Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stony Stratford FC looking to increase management team.

MK should have a very good step 5 side and really potential for a club much higher in non league pyramid. Buckingham Town will disappear and a new MK/Bletchley side will emerge at that ground and could do well, however where would fan base come from? It would take money. Wolverton were once a superb MK club and could be again given time, investment and interest.

Re threatened clubs, I'm sure you're right, can't think of any others in div 1 off top of my head who would be in immediate danger, maybe one or two in Orem who could be in danger of being put back in div 1 if grading was strictly adhered to.

Sure if the FA stuck to the letter of the law quite a few might struggle on some "technicalities" of the regs.

Can't think of every ground, but sure Harpenden might also struggle on the "secure walkway" rule...

True

From the minutes of the AGM held last June.

6.8. The FA had decided that any club at Step 6 (Division One) that had not achieved a G Grade by 31 March 2015 would be relegated at the end of next season.

The impression I have is there will be no choice. Also if you consider there are currently a number of Divison 2 clubs with the facilities, you may just see a swap of clubs.

Which div 2 sides have the facilities? I know NBSP have lights but having played there pre season, would have thought even they might have work to do... Who else is there? It's a genuine question - I don't know all the grounds in that league.

New Bradwell and Brimsdown are definitely div1 ready. No doubt there will be one or two teams looking to move sideways in or out of herts or Essex league in with the facilities. I think Aston are where they always have been.

I would imagine ealing Town have facilities, did 61fc go down on grading?

It's all very well FA making these rules but they also seem way out of touch with what it takes to just keep a club alive at this level. Clubs also need to weigh up the huge cost of upgrading facilities against what it'll bring in, is it worth it to play one step higher if you only have committee and a bloke and his dog watching? The money inevitably comes from someone's pocket and its a lot to ask.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Whilst I know few of those you're referring to, why do you prefix so many with the word "...great..."?

Under Craig Connell's brilliant leadership Stony Stratford Town had one of the most successfull periods in the Club's 117 year history