Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

26 April 2014: Wingate & Finchley v Blues

The fact we only had 2 subs annoys me at that we could of taken 3 u18's to give them the experiance of what its like up with the first team but no, none are signed which shows the non existance of promoting youth through the club, who was the last player to come through are youth probably chatting about 3 years ago but nothing since, craig would rather sign a massive lump than look down to see whose playing well in the u18's and theres also that theres no reserve team which in my opinion is a joke because id rather see someone come up through the youth and play for the shirt.

Had you attended the Q&A with Craig and myself, and made these points MB, you  would not have made that inaccurate post.

OR, had you spoke to Craig after the game,  which he has encouraged people to do if they have a question. You would not have made that inaccurate post.

There is no denying It was a  disappointing and unexpected way to end the season, a comment I guess a lot of teams will be saying today. But its over now, and although we would all have loved to have made the playoffs it wasn't to be.

BUT....

We are so far advanced with preparations for next season that it is the most positive I have felt about a new season in Ten years

We have three league clubs confirmed for pre season home games, We already have a number of signed contracts and 100% commitments from players for next season. Shirt sponsorship is done and we have an increased budget to spend on the pitch this summer,

Season 2014/5....Here we come !

Is it true that the club shop will be selling a new line of merchandise for those supporters who can't handle losing a game...?

....a blue and white rope with a noose tied at one end.....  ;)

Personally, I was disappointed but hey ho...an end of term attitude shown by some players that maybe have not been asked back...I dunno...it was a forgettable end to a forgettable season.

And now to look forward............

Edited by GazzaBTFC

Had you attended the Q&A with Craig and myself, and made these points MB, you  would not have made that inaccurate post.

OR, had you spoke to Craig after the game,  which he has encouraged people to do if they have a question. You would not have made that inaccurate post.

Some people may not have been able to attend the Q&A, like myself. So instead of dismissing MBs post as inaccurate can you please tell us the accurate situation regarding only having 2 subs and no youth on the bench. Surely this forum is also a place to raise such points.

Some people may not have been able to attend the Q&A, like myself. So instead of dismissing MBs post as inaccurate can you please tell us the accurate situation regarding only having 2 subs and no youth on the bench. Surely this forum is also a place to raise such points.

You best buy a programme navyblue1, At least that was the answer i was given when i asked a question about communicating with supporters at the Q&A 

I must be such a bad supporter having had a season ticket and not bothering to go to the last game of the season. That aside Charlton lost 3-1 to Blackburn Rovers, I think i prefer cosy New Lodge to those big stadiums 

COYB's

I do not understand  why when questions or points are raised that are not offensive or malicious they are dismissed and in my view belittled. Why twist the question answer it ! why go on the attack maybe for reasons people were not at the Q&A or the last game but that does not mean when asking a question on the forum they do not get an answer.

I for one are pleased that plans for next year are going well but hey answer the point raised telling supporters that all is well for the coming season and everything is rosy for the future was not the question.

Tin hat at the ready i will get prepare my nightcap.

Many people can't/dont make every game, nothing wrong with that.

The thing with Mighty Blues post is that he stated it as if he knew it as 100% fact. which it wasn't, again, nothing wrong with that, so long as you can accept that others may challenge your view.

and yes navy, I agree, forums are for people to put their opinions and have their say. Inc me.

"we could of taken 3 u18's to give them the experiance of what its like up with the first team but no, none are signed which shows the non existance of promoting youth through the club, who was the last player to come through are youth probably chatting about 3 years ago but nothing since, craig would rather sign a massive lump than look down to see whose playing well in the u18's and theres also that theres no reserve team which in my opinion is a joke".

Both Craig and myself, say again and again, if you want to know something, then just ask. Its simple. Its also better if accurate information and opinion based on facts are stated...is it not?

This is a short forum answer, if you want in-depth it will have to be in conversation.

Our Youth players are monitored throughout the season, Craig speaks with Gerry regularly, for updates and progress reports, a number of our officials, inc Craig  were at Wednesdays Cup Final at Brentwood.

We were due to have one of last years U18's on the bench Saturday, but he got an injury during the week so couldn't make it. (he was very disappointed)

We didn't need a full bench on Saturday, and it was felt the current crop U18's  are not YET, ready to play senior football. Putting them into that match would have benefited no one.  Progression has to be controlled one step at a time.

Chatting has been with Canvey for two seasons, so it was a lot longer than 3 years ago.

All players progress from youth to senior football, and nearly every one of those, at EVERY level, has to take a step backwards to progress forward whist being monitored by there original club.

There are very good reasons for no reserve team, and that decision is reviewed EVERY season. And the comment about who Craig would 'rather' sign is complete nonsense.

That is my last comments on what is now last season, My focus is next season and that my friend....is looking very good.

I'm always at the club on a Thursday night if you want to discuss, or if you want to ask Craig anything, email it to me and I'll pass it on...he will be more than happy to reply.

The club has a website, Twitter and Facebook accounts, matchday programme and this forum in which to pass on information to supporters en-masse. I.E., we have 3 league sides coming to New Lodge for pre-season (info from Twitter and this forum) and a number of players that have agreed to stay for next season (info from this forum). Would it not be better to co-ordinate this information (and like) to go out on said website/twitter/facebook/programme/forum rather than supporters have to ask in person. A press officer?

Ryan, you know the "just ask" point" is very different to getting out general news . No club is going to print a day to day diary of every discussion/discussion. so if a person has a specific question that has not been printed, then thats the time to ask.

A press officer who can commit to the time required  would be very welcome. (We have asked before)

if someone wants to step forward please get in touch.,

Edited by The Town Crier

Sorry, but I think you are missing a serious point here.

As a follower of local Non-League football, and East Thurrock United in particular, I consider the "blase" attitute with which Billericay Town approached the Leyton Wingate game on Saturday borders on being insulting towards the Ryman League, and particularly the clubs involved in the relegation battle, which went down to the wire.

For a club with such a solid youth section to go into any Ryman League game with only two substitutes is inexcuseable.  How must those youngsters be feeling at being "cold shouldered" in such a way ?

Not just that, but the general "so what, it's the last game of the season" attitude from many of your players left a bad taste in the mouth.

Despite already being relegated, Cray Wanderers fielded their strongest side against Enfield Town, and battled all the way before going down 2-1, while Bognor Regis were fully committed in their game at Rookery Hill despite having played a Sussex Senior Cup semi final on Thursday evening.

Fortunately, Billericay Towns attitude and performance at Wingate did not affect the relegation position at the end of the day, but I imagine this might have had much more serious implications if Saturdays display had resulted in Wingate staying up.

Before you all go into one, just take a step back and imagine how you would have felt if it had been your club involved in the relegation scrap.

You would seek to blame our worst performance of the season on your relegation rather than the 46 league games you didn't perform in ?

How must your youngsters have felt being cold shouldered and overlooked in favour of your policy of signing under performing big name/money players in front of them ?

Edited by New Lodger

A good point but one game doesn't make a season... for Wingate or for us. Did not Wingate lose the right to be in the Premier League over the season, not just on one game? There were various result permutations before the game as to whether Wingate stay up or not. If you are looking towards other results to go your way it isn't really JUST down to one game. That Wingate's survival was down to East Thurrock losing or Enfield losing and us having nine put past us just goes to show that, really, the likelyhood of survival was more to do with what had gone on over the other 45 games....

And where does it say that our attitude was an insult to Non League, Ryman League and the clubs struggling against relegation? Of the players we had available that were first team (signed, registered and not injured to the club) were what was available on the day. That the team as a whole didn't show on the day proves what? There were players that tried as well others that did look as if they were "on their heels"... shit happens... If you look over the season, inconsistency has blighted our season. At one point, our away form was Championship, whilst our home form was relegation... This argument has been put out onto this forum just to stoke more bad feeling.

Another point... has anyone questioned Bognor's performance in losing 4-2 to East Thurrock (just a question....I haven't the time to trawl through all the forums and web sites like some). Apparently they fought hard all the way (which I do not doubt) but still get dicked 4-2 after leading 2-0!!!

I am amazed that this one game, is being analyzed in such a way. The league is a marathon and success and / or failure is not just based on one or two games and definitely not on that one game. There were permutations galore as to what could've and should've happened on the day. So to suggest that one match defined a season is rubbish (imo).

It does appear that for those that are disenfranchised by their attitude towards the club for what they feel has been a "poor" season have lost their "mojo" for the club... That is a shame but ripping into the club isn't the way. I don't believe anyone involved with the club, doesn't have the the best interests for the club. That, perhaps, those interests are being questioned isn't a bad thing but as those interests don't fit with a few (and a few who care enough to write their concerns on this forum) would suggest that perhaps the management of the club should take a more pragmatic view and ask (by what ever social media feed is agreeable), what it is these people want. And answer those questions and concerns...

It's bloody obvious that people don't want to come to the mountain so the mountain will have to go to the people. So, here is the idea. A one off on line forum. The owner of the Blues News twitter, facebook, information feed/account, put out a request for a Q & A on line forum. Those people that subscribe to the news feed submit their questions, with their name and the club takes the time to answer the questions and publish them on the main website.

Edited by GazzaBTFC