Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hospitality, PA's etc

I feel a nanny state moment coming on....so I shall lie in my room that is darkened to British Standard, sip my coffee thermo-tested to ensure it could not scald a passer by and shake my head in disbelief, having checked to make sure my head shaking doesn't catch a passer by and sees them rushing to the ambulance chasing legal vermin to sue.

No BAD GUY we don't have a team board, but what we do is put up a number of team sheets around the ground and announce the teams over the tannoy system.

Thought so MAL as I couldn't find one when I visited recently, I just thought I missed it.  I didn't see any team sheets either.

Surely a club of Windsor stature, a team board outside the clubhouse or any prominant position/area would do the trick as opposed to giving out team sheets, which inverably end up on the floor which is more work to tidy up than the simple job of writing teams on the board ? 

Maybe something your Chairman should consider MAL?

Thought so MAL as I couldn't find one when I visited recently, I just thought I missed it.  I didn't see any team sheets either.

Surely a club of Windsor stature, a team board outside the clubhouse or any prominant position/area would do the trick as opposed to giving out team sheets, which inverably end up on the floor which is more work to tidy up than the simple job of writing teams on the board ? 

Maybe something your Chairman should consider MAL?

We don't 'give out' team sheets and therefore no rubbish to pick up.  They are posted a certain points in the ground in wall mounted frames.  There is also one taped to the club house window.

...well, If you hear a rumour that some fruitcake hijacked the microphone and read from the team sheet to the tune of 'My Way' at least you can point them in the direction of the prime suspects ! ( We must not endanger the living of those who make a noise and expect to get paid for it instead of getting a proper job, of course)

...well, If you hear a rumour that some fruitcake hijacked the microphone and read from the team sheet to the tune of 'My Way' at least you can point them in the direction of the prime suspects ! ( We must not endanger the living of those who make a noise and expect to get paid for it instead of getting a proper job, of course)

Being a writer or performer of music is like being a footballer. Neither of them are proper jobs in a sense but they're both in the entertainment industry. Just like footballers, there are people making a very comfortable living from doing very little work. Noddy Holder and co. love this time of year as it's their yearly pension top-up.

Lower down there are musicians who do it alongside a 'proper' job. These are like the semi-pro footballers getting an extra few quid a week or whatever and then there are those who make no money from it at all and do it for purely for enjoyment. Just like some footballers.

Edited by VPCTFC