Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hatfield Town Fc Ladies

Hatfield Town Ladies are looking for a qualified football coach. It is an exciting opportunity for those that are interested. We are a newly affiliated ladies team associated with Hatfield Town FC.
If you hold at least a level 1 coaching qualification and would like to be considered for the role please contact: Brooke for more information on hatfieldtownladiesfc@gmail.com  07872 639677

Also, training will be starting on Wednesday 21st January, 7:00pm till 8:00pm at Gosling Sports park on the astro pitch no 5, anybody interested in joining should contact Brooke also on hatfieldtownladiesfc@gmail.com  07872 639677

Good luck to Hatfield Town Ladies. I have coached/been on the committee of Hoddesdon Owls Girls and Ladies FC in the past and know how hard it can be to set up a team. 12 years on and we have seen about 1,000 girls playing football, some brilliant...some terrible, but isn't that the same as any boys or mens club.

Ah, the token PC gesture from Fifa. That shouldn't have been allowed in for the assist alone, just a hoofed cross that fell miserably short. Yes, she took it well, but that playing level is maybe equivalent to Sunday league at best, and the goalkeeper probably equivalent to a bad Year 7 school 'B' team's. Does this mean any old game with a camera there can get on the list? Cos if Non League Match would've caught Sun Postal's goal at the wknd, they would've been in with a shout for Next Year's awards.

Rebo being slandered for his opinions again. To old school up in the countryside that is Berkhamsted thats the problem.

If Hatfield Ladies can produce anything like the mens midfield general Ben "BC" Collins (Minus the receding hairline) then i'll be expecting big things from them! Good luck to all involved .

Ah, the token PC gesture from Fifa. That shouldn't have been allowed in for the assist alone, just a hoofed cross that fell miserably short. Yes, she took it well, but that playing level is maybe equivalent to Sunday league at best, and the goalkeeper probably equivalent to a bad Year 7 school 'B' team's. Does this mean any old game with a camera there can get on the list? Cos if Non League Match would've caught Sun Postal's goal at the wknd, they would've been in with a shout for Next Year's awards.

I was listening to the SportsBar on Talksport the other night and Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein were arguing about whether this goal should've made the shortlist for Goal of the Year.  Cundy also said about the standard of the goalkeeper.  Would any keeper have stopped that!?  I'm not a massive fan of women's football either, but for me that was technically the best goal.  Whether it should be included is another debate...

Baldock Town, you've just gone up in my estimation, love a bit of the old SportsBar on Talksport.

I think if you placed a world class keeper in goal, like the other goals were against, they would've saved it. It looks good from this camera angle, but a few others would probably show it wasn't right in the top corner of the goal. The other 2 goals looked good from every camera angle, this one doesn't even have any other camera angles, perhaps another reason it shouldn't have been included.

I agree with you to some extent, but I still think even a top keeper would do well to react that quick.  Just throwing this out there (and apologies this has nothing to do with Ladies Football at Hatfield Town!), but had that goal been scored by an SSML player, do you think it should be included?  What is the lowest standard that you think should make the shortlist?  

Well, surely it's anything goes now. If you include a goal from that bad a standard of football, everyone should be allowed to be in with a shout. But in all honesty, I doubt it. I think it was given special allowance as it was a women who scored it and everyone love a bit of PC.

Can't believe the conversation on this thread by people who supposedly champion the game at a lower level. Poor.

They're just opinions Jonno. I'm allowed to think Women's football isn't very exciting and I've given it many chances to prove me wrong. There hasn't been one point in this thread where I've claimed to be against it.

They're just opinions Jonno. I'm allowed to think Women's football isn't very exciting and I've given it many chances to prove me wrong. There hasn't been one point in this thread where I've claimed to be against it.

The standard is very good at the higher end of the Women's game.

Go and watch a match in the summer on WSL or WSL2 and see what you think.

If find the whole thing a little confusing, it's not 'Men's' football, if there was any women who were/are good enough there is nothing to exclude them at any level in professional or non professional game (as I understand it), there have been some cases I'm sure, definitely one not that many years ago in Italy. There is however 'women's' football, which excludes any man, and then we all are supposed to agree that it is great? I'm sure there are some very capable and technically gifted female players in the game, I have watched some but it's not for me, maybe it's the fact there isn't the history there, but more than that it just wasn't the same and that's fine. I know a couple of guys who's daighters are doing very well and that's great, I also hear lots of people saying it should be judged the same I don't agree 100 women's england caps is not the same achievement as 100 caps in the 'mens' national team, quality o fopponent, quality and quantity of players vying for the same place, rigours of the season and training etc... A lot of people who have the argument can't honestly say they have watched any or anywhere near enough and probably me included. Just thought I'd give my honest opinion not the safe and 'pc' one. It's great that Hatfield have enough interest to run a side and helps even more to be 'community' club which in turn should help the club financially and make them eligible for grants. We run several girls teams but no plans for a women's team as yet, perhaps as the girls teams progress some of them will want to carry on playing as adults.

Was speaking to Hatfield gaffa Ash 'The cash' Purser on site first thing this morning and sounds like his not happy with Reb, WB and Baldocks opinions, and said its just a natural progression for the club to show why its the biggest in that area. After smashing he's 18oz Estwing hammer a few times and counting the wedge he had in he's pocket he soon settled down though.

Was speaking to Hatfield gaffa Ash 'The cash' Purser on site first thing this morning and sounds like his not happy with Reb, WB and Baldocks opinions, and said its just a natural progression for the club to show why its the biggest in that area. After smashing he's 18oz Estwing hammer a few times and counting the wedge he had in he's pocket he soon settled down though.

That's a shame for him that he's unhappy with other peoples opinions.i said good for them and it makes sense for them as a big club in community

Archived