Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate v Enfield Town

seemgee

A game of fits and starts. A fussy ref who allowed shirt pulling to go unpunished. I am afraid that Britnell was the worst offender in this respect.Margate scored from an unlucky penalty. A clash on the left side of the box just in the area. A clumsy tackle rather than deliberate foul but pen nonetheless.

We equalised about ten minutes later a well worked move ended by Blackman passing to Britnell ground shot from edge of the box. 

Second half I thought we were the better side. Corner after corner but then they scored from a breakaway. Perhaps we should have shut up shop and been content with the draw. We will play worse and win. Good hospitality by Margate and my dog, Jake, seemed to enjoy it.

Very frustrating afternoon. 1st half Margate the better side with the wind but an excellent breakaway goal for us. 2nd half saw us on top but not taking the chances and a poor goal to give away cost us.

Other observations would be that our wide men are not currently being effective and 1 up front doesn’t work! 

Just returned from Holiday and pleased to see that we are still amongst the current leaders, be it very early days. 

However from what I read, over the past few weeks it sounds as if we may have gone off the boil a little, especially the comments regarding the number of draws that have not turn into wins. Observers tend to lean towards a lack of concentration resulting in silly goals being conceded as well as not taking the chances on offer. 

However, I wonder whether the wish to prolong an unbeaten run has had some part in this. It will be interesting to now see how the management and team react over the next few weeks. Three wins out of five matches is far better than going unbeaten with one win and four draws. Any thing over three wins would be a bonus.

I was sorry to see that Brad has been shown the door by Braintree. Perhaps his success came to early and was contributed to his downfall. Off those players he took with him many had gone before the end of last season and were given very little time to show their worth. That showed a lack of judgement on his part. Because they didn't all  become bad players over night. But I am sure he will had learnt from this and he will be again successful with another club. 

There is, however, one player I would welcome back without hesitation and that would be Billy Crook. But, I suppose that my wishful thinking.      

Other observations would be that our wide men are not currently being effective and 1 up front doesn’t work! 

Both points to me are spot on... as I put in previous post having Greene in the left back position doubling up is ridiculous... 'I see he gave the pen away' so when we do break he is out of the game.... also the one up front when it was just Hope was laughable but now it's slightly better as BB is more of a class goalscorer but again the midfield look up and there's no one ahead of them ... we have good players but we are in desperate need of another goalscorer to support BB as Liam is well below Ryman league standard as a goal scorer and Adams is probably one for the future 

Despite our GF being decent this year, I'm yet to really see our midfield link up well with our Forwards, although admittedly BB hasn't been playing long and may take some time to adjust.

However, we have good wingers, on both sides, and can beat a man....so don't see any reason why we shouldn't give most teams trouble.

We just need to make sure we gain enough possession to do this and most importantly our play in the final 3rd must be better.   At times teams are willing to just sit and break up play and in these situations I hope our management have figured out ways for us to break opponents down to create better chances.  Roll on tonight!!

Archived