Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dulwich Hamlet v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Final Score: Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 Enfield Town

Champion Hill is not a happy hunting ground for Town, and despite once again running Dulwich close tonight, we still came away empty-handed.

Be very interested to hear from Towner's who made the journey over to south London this evening. Well done guys, what are your thoughts on the match. Was it a fair result? How did our lads perform? How did we play compared with last Saturday? What changes, if any, are needed?

No disgrace to lose to Dulwich last night and to still be in the game with 5 minutes to go was good. They looked very impressive going forward and in Gavin Tomlin (signed from Crawley Town) and Daniel Carr (from Cambridge United) they have signed two very very good players indeed. How Nyren Clunis has not yet been picked up by a football league side is beyond me? I think he is is in Corey Whitley's class. A winger with pace and skill with an eye for goal. He always seems to play well against us. Town had to play very deep to stop them at times which I think most teams will have to do against them this year.

Town showed some real fighting spirit and had the ball fallen differently from Billy Crook's free kick when their keeper saved we would of nicked the draw. Nathan McDonald kept us in the game with a number of high quality saves. Nikki Ahamed played in central midfield and looks a very decent player. He had a good game.

I would say the league title is between them, Havant and Tonbridge this season. Not many teams will get anything at Champion Hill. The pitch has obviously had alot of money spent on it - it was like a bowling green last night.

Overall had it been 3-1 or even 4-1 I don't think we could complain.

No disgrace to lose to Dulwich last night and to still be in the game with 5 minutes to go was good. They looked very impressive going forward and in Gavin Tomlin (signed from Crawley Town) and Daniel Carr (from Cambridge United) they have signed two very very good players indeed. How Nyren Clunis has not yet been picked up by a football league side is beyond me? I think he is is in Corey Whitley's class. A winger with pace and skill with an eye for goal. He always seems to play well against us. Town had to play very deep to stop them at times which I think most teams will have to do against them this year.

Town showed some real fighting spirit and had the ball fallen differently from Billy Crook's free kick when their keeper saved we would of nicked the draw. Nathan McDonald kept us in the game with a number of high quality saves. Nikki Ahamed played in central midfield and looks a very decent player. He had a good game.

I would say the league title is between them, Havant and Tonbridge this season. Not many teams will get anything at Champion Hill. The pitch has obviously had alot of money spent on it - it was like a bowling green last night.

Overall had it been 3-1 or even 4-1 I don't think we could complain.

Clunis is very one-footed, which I think may be the reason he's never been picked up by a league club.  Scouts will probably look at him and think they can find another winger in non-league with a better left foot.  Enfield's left back kept him pretty quiet on Tuesday night without ever resorting to foul play - yet Clunis managed to pop up in the crowded box to score a rare headed goal.

I thought Enfield were the best footballing side Dulwich faced last season along with Bognor, but in both games your finishing let you down as great approach play was wasted.  Losing Vilcu, Whitely and Devyne is a blow, but that was still a pretty good Enfield performance.  You've finished each of the last two seasons strongly, clearly have a good young manager who is adept at improving his team as the season progresses, and I would expect Enfield to be there or thereabouts again.

I'd add Staines to the list of possible championship contenders - I think they could be this season's Hampton.  Johnson Hippolyte has won this league with Yeading and publicly stated he's confident of challenging and has a "top six budget".  Havant were relegated from Conference South with a big budget after reaching the previous year's play-offs, they still have the same manager who took them down, and teams dropping from Conference South have rarely made an impression in recent years.  I think they'll do well just to make the play-offs.

I agree that it is rather early for panic, but from what I understand from recent
comments we sound some what far from having replaced the players we have lost.

However, discounting the position with Mark Kirby, there are one or two other players, who
were the main stays of the team in the run in last year, who seem to be now placed on the
fringes. In particular there is Samir who, if not seen as a left back, I am sure
could add something to the mid-field with his power, mobility and speed. He might then consider playing Tyler up front in a Corey role. 

However, Brad obviously still prefer Sam Magou, but then I best not go there.

As I haven't been far from the house these past few months my opinions are purely based on what I have read on "Focus" so I hope that the next weeks will bring points and we can then get back to looking forward to a long FA Cup run.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals