Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chesham United (Home) 26th December.

Irishadrian

Lets all hope for an exciting,entertaining game played in the spirit of the season. I will be more than surprised if we dont pick up the 3 points from this one Only Hitchin have won more home games than Slough and Chesham have the poorest away record in the league just 4 points all season Chesham are often spoken of as a " bogey" team but I think in recent years they have won when they've been the better side on the day but they havent won in our last 3 encounters We have every reason to be confident tomorrow and Chesham have little reason to feel that way imo.

Edited by Irishadrian

Lets all hope for an exciting,entertaining game played in the spirit of the season. I will be more than surprised if we dont pick up the 3 points from this one Only Hitchin have won more home games than Slough and Chesham have the poorest away record in the league just 4 points all season Chesham are often spoken of as a " bogey" team but I think in recent years they have won when they've been the better side on the day but they havent won in our last 3 encounters We have every reason to be confident tomorrow and Chesham have little reason to feel that way imo.

To be fair I think form goes out the window with any local derby, and I think that they have proved they can get results away from home, with a 1-0 win at Bristol Rovers, and a 0-0 at Torquay.

We expect nothing other than a really difficult game, and if we are to get the 3 points we will be delighted.

Our last LEAGUE victory against Cheaham was on the 1 / 4 / 2000. So it is about time we beat them in the league.

Considering what happened and was said to do with Mark Scotts injury I doubt many of the players who were that day will need much motivating!!!

Lets not make them sound better than they were  No league wins for almost 16 years sounds terrible but from season 2000/2001 to season 2009/2010 we played in different leagues and of course Chesham were promoted at the end of the 2009/2010 season and we didnt meet in the league again to 2014.

I'm in the camp that to get anything from today's game we will have to be at our best.

After their excellent cup exploits and a very good 2-0 win against Stratford in their last league game, Chesham will be playing with a lot of confidence.

As SRJ says, our record against Chesham is not very good and being a local derby I don't think home or away form will have any bearing on the outcome.

First thing is first the referee was awful today but I think we all know that. Don't think he particularly effected the result and our performance though. I come away from today's game feeling rather deflated with the way we played and unusual lack of effort. I thought as it was a boxing day fixture and local derby players would be fired up for it. On the players front, James Jepson was pretty absymal but is this because he is not match fit? How did he play at Poole? Also a bit disappointed that Scott Harris started ahead of George Hallahan who scored two goals the previous game. Mom for me would have to be Nathan Fox as he was a threat going forward in the first half and was solid throughout the game. Anyway let's hope for better against Hungerford next week. COYR

First thing is first the referee was awful today but I think we all know that. Don't think he particularly effected the result and our performance though. I come away from today's game feeling rather deflated with the way we played and unusual lack of effort. I thought as it was a boxing day fixture and local derby players would be fired up for it. On the players front, James Jepson was pretty absymal but is this because he is not match fit? How did he play at Poole? Also a bit disappointed that Scott Harris started ahead of George Hallahan who scored two goals the previous game. Mom for me would have to be Nathan Fox as he was a threat going forward in the first half and was solid throughout the game. Anyway let's hope for better against Hungerford next week. COYR

Didn't James Jepson get MOTM?

We started very brightly and were the better team for about 15 minutes.

After that Chesham started to get on top and were the better team for the remainder of the match.

Can't fault the players for their effort and commitment but on the day we were just not at the races.

I was surprised that Hatchett got the call over George Hallahan but can understand the thought process behind it.

Shan't go on about how abysmal the Ref was too much just to say he was weak and out of his depth.

Good job the ref (and linos)were so clueless today or you would have been lucky to finish the game with 8 players on the pitch today. Your 2,5, and 7 were all lucky not too see red for there afters off the ball

Says an unbiased Chesham fan.

Personally thought some of your players, especially Blake, Wilson and your number 3 were diving all over the place with the sole intent on getting players sent off. Still that's coming from an unbiased Slough supporter.

I'd be surprised if the managers are happy with our performance today, JB. I thought we were awful, bar the first 10 minutes when we actually took the game to Chesham.

Disappointed that Slough seemed so nervy and had no adventure or sense of purpose to have a go, at an average Chesham side.

Except for threat attacking wise of Dave Pearce and Ryan Blake and the defensive qualities of Shane Gore and Curtis Ujah, I thought they offered little. 

From my view our best players were Mark Scott, Guy Hollis, Dan Hicks and Nathan Fox. The rest offered nothing to write home about, even Charlie Mpi had one to forget.

Agree that our midfield in general struggled to make any impact, Jepson in particular looked well off the pace and even, Nathan Webb looked out of sorts and tired in the second half.

Lewis Putman was well marked and Chesham had him sussed. Thought Sean Fraser tried hard but I would have preferred him at right back with Ryan Case in front of him, as Case seemed to want to get forward but seemed less sure of himself, when defending.

Our two subs 'Gary' Gokmen and George Hallahan made a bit of difference, when they came on. I hope they get an opportunity to impress at Hungerford, where we are going to have be a hell of a lot better.     

Good job the ref (and linos)were so clueless today or you would have been lucky to finish the game with 8 players on the pitch today. Your 2,5, and 7 were all lucky not too see red for there afters off the ball

I saw their five threw an elbow which hit Charlie and he kept bodychecking him from behind later.

I wouldn't say chesham were were better than us and I'm sure their antics wouldn't win them any fair play awards.

I'd be surprised if the managers are happy with our performance today, JB. I thought we were awful, bar the first 10 minutes when we actually took the game to Chesham.

Disappointed that Slough seemed so nervy and had no adventure or sense of purpose to have a go, at an average Chesham side.

Except for threat attacking wise of Dave Pearce and Ryan Blake and the defensive qualities of Shane Gore and Curtis Ujah, I thought they offered little. 

From my view our best players were Mark Scott, Guy Hollis, Dan Hicks and Nathan Fox. The rest offered nothing to write home about, even Charlie Mpi had one to forget.

Agree that our midfield in general struggled to make any impact, Jepson in particular looked well off the pace and even, Nathan Webb looked out of sorts and tired in the second half.

Lewis Putman was well marked and Chesham had him sussed. Thought Sean Fraser tried hard but I would have preferred him at right back with Ryan Case in front of him, as Case seemed to want to get forward but seemed less sure of himself, when defending.

Our two subs 'Gary' Gokmen and George Hallahan made a bit of difference, when they came on. I hope they get an opportunity to impress at Hungerford, where we are going to have be a hell of a lot better.     

I thought the Chesham defence, in particular Ujah had Mpi and Hatchett in their pockets. Also Chesham did a good job on Putts by doubling up on him every time he got the ball.

Personally I liked the the look of Ryan Case at right back and wouldn't change it. Also thought Sean Fraser offered very little on the right side of midfield where IMO we were crying out for Warren Harris to run at their defenders to create something for our forwards.

Yes, the ref was inept and made the game stop and start, but both teams don't deserve a lot of credit for their play acting and whinging.

There was one or two, near the mark challenges but the game was hardly blood and thunder, more handbags at dawn and the usual bullshit from some.

I was more annoyed that we wouldn't get on with the game!  

Just heard in the clubhouse that the sponsors players MOTM was Jepson.

TBF it was a hard job to pick a MOTM today as no one in particular stood out.

Personally I would have given it to either Nathan Fox, Ryan Case or Mark Scott.  

Nathan Fox for me. Excellent first half. Chesham counteracted him a bit second half but had we had created more, he may have got some more space to exploit.