Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leatherhead - unlucky to lose or deserved loss?

Walski

Hornchurch were very much in control for the first twenty minutes or so but without really capitalising on the possession.
Then, similar to Bowers game we kind of dropped to their level and allowed them back in and they had quite a few good chances that were wasted.
The first goal should have been cleared but their player managed to get a shot through a crowded penalty area.
The second was taken very well after Hornchurch lost the ball deep in Leatherhead territory and they broke quickly down the left and squared the ball for a touch in.

Second half saw a goal pulled back early on, a delicately weighted ball that cleared the centre half and Charlie Stimson headed down under the keeper.
Minutes later Dominic Green made his debut replacing Ronnie Winn and he looked very useful.
The pressure was relentless and their keeper made three very decisive saves from Joe Christou, Ricky Hayles and brain fade won't let me remember the third but it was a cracking shot.

I think we did enough to have got a point but not today.

For me, we kept getting caught with the offside trap first half and rectified that second half. If we had played that way first half we would have won easily. Their keeper was excellent second half and they did cause problems on their left/our right with a bit of pace. Draw would have been the right result but it was not to be. Move on to a big game Tuesday against big spending Enfield :) 

22 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Drinking on a Monday morning, Cuppa?

Wonder how many more of the ETFC squad you'll be signing after Tuesday's game? ?

Thought that might get a bite :) - Seriously though, you guys are playing well at the moment. After our beer festival on Sunday, all I’m drinking now is Tea! 

On 21/10/2019 at 13:20, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Drinking on a Monday morning, Cuppa?

Wonder how many more of the ETFC squad you'll be signing after Tuesday's game? ?

Keeper gets man of the match.
No 2 puts through his own net/

Think we'll pass thanks, no one there who could strengthen the squad.

1 hour ago, MikeMike said:

Keeper gets man of the match.
No 2 puts through his own net/

Think we'll pass thanks, no one there who could strengthen the squad.

I'd say Nathan Macdonald is a better keeper than Joe Wright - and I've seen alot of both of them over the last few years.

Jon Muleba's (No 2) finish really put your strikers to shame. Perhaps you should sign him and play him up top?

Archived