Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ET v Hampton & Richmond

waggamick1

Seem to have lost my reply to Lovely Stuff, so to précis what I said.

To confuse players assessments by Games won and Lost is not how you assess a players achievement. Not unless he is the only team member playing.

The way that you assess a player is made basically the same world wide and to the

same formula. This charts a players contribution over all the games in which he

appears,even if he is a sub on/off and allocates points to certain categories.

ie Goals Scored , tackles made, assists and others. Number of points achieved is

divided by games played and heh presto an average mark is achieved. This system is

used even by Barcelona, starting with their nine years olds. How do I know, well you

will have to trust me!!!

The system is also used by the Clubs statistician and is shown quite clearly on the

club website under the various headings in the 1st Team folder. This shows the following.....SM Ave pts 0.4, the others you mentioned GL .7, JS 1.5, TC 1.0, DW 2.3,

SB 3.0. ( o.4 being well below the others except D Cruz!!!)

Well that's enough for one week end. Lets hope all this pontificating proves us all wrong and we go into a stream of wins using the same squad. But it's been good

airing my nr.80 year old grey matter and look forward to reading all your comments

in the future and thanks for taking me on board.

A big problem is how other sides think of us now and as before their heads might have dropped and they would have just gone into damage limitation mode now they will think they can still get something from the game.

Changing subject slightly.Just seen an interesting piece on Sky Tv about how Leicester have been so successful this season.And apart from counter attacking at top pace from their own half when winning back possession.It seems their secret has been for wingers to put crosses in for the opposite winger to come in late on,and either head or volley in from about 6-10 yards out..The winger crossing doesn't even have to get to the by-line ,just cross it  into the box from about level with the penalty box,and whilst your two forwards are occupying the central defenders,just go over their heads slightly for the other winger steaming into the box to tuck it away with a running header or low volley..Corey/Hayden-Smith/Campbell could fill those wide roles.with Bobby and Harry being the two up top maybe?

Just a thought.! :)