Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

If new owners can't be found Torquay will go bust.

Great shame for the club and loyal supporters. 

A great shame for the loyal supporters if Torquay go bust ?

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few months reading the comments on the Torquay Forum.

I've also somehow managed to get through a couple of editions of a video blog that some of their fans produce after their matches, called I think "TorquayTalk".

I know that these productions are not indicative of all the views of Torquay fan's, but the vast majority of those Torquay fans who do air their views on these items come across as a very unlikeable bunch.

So arrogant, and totally blind of the fact that they are where they are for a reason (i.e. they are not  as good as they think they deserve to be).

At the start of the season they thought getting promoted to the level where they think at the very least they are entitled to be ( i.e.  National League ) was going to be fairly easy, and that they would only have to put up with this "regionalised, tin-pot league" as they call it, for one season.

Well things haven't worked out as they imagined, have they ?

Of course I know that Torquay will have many sensible, proper fans who I do indeed sympathise with at this time.

Sorry, but I don't have any sympathy for some of their blinkered,  deluded fans on their forum and video blogs.

I wonder if they will charge fans 22 quid to see their games next season, whichever league they end up in ?

Edited by Holyport Rebel

4 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

A great shame for the loyal supporters if Torquay go bust ?

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few months reading the comments on the Torquay Forum.

I've also somehow managed to get through a couple of editions of a video blog that some of their fans produce after their matches, called I think "TorquayTalk".

I know that these productions are not indicative of all the views of Torquay fan's, but the vast majority of those Torquay fans who do air their views on these items come across as a very unlikeable bunch.

So arrogant, and totally blind of the fact that they are where they are for a reason (i.e. they are not  as good as they think they deserve to be).

At the start of the season they thought getting promoted to the level where they think at the very least they are entitled to be ( i.e.  National League ) was going to be fairly easy, and that they would only have to put up with this "regionalised, tin-pot league" as they call it, for one season.

Well things haven't worked out as they imagined, have they ?

Of course I know that Torquay will have many sensible, proper fans who I do indeed sympathise with at this time.

Sorry, but I don't have any sympathy for some of their blinkered,  deluded fans on their forum and video blogs.

I wonder if they will charge fans 22 quid to see their games next season, whichever league they end up in ?

As you say HR these supporters on social media are a tiny % of the Torquay fan base and I'm sure don't represent the views of the majority.

So I do feel sorry and think it's a shame this is happening for the majority of the decent Torquay supporters.

32 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I see that Western-super-Mare's game at home to Eastbourne scheduled for tomorrow is already off.

Truro's game at "home" to Hemel has a pitch inspection in 20 minutes. ( at 3.30pm.)

Game Off

Inspection currently taking place at Taunton! But regulars at the ground reporting its in a worst state than Tuesday due to rainfall since and will be off!

Edited by Irishadrian

53 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Inspection currently taking place at Taunton! But regulars at the ground reporting its in a worst state than Tuesday due to rainfall since and will be off!

Just confirmed Game Off!

In news that will shock the footballing world to it's very core, Maidenhead United have announced "the difficult decision to withdraw from the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup", citing fixture congestion and availability of players.

I wonder if they'll now be liable for a £750 fine, as the rules only explicitly state "Illness, injury and/or shortage of players" are not sufficient reasons for withdrawal.

3 minutes ago, Nathan said:

In news that will shock the footballing world to it's very core, Maidenhead United have announced "the difficult decision to withdraw from the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup", citing fixture congestion and availability of players.

I wonder if they'll now be liable for a £750 fine, as the rules only explicitly state "Illness, injury and/or shortage of players" are not sufficient reasons for withdrawal.

A you say a real shock 😂

Looks like M'head are pressing the panic button.

If it's in the rules then hopefully they will be fined.

Edited by Reading Rebel

2 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

And it's in the rules then hopefully they will be fined.

As far as I'm aware, the rules don't say anything about fixture congestion, only "Illness, injury and/or shortage of players", which makes the following a little perplexing:

AS I interpret this, they're surely sailing a little close to the wind regarding a withdrawal fine?

They're also supposed to inform the B&B FA Management Committee of their intention to withdraw a minimum of 7 days before their next scheduled match. Assuming this hasn't already happened (why wait until yesterday to put it on Twitter if it has?) that could mean another £750 fine.

24 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

They have thanked MK Dons and B&B FA for their understanding of their situation so presumably the required notice was given?

Who knows about the notice (I'm going by the date of the Twitter posts), but I'd be very surprised if they showed understanding about Maidenhead not being able to field a team should they reach final! Why enter at all if there's any doubt?

We struggled to field a team back in 2019 when we won it, but we managed.

Weymouth have informed Torquay United  who Weymouth are at home to  on 2nd March that for every Torquay supporter who attends with a ticket £5 will be donated to Torquays survival fund Great. Imo gesture