Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jersey Bulls

Chris Clapham

To be fair i agree with what you say about facilities V managers and players, but to just have a ground only and jump straight into CCL1?

To be honest our aim as a club is to eventually end up in the CCL, But we were told we have to work our way up the levels (No levels can be skipped). As a Club we are doing exactly what we have been advised, but to see complete new set-up jump straight into the Pyramid is a real kicker for us and any other clubs striving to do the same.

Fair enough. I can understand your frustration. I'm not involved in the administration of the league, so can't comment on your situation, but I thought CCFL Div 1 could be a 'starting level'. Given that's where AFC Wimbledon restarted, and as Guernsey did.

AFC Wimbledon jumped in at Premier and Guernsey jump on-board in Div 1.

Both had money and lots of it!

We don't have loads of money because we treat our u6's the same as men's team and reinvest loads back in for the benefit of the whole club. 

I suppose i have just answered my own question there.....but wouldn't change the way we work for anyone.

Just a shame no one shows this sort of interest and support in a structured club which was formed in 2007. 

Thanks for showing an interest though Moleseyman, if you ever get the time on a Saturday please pop over for a watch. (Burgers on me and a pint after if you fancy it?)    

There are (at least) four clubs in our potential catchment area playing at step 7 this season who would be eligible to promote at the end of this this season.

They appear to be well run clubs though all 4 are ground sharing.

I would hope none of these clubs are denied promotion because of the Jersey Bulls situation!

I couldn't agree more Chris! exactly the point i was trying to make.

The clubs you talk of have earned the right !

The trouble is now, the vast majority of clubs in Div 1 and Prem for that matter will support Jersey Bulls fully as they get a trip to Jersey rather than a trip to those local Clubs you mentioned.

In the intermediate they are struggling for numbers, this maybe a better place to start a new club/team?

I know the intermediate would welcome a new club with open arms.

I quite agree Chris !

I reckon at the end of the day, it'll be money, and the amount of it, that does the talking !!

• 2 weeks later...

Committee approve application 
The application from the newly formed Jersey Bulls FC to join the CCL next season was unanimously approved by the CCL Management Committee at their meeting on 17 December subject to some minor ground improvements being completed by 31 March 2019 and approval by the Football Association. 
It is now for the FA Leagues Committee to agree that the club should be allowed to enter the National League System at Step 6, due to the special circumstances and, of course, to direct the club into the CCL. Jersey Bulls would be flying into Gatwick and there would be a similar arrangement to that originally evolved with Guernsey FC whereby the visiting club would be flown out and back at Jersey’s expense with a night in a hotel as required. Some matches may be played on a Sunday subject to agreement. 
A League spokesman said “it is an exciting development for the League and its clubs as well as for Jersey Bulls. When Guernsey came in it was very much a step in the dark. It went well though and we now have that experience which should serve us in good stead if it all comes to fruition which certainly looks likely, especially as the Bulls have the support, not only of the Jersey Government but also the local Jersey League and the Jersey Football Association.” 
The League has also received an application from Westside FC who are currently riding high in the Surrey Elite League. They ground share at AFC Croydon Athletic so it may be that they will be directed to the Southern Counties East League. That, of course, would be a decision for the Leagues Committee of the Football Association to make. 
Enquiries have also been received from two other clubs but they are not firm applications as yet. 

On 01/01/2019 at 17:41, mug2football said:

Jersey is 170 miles away from Croydon. (the way the crow flies)

Powerful gate crasher!

I'm sure there must be a funny reply to that somewhere !!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the League is for local clubs and I personally thought going to Guernsey was a pain in the ass. However i accept not everyone felt this way.

The issue is that this is an exceptional circumstance that cannot be accepted on the night of an AGM like a local club, it needs a lot of planning. I question whether the FA should accept these Club into the English League structure. If they do then someone has to then make a decision of what League they go into. If they choose the CCL then so beit. I don't feel the CCL should be volunteering to take them unless the Clubs are asked and wish them to do so.

There is absolutely no truth in the rumour that the Channel Island of Herm, just of Guernsey is considerint to apply !!

?

Archived