Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Since the last postponement  weve had  long bouts of rain on both Sunday and Monday so no surprise at all there.

Ive just received a Floodline alert and likely flooding for a large part of South Somerset with lots more rain expe cted 

I haven't noticed anyone mention this on here previously, ( if they have and I've missed it ...........doh! ), but Guy Hollis has signed for Farnborough recently. He played for them last night against Torquay.

While I'm on here I also would like to give a shout-out to Scott McNeish, who I've noticed has posted great video clips on twitter of Slough's goals  in recent matches. 

5 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I haven't noticed anyone mention this on here previously, ( if they have and I've missed it ...........doh! ), but Guy Hollis has signed for Farnborough recently. He played for them last night against Torquay.

While I'm on here I also would like to give a shout-out to Scott McNeish, who I've noticed has posted great video clips on twitter of Slough's goals  in recent matches. 

Was on "Non-League Snippets" on 25th January.

Taunton Town have released a statement in the last few hours saying that the monies owed to the Revenue has been paid and and the recruitment embargo has been lifted and the winding up order withdrawn.

Edited by Irishadrian

6 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Taunton Town have released a statement in the last few hours saying that the monies owed to the Revenue has been paid and and the recruitment embargo has been lifted and the winding up order withdrawn.

Given our fairly recent history I hate it when clubs really struggle and have the prospect of potentially going to the wall, its awful.

I'm glad they've sorted it out but obviously now they need to get over all this 'pitch' stuff especially given we've now got to go there twice.

12 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

If Taunton don't get their pitch sorted and start playing home games pretty sharpish they'll soon be back to square one. 

Lets see what happens when Truro are at home this Saturday and then Taunton are at home on the Tuesday.

Edited by Reading Rebel

41 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

If Taunton don't get their pitch sorted and start playing home games pretty sharpish they'll soon be back to square one. 

Lets see what happens when Truro are at home on this Saturday and then Taunton are at home on the Tuesday.

Apparently Wickes have supplied lots of bags of sand

There was lots of heavy rain overnight in South Somerset with more forecast. Saturday must be in doubt

Dont know the details of the deal with Truro but Taunton supporters saying Truro have nabbed the next 3 Tuesday dates so theyll have to play Thursdays

52 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

There was lots of heavy rain overnight in South Somerset with more forecast. Saturday must be in doubt

Dont know the details of the deal with Truro but Taunton supporters saying Truro have nabbed the next 3 Tuesday dates so theyll have to play Thursdays

With the amount of rain we're getting I wouldn't be surprised if both games are called off.

It might get to the point where the NL will have to step in and insist on games being played either away or at another venue if that's possible.

It seems the Torquay Chairman was only ever interested in his new stadium proposal which ultimately got rejected. I guess he was in line to make a tidy sum from it but now that’s a dead duck he’s packing his bags. If they do get a points deduction it could put them in a relegation fight especially if they need to drastically cut costs like being full time.

A 10 point deduction would put them in 18th place and in the relegation dog fight. Once it became clear that the Chairman had no real interest in football rather real estate there have been many calls for him to quit.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

If new owners can't be found Torquay will go bust.

Great shame for the club and loyal supporters. 

Manager Gary Johnson  leaves by mutual consent  theres a surprise!

Edited by Irishadrian

29 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Manager Gary Johnson  leaves by mutual consent  theres a surprise!

In a way he’s saving the club money by resigning meaning no payout from his contract which he’d be entitled to if he was sacked.

Not sure if the Chairman has cut all funding immediately or he’s left a set amount to tide them over whilst the club search for new investment. If it’s immediate then expect to see an exodus of players.