Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Corinthian-Casuals

seemgee

Faal with his second makes it 3-1 62 mins

15 minutes ago, dwhe said:

Cheers for the updates seemgee, it's much appreciated by us out of Towners.

no problem its a pleasure especially when we are winning. From my mobile today bit of a delay, hope not too many spelling mistakes

10 hours ago, Richard Katemon said:

Very entertaining game in which Casuals played their part. We have an abundance of attacking options- probably more so than at any time since we have been in the Isthmian Premier. 3 strikers all capable of turning a game and Charles Brown looked promising when he came on for the last ten minutes. 

Very promising. 

Exactly my thoughts.

Just returned from our Hols. Whilst away it was interesting to read the mixed observations of contributors. 

With these in mind I went to yesterdays match to form my own opinion. 

It is  very apparent that our strength lies with our forwards. However, as some have stated there is still no obvious link between the midfield and those up front. Fortunately the front runners disguise this with their efforts. However, when the defence occasionally played a sensible passing game which needed a final planned through ball, the usual suspects belted it 23-30 yards a head of them. Like many others with a midfield play maker and an organised defence I believe we could be real title contenders.  

During the match I had an enlightened conversation with a semi-retired coach who I am acquainted with and  who now advises and scouts for another leading non-league club. It was interesting to hear that he believed AL's tactics have not changed since his was at Cheshunt. So he felt there was little to report on. So for those who like me long for Billy Crook, or a similar player, to return  may have a long wait.

For those who some time ago ridiculed me for mentioning having seen the Barcelona U10's and their major squad practising the "Barcelona Square" will be pleased to know I feel exonerated as he said that quite a few clubs in the UK now use this drill. Especially Man City. 

Finally, MB although we have often had differences I found your quip about the Gabriels "not being able to make away games" extremely witty. 

Archived