Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hungerford

Nice day for footie. Should be another big test for us.Let's hope we take our 'A' game there and get on the front foot early.

Also will need to contain Alan O'Brien this time.No easy task.

Hungerford do have quality throughout their side but we know we can give any side a run for their money,when the Slough players are up for it.

COYR ! 

I struggle to remember a worse game! After showing some balls to come back from 0-3 down on Saturday, there was next to nothing today. Yes the pitch was awful and you couldn't play football on it, and yes Hungerford didn't really have many clear chances, but again we've gifted them all three points with some pretty awful defending. The one positive, of course, is that the gaffers are getting a clearer picture of which positions need to be reinforced over the summer.

If the players believed they were playing for their future's at the club, they didn't show it today!

All I can say is that the way we're playing at the moment, we should be thankful that the season started in August and not Christmas, as our form since then has been:

PL17  W3  D4  L10  GF19 GA37 GD -18 PTS 13.

This is relegation form whatever league we're in. Not just relegation form, but some relegation performances as well.

If the players believed they were playing for their future's at the club, they didn't show it today!

All I can say is that the way we're playing at the moment, we should be thankful that the season started in August and not Christmas, as our form since then has been:

PL17 W3 D4 L10 GF19 GA37 GD -18 PTS 13.

This is relegation form whatever league we're in. Not just relegation form, but some relegation performances as well.

Personally don't think we should get too carried away & be too concerned but we must do a lot better as if we start next season like this we could be in danger of a long hard season battling the drop zone. 2015 has certainly been a year to forget so far

Even first half on a really poor sub-standard pitch.

Second half playing up the slope we found it difficult to get beyond Hungerford's big rear guard and most, if not all balls played in the air came straight back via a Hungerford players head.

We created a couple of chances in the second half but got undone by a simple ball punted down the middle which went over our central defenders head allowing a simple tap in.

The second goal came about when hesitation and confusion by two of our defenders against one Hungerford forward allowed him to score after a good save from Luke Williams.

Overall a tight game against a promotion seeking team but two poor bits of defending gave Hungerford the points. 

I think that's a bit harsh Nathan.

I personally couldn't fault the players effort and commitment against a team that are fighting for promotion and on the day the only thing separating the two teams was a couple of defensive mistakes.

I struggle to remember a worse game! After showing some balls to come back from 0-3 down on Saturday, there was next to nothing today. Yes the pitch was awful and you couldn't play football on it, and yes Hungerford didn't really have many clear chances, but again we've gifted them all three points with some pretty awful defending. The one positive, of course, is that the gaffers are getting a clearer picture of which positions need to be reinforced over the summer.

I think the fans are getting a clearer picture,too ! 

As Nathan has said we are displaying relegation form.The good thing is,though,is that we've achieved enough to stay up.

Next season is a whole new ball game.Pardon the pun.

Bakes and Unders are going to have their work cut out,now,bringing in new players for their second season in the Premier Division that are tailor made to fit into their ethos/structure,as they can no longer rely on their old guard of players built up from Godalming.

It's still going to be an important season for Adam Foulser,Guy Hollis,Warren Harris,Jamie McClurg and to a lesser extent,Scott Harris and Ben Edwards,to prove they still have the passion and the fitness to fit to the way our managers want to play.

The new players are going to be crucial and there's no doubt that if we don't get it right,in who we enlist, we could be in for an even harder battle next season. However I don't want to believe that will be the case and know we still have enough quality players here at Slough,now,to build around, regardless of how our results are going at the moment.

I think the fans are getting a clearer picture,too ! 

As Nathan has said we are displaying relegation form.The good thing is,though,is that we've achieved enough to stay up.

Next season is a whole new ball game.Pardon the pun.

Bakes and Unders are going to have their work cut out,now,bringing in new players for their second season in the Premier Division that are tailor made to fit into their ethos/structure,as they can no longer rely on their old guard of players built up from Godalming.

It's still going to be an important season for Adam Foulser,Guy Hollis,Warren Harris,Jamie McClurg and to a lesser extent,Scott Harris and Ben Edwards,to prove they still have the passion and the fitness to fit to the way our managers want to play.

The new players are going to be crucial and there's no doubt that if we don't get it right,in who we enlist, we could be in for an even harder battle next season. However I don't want to believe that will be the case and know we still have enough quality players here at Slough,now,to build around, regardless of how our results are going at the moment.

3spirit, I think you mean 'all the old guard from Godalming'. We only have 8 players left from the old Godalming team and one of those is Ben Ed who wasn't really meant to play a major role on the pitch this season and without knowing I'd guess we'll be keeping most, if not all, of those players next season.

Adam Foulser and Warren Harris obviously have to prove their fitness after their serious injuries. I really can't see any reason why there would be any fitness problems with Guy, Clurgy, Hatchett and Ben Ed.

I'm also sure Bakes and Unders have absolutely no doubt that all these players 'have the passion' required to compete in the premier division.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Pretty pointless stats really.

You could do stats on Weymouth and say their form for a while has been relegation form. 

The fact is the season doesn't go from December to March.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3spirit, I think you mean 'all the old guard from Godalming'. We only have 8 players left from the old Godalming team and one of those is Ben Ed who wasn't really meant to play a major role on the pitch this season and without knowing I'd guess we'll be keeping most, if not all, of those players next season.

Adam Foulser and Warren Harris obviously have to prove their fitness after their serious injuries. I really can't see any reason why there would be any fitness problems with Guy, Clurgy, Hatchett and Ben Ed.

I'm also sure Bakes and Unders have absolutely no doubt that all these players 'have the passion' required to compete in the premier division.

Reading Rebel,you're getting to be a fence sitter these days  ;)

What I was trying to allude to,without stating the bleeding obvious! was that the supply of former Godalming players has run it's course and that our managers will need to be astute in their transfer dealings over the summer.

This season it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a number of the mainstay players have struggled either through injury or haven't been up to the rigours [or the travelling] or have the heart for the Premier Division.

It's no different to what nearly every manager does,up and down the land,when getting a new job,they all bring a lot of their former players with them.Players they believe in and of course,trust.

As we know Steve Bateman did the same when he came from Hemel Hempstead.

My point is that next season,while we still have a good core of players[a mixture of ex Godalming/Slough and this season's new ones] who will give their all but we will need next season, new players who aren't coming to be wallflowers or posers or for the money but ones who will stand up and be counted,with some much needed character,to enhance our current bunch,who are not playing with much confidence at the moment.

A top drawer centre back is a must and I still believe,another good striker needs to be on his way to the club,regardless of how well Ed and Scott have done. I would still like to see 4 strikers in the squad to start the season. 

I could say at least three more areas where we need to add to/replace but will be tactful and decline to comment !

Reading Rebel,you're getting to be a fence sitter these days  ;)

What I was trying to allude to,without stating the bleeding obvious! was that the supply of former Godalming players has run it's course and that our managers will need to be astute in their transfer dealings over the summer.

This season it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a number of the mainstay players have struggled either through injury or haven't been up to the rigours [or the travelling] or have the heart for the Premier Division.

It's no different to what nearly every manager does,up and down the land,when getting a new job,they all bring a lot of their former players with them.Players they believe in and of course,trust.

As we know Steve Bateman did the same when he came from Hemel Hempstead.

My point is that next season,while we still have a good core of players[a mixture of ex Godalming/Slough and this season's new ones] who will give their all but we will need next season, new players who aren't coming to be wallflowers or posers or for the money but ones who will stand up and be counted,with some much needed character,to enhance our current bunch,who are not playing with much confidence at the moment.

A top drawer centre back is a must and I still believe,another good striker needs to be on his way to the club,regardless of how well Ed and Scott have done. I would still like to see 4 strikers in the squad to start the season. 

I could say at least three more areas where we need to add to/replace but will be tactful and decline to comment !

It's ok to talk about new players BUT you have got to take in account the budget and affordability, and keeping 4 strikers happy.

You can't keep 4 quality strikers happy unless they're on stupid money which they won't be here. I think 3 is fine and in emergency you can always bring in a loan striker or use someone like Warren Harris as a striker.

Tend to agree, it'll be hard enough keeping 3 good strikers happy let alone 4.

Another dismal performance, while people may say end of season stuff, it's been a bit end of season since xmas.

All this talk of new players before the season ends is probably not helpful to those still here.

Anyway as our managers come from a lower level originally will they know any better class players?