunity.

I understand the reason why it was mentioned but if you cannot pass the full details, don't mention it to anyone. And when I say ANYONE.... I mean that only the Chairman and manager should know because it appears even a "tip and a wink" gets around and sparks off a round of criticism. That considering the majority of the football community are still engaged in their season, I find this talk of pre season friendlies bizarre. Not so much a close season... More a silly season.

Reading this thread the reason why the friendlies were mention was well meant but it is obvious that any hint or wink given out by the club can't be handled by some and they want more details despite the possibility that if the club does announce officially other than agreed, there maybe a possibility that the games will cancelled....

To some, the club can't do right for doing wrong...It does feel as if the minority will damn the club if it does and damn the club if it doesn't. It really needs assistance in PR, to control the media feeds.

Edited by GazzaBTFC

This was from the Chairman earlier in the thread: "We have three league clubs confirmed for pre season home games." Is it unreasonable for supporters to ask who we are playing? If we can't announce then fine, a simple explanation would suffice. This is basic stuff.