Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 24 August - SSML Results/Reports

50 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Have you ever been let in for free then when you haven't been Officiating at a game, lets just say for example at Cockfosters, Cheshunt, Haringey Borough and Leyton over the years

It's common practice for Clubs to allow referees in without charge.

As a spectator at Haringey Borough these days the Club have a free season ticket.

Have you thought of applying as I note below your avatar you support Haringey Borough? 

That's a very clever answer and you avoid the question like the bubonic plague, actually I am going to Wingate and Finchley this afternoon to watch Haringey Borough, I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Have you ever been let in for free then when you haven't been Officiating at a game, lets just say for example at Cockfosters, Cheshunt, Haringey Borough and Leyton over the years

Not avoiding your question.

The answer is yes.

7 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

That's a very clever answer and you avoid the question like the bubonic plague, actually I am going to Wingate and Finchley this afternoon to watch Haringey Borough, I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

I'm sure Aki will be pleased to see you. ?

Maybe Aki won't be at the game today, it's a bank holiday and he is very family minded but, anyway, at least I will be allowed into the Maurice Rebak Stadium. I was interested to read your good friend Tom Loizou's amusing article in the Non League paper yesterday, he is rather over the top isn't he but I like his style and enthusiasm, it's not the beleaguered Club of old from when they were in the SSML

1 hour ago, petethegreek said:

As a spectator at Haringey Borough these days the Club have a free season ticket.

Free?

4 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Yes.

Wow what a great gesture by the club.

Savagebee - Yes, you have to hand it to Haringey Borough, they dish out free season tickets to all home fans for League matches only, away fans pay of course:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.net/absolutely-free-season-ticket-offer-still-available/

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I was interested to read your good friend Tom Loizou's amusing article in the Non League paper yesterday

Pete the Greek - Here is the article if you haven't seen it, your good friend was like Tony Pulis on the touchline this afternoon in a very disappointing 1-0 defeat

img6.jpg

On 24/08/2019 at 21:31, Karen Browne said:

DIVISION ONE

0-4 Shefford Town & Campton v Bedford Attendance: 103

An anorak from another Forum was at this one on Saturday 24 August, it sounds like the referee was very pernickety:

Spartan South Midlands League Division One Shefford Town and Campton 0 Bedford 4 Admission £2.50 (concession) with a fairly basic programme free. Attendance 103 
The ground is on the outskirts of Shefford and is properly titled Shefford Sports Club when googling to find the address. Clearly a lot of work has been done here in what looks like a new facility. An excellent air-conditioned clubhouse, financed by the Football Foundation is in place behind the goal at the entrance end which is reached via a few hundred yards long drive from the gate. There are three floodlight pylons either side of the pitch with the dugouts on the far side and Atcost style covered standing on the opposite side but no seating in place at present. Hard standing surrounds the pitch on all four sides with a sizeable grass bank on the far side making for an ideal vantage point. This bank also runs behind the far goal. Shefford were forced to change to their second kit as Bedford had obviously turned up with their black and white striped shirts which must have been deemed as too similar to Shefford's blue and white striped shirts by the referee who was certainly at the centre of attention, sending off one man from each side as well as dishing out four yellow cards in a game where there was no needle or fractious behaviour to speak of. Shefford couldn't put a foot right and despite having a 100% record before the game were outclassed by the visitors. Best of a somewhat average group of GBG visits was the Albion in nearby Ampthill which I would heartily recommend.