Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ched Evans

Rhodes

Why do you always make it personal Rhodes?

Nobody condones illegal acts of violence towards anyone.

Nor however should anyone prevent any human being from having legal employment as long as their job is compliant with the law.

Anyone on the sex offenders register should not work directly with children or vulnerable adults for example.

Playing football does neither of these. if it did then working in a  car factory would be out as children might use the car - daft isn't it.

A footballer with such a conviction should not however work in community projects or schools with the club where he might be in contact with children IMHO - being on a pitch is not the same. How do you know your club's groundsman has no convictions - bet he/she has not been checked!

The argument against a football club employing a convicted rapist are moral and financial ones, as any club stupid enough to employ Evans would lose lucrative sponsorship deals, plus supporters who would be incensed by the clubs actions. Most companies would not want their names associated with a vile sex offender, and rightly so IMO.

I'm fairly confident that if supporters of almost any club were asked if they would condone them signing Evans the answer would be an empathic no.

you've continually made these discussions personal

If that was the case, which it isn't, it would be justified for the disgusting way you condone what Evans did

If that was the case, which it isn't, it would be justified for the disgusting way you condone what Evans did

And yet... this still applies. Can anyone guess why? I wonder...

Again Rhodes, no-one cares what you have to say, you've continually made these discussions personal and on top of being a complete hypocrite plainly lie about posts made by other people. Consequently no-one places any value or trust in your posts. I'm afraid you've brought it on yourself.

Cup of Tea - Not at all infact it's Loosely who makes things personal when he loses an argument and brings my family into it, Ched Evans is a rapist pure and simple but for some reason Loosely defends him as he did with child killer goalkeeper Luke McCormick

Comical isn't it? I challenge anyone to find something I've said in this thread that is personal regarding "bringing Rhodesly's family into it'?

No wonder his word is s hit. What a hypocrite and liar, the case rests.

I challenge anyone to find something I've said in this thread that is personal regarding "bringing Rhodesly's family into it'?

Another George Best style body swerve, it wasn't on this thread, it was on various others when you haven't got your own way. You have defended Evans and McCormick, you can't deny that.

it wasn't on this thread

So what is your excuse for making things personal in this thread Rhodesly. Really, you are quite childish, shall we look through all of the recent threads we've participated in and see just who initiates the personal remarks?

I think we all know who that will be Rhodesly.

Loosely - So what is your excuse for making things personal and bringing my family into threads, shall I look through all threads during the course of 2014 and see how many times you have initiated personal remarks relating to my ex partner and kids.

Loosely - So what is your excuse for making things personal and bringing my family into threads, shall I look through all threads during the course of 2014 and see how many times you have initiated personal remarks relating to my ex partner and kids.

Crikey, so repeat what I say but change it to your perspective? Just like being in the old school playground!

No wonder no-one has any time for you these days.

You used to be quite entertaining but I'm afraid even I am thinking that your time is up Rhodesly.

Loosely - So do you deny that you have initiated personal remarks relating to my ex partner and kids on this Forum

Loosely - I remember that you got pulled up on it recently on another thread when a member came down on you like a ton of bricks for bringing my family into an argument, at least you didn't stoop as low as Keeps who went as far as to contact my ex on Facebook.

Anyway lets get back to the topic, Missunderstood made a valid point didn't he as the argument against a football club, such as Sheffield United, employing a convicted rapist are huge moral and financial ones, a club stupid enough to employ Evans would lose lucrative sponsorship deals with 99.9% of their supporters alienated, surely you agree.

Loosely - Seriously though why do you stick up for the likes of Evans and McCormick, it doesn't make any sense, Evans is a rapist pure and simple and McCormick killed two young boys and put their father in a wheelchair for the rest of his life when he was well over the drink drive limit and speeding, how can you possibly defend that.

Seriously Rhodesly - I merely stick up for the rights of ex-convicts to find work and support themselves rather than becoming an additional paid for burden on the dole.

I appreciate that you've been unable to appreciate the subtle difference. 

So lets get this right, you happily admit that you support rapists and child killers then and like to see them integrated back into the Community after they have served their lenient prison sentence as if nothing has happened.

You don't half twist things Rhodes!!

Anyone who has paid their debt to society and served their time has every right to pursue gainful employment in their chosen field as long as it is legal and is in accordance with the laws of the land.

I could not care less what their crime was and nor should you!!!

Rhodes - what is your take on soldiers and police workers who take innocent people's lives - so you support them and allow them to work, or do you ostracise them as well?  Please let me know!

You don't half twist things Rhodes!!

Anyone who has paid their debt to society and served their time has every right to pursue gainful employment in their chosen field as long as it is legal and is in accordance with the laws of the land.

I could not care less what their crime was and nor should you!!!

Rhodes - what is your take on soldiers and police workers who take innocent people's lives - so you support them and allow them to work, or do you ostracise them as well?  Please let me know!

Precisely, AND as long as they are NOT in a position to cause any threat to innocent people.