Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berkhamsted Raiders

Arsenal Fan kindly posted this update on another thread about the state of play on Broadwater and it makes very interesting reading. I wonder what BerkoRaiders thinks about it and it's scathing comments about the Berkhamsted Sports Ground Charitable Association Limited (BSGCA) who were approached for comment by the publishers of the article, Property Investors Today (PIT), along with the unscrupulous Sussex based developers Thakeham, however they unsurprisingly received no reply: 

Update – the latest in Berkhamsted FC’s fight to ... (propertyinvestortoday.co.uk)

“The Board of the BSGCA are out of touch with the local community. The sports ground was paid for by benefactors and subscription by the people of Berkhamsted in 1924 for sport to be played on a permanent basis.”

• 6 months later...

Do we know the reason why Berkhamsted Raiders were unceremoniously banished to the outside training pitch at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium by Kings Langley to play their home fixtures, it's also rather unfair and disappointing for their visitors isn't it who miss out on the opportunity to have their day in the sun, I assume they are informed before they arrive at the ground.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Do we know the reason why Berkhamsted Raiders were unceremoniously banished to the outside training pitch at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium by Kings Langley to play their home fixtures, it's also rather unfair and disappointing for their visitors isn't it who miss out on the opportunity to have their day in the sun, I assume they are informed before they arrive at the ground.

We do.

Spoke to a Kings Langley club official (seemed to remember me from SSML days) recently when watching a Watford FC Women.

Let me know all the gossip. ?

ArsenaI Fan - Good to hear from you again, I wish you wouId post more often as you seem to have the inside tracK on the devious and under hand behaviour of BerKhamsted Raiders as weII as the Berkhamsted Sports Ground Charitable Association Limited (BSGCA).

Edited by Rhodes

On 29/01/2022 at 21:53, Rhodes said:

ArsenaI Fan - Good to hear from you again, I wish you wouId post more often as you seem to have the inside tracK on the devious and under hand behaviour of BerKhamsted Raiders as weII as the Berkhamsted Sports Ground Charitable Association Limited (BSGCA).

Have you ever spoken to anyone at Raiders? You clearly seem to have an axe to grind or just get your insight from others with a similar axe. ?

It's a great club that does great things for the local community. I've never witnessed any devious or underhand behaviour within the club.  The Senior team has an excellent relationship with Kings Langley. It's a team that's built on the player development pathway at Raiders and it shows.  Young players, predominantly from the Raiders youth set up, paying subs to play rather than being paid to play, and truly representative of the town in which they live.  I'm told that the Raiders v Berko Comrades league match was a demonstration of the two clubs different philosophies. One team played out from the back and through the thirds. The other adopted a different approach.  The keeper kicked it long every time he had the ball, and a punt down the channels was the most frequent form of attack.  Am I surprised that the Comrades team has folded? Not really. It's a great pity that the guys at Berko Town can't see how football has and is changing.  

• 1 year later...

It has all gone very 'quiet on the Western Front' on this thread hasn't it, as stated recently on the Berkhamsted Comrades thread it is interesting that ever since former influential and well connected Chairman of Berkhamsted Raiders, Keith Pollard, stepped away from the Club it has 'concidentally' also gone very quiet with regards to Berkhamsted FC's controversial move from Broadwater to the backwater Bourne End site. You have to wonder whether Mr Pollard was behind 'the venture' the entire time, from day one, and the likes of Chair of the Berkhamsted Sports Ground Charitable Association Limited (BSGCA), Paul Forster, and Chair of the Dacorum Sports Network, Howard Wells, weren't really that bothered if the move went ahead or not as they would not gain from it personally, unlike Mr Pollard.

• 9 months later...

So how has Berkhamsted Raiders groundshare at Broadwater been going since their surprise move there at the beginning of the last 2022/23 season after everything that had gone on previously and after being unceremoniously shown the door of the Orbital Fasteners Stadium by Kings Langley who had, behind the scenes, been looking to 'get rid' of their tenants for some considerable time despite publicly welcoming the partnership to enhance the Club's reputation in the local Community. Who, in a million years, would have thought the groundshare at Broadwater possible following all the anomosity caused between the two Berkhamsted Club's by former Berkhamsted Raiders Chairman Keith Pollard however it was very noticeable that as soon as Mr Pollard, not before time, stood down and left the Club at the start of the 2021/22 campaign, handing the reins to new and very pleasant Chairman Chris Armond things changed dramatically.

https://www.berkhamstedraiders.com/groundshare-raiders-berkhamstedfc/

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/berkhamstedfootballclub/news/berkhamsted-fc-and-berkhamsted-raiders-announce-groundshare-2703691.html

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite interesting, well known groundhopper 'Hopping Across The Pond' was in attendance at the 2018/19 SSML Division Two fixture between Berkhamsted Raiders and The 61 FC (Luton) on Saturday 8 December 2018, played at Ashlyns School and prior to Berkhamsted Raiders ill-fated groundshare agreement with Kings Langley the following season:

https://hoppingacrossthepond.com/berkhamsted-raiders-c-f-c-v-the-61-f-c-luton/