Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

Chesham have signed Ashley Smith and Tom Baddeley from Burnham and ex Slough player Andy Ballard.

A bit surprised Alex Brown has signed again for Chesham. At his age I'd have thought he'd just want to play football regardless of the level.

Before we signed Reece Yorke, I had wondered if Andy Ballard would end up back at Slough,given his Slough connection,availability and his fairly recent appearances for Burnham.

Alex Brown wants to play as high a level as he can.If circumstances change,it wouldn't surprise many, to see him in an Aylesbury shirt in the near future.

'Little ole Becky' seem to be a club only going in one direction.

With pre-season upon us, their Chairman Fred Deanus has resigned, they haven't, as yet, started advertising for a Manager and they have no friendlies lined up.

I think we can safely say Old Ram won't be on this forum gloating for a while    :lol:   

Edited by Reading Rebel

How many of these player moves have had the paper work completed and returned and processed by the league?

Obviously depends when the registration forms are available.

Most of these clubs are reporting players as signed or committed, maybe some are on contract. 

I can only repeat what clubs are reporting.

Some clubs make announcements as soon as a player says he will play for them. Others wait until they have committed and signed on the dotted line and ratified by the league.

Last season there was one club who announced a player in the morning only to find out he had signed for someone else in the afternoon.

Until those forms are signed and delivered nothing is certain

So Reese Yorke and Luke Knight are not signed either but I believe they will play for Slough[us] this coming season.

Regardless of actual signatures,at least 80% of these announced transfers go through.

I thought Ryan Blake could have been a good signing for us.Obviously not to be. 

Historically, forms were made available at the league AGM held in mid June (21st this year) and registrations would not be taken until 1st July at the earliest. We've had it happen to us twice in recent years, that I am aware of, with Richard Pierson and Jon Beames both playing pre-season for us and signing, only to move away later in pre-season. 

Historically, forms were made available at the league AGM held in mid June (21st this year) and registrations would not be taken until 1st July at the earliest. We've had it happen to us twice in recent years, that I am aware of, with Richard Pierson and Jon Beames both playing pre-season for us and signing, only to move away later in pre-season. 

It happens, fact of life at all levels of football whether a player commits verbally, signs a form or a contract.

As 3spirit said it only happens in a small % of cases and leaves you with the type of player that you want who are totally committed to your club.

Changing the subject,Slough get a mention in the NLP article today about Gosport's manager,Alex Pike,to the fact that Slough knocked out Gosport in the FA Cup.

Also see AFC Rushden and Diamonds are beginning to build a side to get another promotion with the signings of Adam Confue and Liam Dolman from Daventry.  

Edited by 3spirit

Changing the subject,Slough get a mention in the NLP article today about Gosport's manager,Alex Pike,to the fact that Slough knocked out Gosport in the FA Cup.

Also see AFC Rushden and Diamonds are beginning to build a side to get another promotion with the signings of Adam Confue and Liam Dolman from Daventry.  

Looks like the 'Purple Army's' troops are deserting.

Dolman, Confue etc are good players but does seem strange that they are stepping down a level form Daventry when they could quite easily play at a higher level.

Playing in front of 600-700 probably helps,too.

I really feel sorry for the supporters of Salisbury City FC.

It seems the club have been duped by a supposed rich Dubai businessman who passed the farcical Conference 'fit and proper' test by providing a P.O. Box and an E mail address. Unless someone stumps up some money by next Monday Salisbury City are no more.