Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumour Thread

Smudge

The figure of £400,000 appears extremely low. If Carshalton Athletic want to fund it privately, they may just get away with a sub standard installation for that price. If however, they are looking for grants from various local sources they will be required to build the 3g pitch to a higher specification.

We have been looking into this sort of thing quite a bit recently and have been advised by a very reliable source that the actual figure for the pitch alone would be around the £600,000 mark plus a yearly maintenance of around £25k. I'm also aware that Sutton United are going down this route too and for what it's worth, I think they are backing the wrong horse, but that's just my opinion. Carshalton appear to be about to take the same path chasing after the "massive" revenue that Maidstone regularly advise is possible. By the time they've used it for their first team, Reserves, Youth, Ladies and yes, maybe even a ground share, they will have little time to rent it, certainly in the evenings, when it is most desirable anyway.

The terms "bandwagon" and "jumping on" spring to mind.

The figure of £400,000 appears extremely low. If Carshalton Athletic want to fund it privately, they may just get away with a sub standard installation for that price. If however, they are looking for grants from various local sources they will be required to build the 3g pitch to a higher specification.

We have been looking into this sort of thing quite a bit recently and have been advised by a very reliable source that the actual figure for the pitch alone would be around the £600,000 mark plus a yearly maintenance of around £25k. I'm also aware that Sutton United are going down this route too and for what it's worth, I think they are backing the wrong horse, but that's just my opinion. Carshalton appear to be about to take the same path chasing after the "massive" revenue that Maidstone regularly advise is possible. By the time they've used it for their first team, Reserves, Youth, Ladies and yes, maybe even a ground share, they will have little time to rent it, certainly in the evenings, when it is most desirable anyway.

The terms "bandwagon" and "jumping on" spring to mind.

See Leatherhead Youth now having a pitch installed (Old Mole Valley Grond) River Lane

I think they should invest in some permanent covered standing area on their main pitch at River Lane.

I got soaked there in our Southern Youth League game. Not sure how they got in the league at that venue even though the pitch is superb.

Apparently, only the Ryman Youth side can play at Fetcham Grove.

Edited by Chris Clapham

Hi all.  Been reading this thread with interest especially the bits regarding Abbey Rangers. There is a bit to be done (not as much as some people think) but we have people there who are committed to the cause and will do whatever needs to be done to move towards the holy grail that is The Combined Counties League. As Chris Clapham pointed out we have a very welcoming clubhouse, a facility that many a CCL club would be envious of. Time will tell where we end up next season but it wont be through a lack of effort on our part but we hope to be able to take our place at Step 6 next season. I believe we have a team more than capable of competing at that level. UTA!! 

Edited by The Abbey Raider

Hi all.  Been reading this thread with interest especially the bits regarding Abbey Rangers. There is a bit to be done (not as much as some people think) but we have people there who are committed to the cause and will do whatever needs to be done to move towards the holy grail that is The Combined Counties League. As Chris Clapham pointed out we have a very welcoming clubhouse, a facility that many a CCL club would be envious of. Time will tell where we end up next season but it wont be through a lack of effort on our part but we hope to be able to take our place at Step 6 next season. I believe we have a team more than capable of competing at that level. UTA!! 

I haven't seen Abbey Rangers this season but I have seen several Elite clubs and many of those would be fine in CCL Div 1.

I hope it all works out for you.