Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Yeboah opened the scoring 16'

Bath lost  1-2  after only drawing last game with lowly H&W wont heip their morale when we meet!

Edited by Irishadrian

14 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

A massive dent into Worthing’s promotion ambitions today with their manager leaving to take over at York City. You can’t blame him as it’s a massive opportunity although they hang precariously just above the drop zone.

Can't blame him with the opportunity to manage a much bigger club and obviously a lot more money but would be ironic if York go down and Worthing get promoted.

Edited by Reading Rebel

50 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Or spur them on depending on which way you look at it.

Also wont help them having played a tough game 4 days before our clash plus theyll know how hard it is to get anything at Arbour Park for months now

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

With 10 games to go Chesham are 12 points clear with a vastly superior goal difference.

Nothing is certain in football but barring a calamitous finish to the season it looks like Chesham will be playing in the NLS next season. 

Let’s hope they’re chosen as our Xmas fixtures and not Oxford City…

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

With 10 games to go Chesham are 12 points clear with a vastly superior goal difference.

Nothing is certain in football but barring a calamitous finish to the season it looks like Chesham will be playing in the NLS next season. 

I for one am happy with that, gutted they missed out last season.

I like The Meadow; played there, kids have played there and I've watched watched there, hopefully we can have them at Xmas/New Year.

3 hours ago, Curtis said:

Attendance for Hampton match was 1,008 on Boxing Day, would Chesham be a bigger crowd than that?

Chesham are averaging around the 500/600 mark.

With the travelling distance somewhere around 30+ minutes I'd say there's every chance attendances for boxing day and new years day would be comfortably over the 1,000 mark.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Chesham are averaging around the 500/600 mark.

With the travelling distance somewhere around 30+ minutes I'd say there's every chance attendances for boxing day and new years day would be comfortably over the 1,000 mark.

A long shot maybe, but looking at the NLP table it looks likely that three from Dorking, Woking, Wealdstone, Ebbsfleet, Maidenhead, Boreham Wood, Dagenham & Redbridge, Southend United or Eastleigh could go down (I'm assuming Oxford City as they look doomed). All except Oxford are further south than Chesham. Only three Northern teams look to be in danger: AFC Fylde, York City and Rochdale (assuming that they survive the rest of the season). It's very tight; only 8 points separate 21st from 10th-placed Hartlepool United! Needham Market are leading the Southern League Central, they may end up in the North.

Assuming that the other teams to go down from NLP are all southern and that Needham Market go up, the obvious choice for teams in the South to go into the North would surely be St. Albans (if they don't get promoted) and Hemel Hempstead. What would be the chances of Chesham ending up in the NL North?

Edited by Nathan

15 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Yeovil have announced that their allocation of 1800 tickets for their 1st April  segregated match at Weymouth have sold out.

I wonder how many of the 500 we’ve given them have been sold and if they do sell out if we’d give them anymore?

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Not sure but I think for some reason there's a bitter rivalry between the two clubs.

Having lived in Yeovil for a couple of years, I can tell you they hate the “Muff” it’s a bit like Wycombe Slough from non league days, I guess this is the first and last time they will play each other for many years. .