Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

21 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

An arrest warrant has been issued for Yeovil chairman  Martin Hellier. Most severe allegations are racial abuse and threats to kill.

The FA have confirmed they are investigating  both Hellier and the club.

On 24/02/2024 at 15:06, Nathan said:

Who knows about the notice (I'm going by the date of the Twitter posts), but I'd be very surprised if they showed understanding about Maidenhead not being able to field a team should they reach final! Why enter at all if there's any doubt?

We struggled to field a team back in 2019 when we won it, but we managed.

Am I right in thinking Maidenhead pulled out after they beat us last season?

On 25/02/2024 at 08:18, Curtis said:

It has surprised me, but Danny Searle has changed Ebbsfleet’s form….. 3 wins & 2 draws from their last five matches has moved them out of the relegation zone.

I was in Ebbsfleet on Saturday before I went to Tonbridge and I spoke to a few of their supporters who were waiting for the coaches to Dorking, they are happy with him at the minute.

1 hour ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Am I right in thinking Maidenhead pulled out after they beat us last season?

You are correct. I've just looked it up and they withdrew on 30th January 2023, one day before they were due to play Marlow, citing fixture congestion. Yet more proof (if it were needed) that the competition is seen (at least by the bigger clubs) as a joke and treated as a waste of time.

1 hour ago, Irishadrian said:

An arrest warrant has been issued for Yeovil chairman  Martin Hellier. Most severe allegations are racial abuse and threats to kill.

If these allegations are true (I've just read that he says these alleged death threats are computer generated!), then all the more reason why questions should be asked of potential buyers!

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

Yeah dock them 40 points and relegate them!

I'm not sure that's fair on the players. Is there any form for docking points due to non-footballing or financial wrongdoing of a club chairman?

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

You are correct. I've just looked it up and they withdrew on 30th January 2023, one day before they were due to play Marlow, citing fixture congestion. Yet more proof (if it were needed) that the competition is seen (at least by the bigger clubs) as a joke and treated as a waste of time.

If these allegations are true (I've just read that he says these alleged death threats are computer generated!), then all the more reason why questions should be asked of potential buyers!

I'm not sure that's fair on the players. Is there any form for docking points due to non-footballing or financial wrongdoing of a club chairman?

I don't think the bigger clubs treat the B&B as a joke competition.

If they did they just wouldn't bother to enter and take the fine.

What they do is use it as a platform to play fringe players, players coming back from injury etc to give them game time.

Some supporters treat it as a joke because there's no money involved until it comes to the semi-final and final and then turn up in their numbers.

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

If they did they just wouldn't bother to enter and take the fine.

I believe this is what Reading did for many years.

Unfortunately, entry for the B&B Senior Cup is mandatory for B&B affiliated clubs for non-league step 5 (I think) and above. A satisfactory reason is required for applying for an exemption from this rule, or for withdrawing at any stage. The maximum fine for falling foul of either of these rules is £750, which may be loose change for clubs like Reading but is a fair amount of money for everybody else, all for the sake of what (usually) is only one game.

33 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I believe this is what Reading did for many years.

Unfortunately, entry for the B&B Senior Cup is mandatory for B&B affiliated clubs for non-league step 5 (I think) and above. A satisfactory reason is required for applying for an exemption from this rule, or for withdrawing at any stage. The maximum fine for falling foul of either of these rules is £750, which may be loose change for clubs like Reading but is a fair amount of money for everybody else, all for the sake of what (usually) is only one game.

Not loose change for Reading currently!!!

34 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Not loose change for Reading currently!!!

Maybe not, but I'm sure that having a shot at winning the prestigious B&B Cup (they play Burnham on Wednesday) will make up for their relegation and financial woes! 😆🤣😂

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

Unfortunately, entry for the B&B Senior Cup is mandatory for B&B affiliated clubs for non-league step 5 (I think) and above.

Correction: I see no mention of the former B&B Intermediate Cup on the B&B website, so presumably they've done away with that? A look at this season's fixtures show teams such as Winslow United, Long Crendon, Langley, Milton United (whom Maidenhead beat before withdrawing), AFC Aldermaston, Berks County (???) and Milton Keynes Irish all entering, so it looks like to goes a lot lower down the pyramid.

1 minute ago, sdelaney said:

Am I right in thinking these County games in this age still come before a league match if they were to be played on the same night.

I believe so, which is presumably why Maidenhead have withdrawn (citing fixtures congestion) several months before the end of the season 2 years running (rounds have to be played by a set date). This simply means inconvenience for the big clubs who want to prioritise other competitions.

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

They've also signed another striker in Ephraim Yeboah from Bristol City.

Bath gearing up for the big end of season push to get promotion.

Yeboah opened the scoring 16'