Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Away shirt sponsor

My fc have the current away shirt sponsorship, however if you look at their website they want a full share of the club if they put any more money in.

Not sure if they have the cash due to their dwindling membership, and I don't think many true supporters would appreciate them telling Jon and Neil how to run the team!

If they do get a share will the likes of the Barmy Army and other groups who have put large amounts of cash in over the last few years also get a share of the club?

My fc have the current away shirt sponsorship, however if you look at their website they want a full share of the club if they put any more money in.

Not sure if they have the cash due to their dwindling membership, and I don't think many true supporters would appreciate them telling Jon and Neil how to run the team!

If they do get a share will the likes of the Barmy Army and other groups who have put large amounts of cash in over the last few years also get a share of the club?

To create shares I thought you had to become a PLC? besides I'm not sure what a 'full share' of the club would be and would that entitle MyFc to a say in running the team?

This is the kind of post I hate on these forums, full of inaccuracies and scaremongering .

1. Myfc are DISCUSSING ways of funding the club next season and are in no way stating that they have to have a share in the club.

2. In what possible way could myfc tell Neil and Jon how to run their team? Even Steve doesn't do that and he owns the club.( I concede the point that as he owns the club and therefore controls the finances he does have a say, but not in the way you are describing.)

3. If the club becomes a community owned club then the Barmy Army and anyone else can apply for part ownership up to the limits contained in the agreement.

I think over the last 2 years, myfc have proved time and time again that they have the clubs best interests at heart.

There are a lot of supporters , players and management who are members so please don't make out its an us and them scenario.

so the following statement in a myfc email last month from "Paul" was just a figment of my imagination.

"Our offer to the club should not focus on sponsoring the shirt this time. £10k over two years for away shirt sponsorship is very high for a club of this level and I don't think they would achieve this sum commercially. Instead we will offer a sum over two years or whatever for a small stake in the club. The % stake and amount paid we can negotiate.

Just a small stake, we should make it plain that ownership is not our aim. "

"Can I make it clear that the above represents my own opinion only and should not at present at least, be regarded as Myfootballclub policy. Offers, counter offers and all other matters need to be subject to debate and member vote. I'm simply trying to get the ball rolling."

probably gong to get shouted at for this but oh well.

I'm only trying to make sure that whatever does happen it is for the best of the club. I have complete trust in Steve Easterbrook and the board and trust that they only have the best interests of the club at heart and will make sure the club is safe when they decide to move on and hand over their responsibilities.

Glover, hopefully my fc have no wish to repeat the fiasco that happened at Ebsfleet which nearly bought them to their knees, so will not be interested in repeating the failed model at Slough.

I personally welcome what my fc have done,but that should be the limit and who knows when my fc will up sticks for their next venture in club ownership - as there are lots of clubs out there who are prime for a buy out and would love to empty the remaining cash from the my fc account.

Glover, hopefully my fc have no wish to repeat the fiasco that happened at Ebsfleet which nearly bought them to their knees, so will not be interested in repeating the failed model at Slough.

I personally welcome what my fc have done,but that should be the limit and who knows when my fc will up sticks for their next venture in club ownership - as there are lots of clubs out there who are prime for a buy out and would love to empty the remaining cash from the my fc account.

I am glad you welcome what myfc have done, however I would be very interested in knowing what facts made you arrive at your first sentence which is completely untrue and in fact myfc kept the Fleet alive for 5 years.

I was there and know the facts and the internal workings, and what you are saying is completely untrue and based on rumour by people who didn't know what went on in the board room there.

The rest of your posting is basically 'thanks for your money now go away'

Not sure if you are trying to wind people up on purpose but I find it personally insulting, when you clearly don't know the facts and are basing future predictions on it.

Its a free forum, but please if you are going to make a statement do yourself a favour and base it on facts.

so the following statement in a myfc email last month from "Paul" was just a figment of my imagination.

"Our offer to the club should not focus on sponsoring the shirt this time. £10k over two years for away shirt sponsorship is very high for a club of this level and I don't think they would achieve this sum commercially. Instead we will offer a sum over two years or whatever for a small stake in the club. The % stake and amount paid we can negotiate.

"Can I make it clear that the above represents my own opinion only and should not at present at least, be regarded as Myfootballclub policy. Offers, counter offers and all other matters need to be subject to debate and member vote. I'm simply trying to get the ball rolling."

I'm only trying to make sure that whatever does happen it is for the best of the club. I have complete trust in Steve Easterbrook and the board and trust that they only have the best interests of the club at heart and will make sure the club is safe when they decide to move on and hand over their responsibilities.

Sorry can't see anything in this that says they want a full share and want to run the team. Not only that but it's one persons view of things, as on here.

You are completely right. Paul made that email and as he says in it, its a personal view, he does not speak for the society and every member would have a vote on any proposal that would be put to Steve.

What I do object to is people thinking because one person made a 'personal opinion' that it is automatically the societies view.

myfc is a democratic society based on one member one vote. No more no less and that is it's constitution.

myfc has just voted by over 95% in favour of continuing their relationship with the club. Having got that out of the way, they will now decide how they can do this with the best interests of the club and society in mind.

You are completely right. Paul made that email and as he says in it, its a personal view, he does not speak for the society and every member would have a vote on any proposal that would be put to Steve.

What I do object to is people thinking because one person made a 'personal opinion' that it is automatically the societies view.

myfc is a democratic society based on one member one vote. No more no less and that is it's constitution.

myfc has just voted by over 95% in favour of continuing their relationship with the club. Having got that out of the way, they will now decide how they can do this with the best interests of the club and society in mind.

Very possibly a genuine error but if it's a personal opinion should that read 'we should offer a sum over two years for stake in the club' and not 'we will offer a sum over two years for a stake in the club'  

Very possibly a genuine error but if it's a personal opinion should that read 'we should offer a sum over two years for stake in the club' and not 'we will offer a sum over two years for a stake in the club'

Nope not an error of any kind. As Paul says 'Can I make it clear that the above represents my own opinion only and should not at present at least, be regarded as Myfootballclub policy'.

A personal opinion cannot be an error, it is purely what it says.

I think this is getting a bit nit picking over what is a personal opinion and expressed and admitted as such.

As I have said on various forums over the years the written word is a very dangerous tool.

The author will write it with only one meaning in their head.

Every single reader will then put their own meaning to those words when reading them.

Each reader may have a different view on their own meaning each time they read it.

I think myfc have been a great boost for the club and hopefully their members have enjoyed being a part of the roller coaster ride over the last two years.

If this is one member opinion he is entitled to it, as much as if one person says they feel we should drop a player or change formation.

I think the reaction from the people here is purely due to the fear that manifested itself 2 years ago when many (myself included) thought myfc were trying to buy and manage a club.

Myfc have given the club a large chunk of cash and rebels radio has been a great addition. Haven't seen many members at games unfortunately, but I guess many are a distance away. Should we continue a relationship with myfc, yes of course. Should an outside website group have any say in the running of the club. Absolutely not. I don't think that is what myfc want in any way. I hope not anyway.