Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hospitality, PA's etc

At the CB Hounslow United v Ash United game a few weeks ago there was no team line ups written anywhere in or out of the ground, nothing announced over the tannoy, no team sheet and no team line ups in their programme. For me that's very poor you would get more player information at a Sunday league game.

How about this suggestion,ALL Clubs should display Team Boards inside the Clubhouse at least 30 mins before K.O.That way all these Groundhoppers BAD GUY included may buy a Beer,Food, etc

Why do you make such a comment like that Smudge ?

I'll have you know that I support the non-league club scene as much as I can 'cos I know the majority of the clubs struggle at CCL level, and that usually incorporates the entrance fee, programme, hot dog or burger and a tea during the game then a couple of beers in the clubhouse after, maybe even more if I meet someone I know or start chatting to another....satisfied now !   :P

By the way, have you been out watching games lately ????  ;)

Some clubs don't have the people to do these things or they just cant be bothered.

We at Hanwell Town FC put a team sheet up outside the club house around 40 mins before kick off and we also do team sheets (For Free) for people who want one we usually end up printing off about 20 team sheets per game.

I have been told that some clubs charge for a team sheet but I cant say that I have come across that yet!.

Savagebee, why do team sheets  when you have programmes as well team board/sheet outside the clubhouse?  If you give free team sheets out would that not be extra unnecessary workload and maybe deter some people watching from buying a programme subsequently no revenue received ? 

Nevertheless Savagebee its alot better than the majority of other clubs appear to be doing.

Rother, do Windsor have a match team board ?

to use a tannoy system to play music you have to pay for some kind of royalty licence i was told at sandhurst,not sure if you need permission to announce things?

That is correct Salv. 

I dont see the point of a tannoy at Step 5 or even step 4.  Interestingly the ground I go to the most other than Camberley are at Step 1 and their tannoy is useless !!

Team boards are a good idea but as ever it is another job for clubs, many who have 1 or 2 people doing everything.

Got me thinking this one and I can honestly say I can't really bring to mind a club that was not hospitable to supporters. Camberley has a good team of fellows that work hard on a matchday as well as a well stocked bar. Westfield has nice facilities to name just two.  All the other grounds definitely seem to make the best of their facilities and being as it is done mostly by volunteers I take my hat off to you all. I have been to most grounds in this league and can say that I have no complaints. If I was being really picky then I would ask some clubs to make sure they sell onions with thier burgers lol

I look forward to visiting different grounds and from my experience I would like to say well done to all of you and keep up the good work. There is too much backbiting in football so it is nice to post something positive for a change !!!!!

Edited by Jellybean

Rother, do Windsor have a match team board ?

No BAD GUY we don't have a team board, but what we do is put up a number of team sheets around the ground and announce the teams over the tannoy system.

Prior to the 'demise' of  Meadowbank, part of my responsibilities was to ensure the official CCL team sheets were completed on time, signed and handed to the match referee.

I would then take the copies to the club-house and make up the team board which would be posted inside the club-house, but viewable from outside in the ground.

Relying on the match day programme to have the CORRECT  squad is almost impossible as they are usually printed up to several days before the match and squad changes are inevitable.

Savagebee, why do team sheets  when you have programmes as well team board/sheet outside the clubhouse?  

Well the programes do not always have all the right names in them as the players that are actually available on the day of the match and the board outside the club house is just a blank board so its no quicker writing the names on the board than it is writing on a team sheet and pining it up on the board outside the club house also by writing the team sheet up in the boardroom you don't get the interruptions from people talking to you when you are trying to write the players names on the board also I think a team sheet looks neater than writing the names on a board. Also we have had a loot of good feed back from people since we started giving team sheets out two years ago. Now we only write the names on the board outside the clubhouse when the printer has run out of ink or its not working which has been very rare touch wood! :)

Edited by Savagebee

Good to see these jobs carried out by committed club men or women . When you think ,  thats over 60 team sheets over 3 years , probably many more and then the board writing.

I hope the clubs reward those involved with a pint or 4 and that BIG JR can resume his duties in the near future.

Clubs could go to the wall completely but for these hard working  individuals !  :lol:  :crazy2:  :affig:

Good to see these jobs carried out by committed club men or women . When you think ,  thats over 60 team sheets over 3 years , probably many more and then the board writing.

I hope the clubs reward those involved with a pint or 4 and that BIG JR can resume his duties in the near future.

Clubs could go to the wall completely but for these hard working  individuals !  :lol:  :crazy2:  :affig:

So true, and many thanks !

Is not the club's tannoy system covered under the club's Performing Rights licence for their jukebox/CD player 

What if the Club doesn't have a juke-box, Karen  ??

How many pubs/clubs who have an in-house juke-box actually HAVE the right to play music.

A very interesting question, in my humble opinion.

What if the Club doesn't have a juke-box, Karen  ??

How many pubs/clubs who have an in-house juke-box actually HAVE the right to play music.

A very interesting question, in my humble opinion.

If music is ever played on your premises for customers or staff; for example, through radio, TV, CD, MP3 or computer speakers, or at live events, this is considered a ‘public performance’. The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 states you need to get permission from the copyright holder to ‘perform’ music in public – and a music licence grants you this permission.

to use a tannoy system to play music you have to pay for some kind of royalty licence i was told at sandhurst,not sure if you need permission to announce things?

You don't need permission to announce things but you're correct about a licence to play music unless it's out of copyright (ie. it's more than 70 years old). It used to be less than that but those doddering old farts Cliff Richard and Roger Daltrey decided they hadn't made enough money from their 50 year old songs so fought to get the length of copyright protecetion extended.

You need a licence from the PRS and one from the PPL.

There are loads of different tariffs but the basic PRS licence for sports clubs costs 0.4p for every person that comes through the gate so an attendance of 100 costs 40p. There is a minimum charge of £82 a year though. The only restriction for this is that you're not allowed to play music from ten minutes before kick off until the game finishes - if you do then there are higher charges.

If clubs have DJs and/or live bands playing in their clubhouses then they need a license for that as well.

http://www.prsformusic.com/users/businessesandliveevents/musicforbusinesses/sportsgrounds/Pages/Sportsgroundsandstadiums.aspx

What if the voice over the tannoy sings the team line ups though? Sounds like the usual 'rules are rules ' tosh that keep old farts in the FA mafia barely busy and everyone else non-plussed and weary

The payments go to the writers (via PRS) and performers (via PPL) - it's how musicians and singers get paid. It's got nothing to do with the FA.

You're completely free to sing over your tannoy without a licence, unless you're singing someone else's song, but you won't get payment yourself unless you sign up to the PRS.

Edited by VPCTFC

That is correct Salv. 

I dont see the point of a tannoy at Step 5 or even step 4.

How about reading out the winner of the football card?

Seriously though - you need them in case you have to make an emergency announcement. Yeah, it's fine when there's 50 people in the ground and you can shout at them to evacuate cos of a fire or something but once you start getting into the hundreds it's a bit more difficult.