Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team of the Month – October

Team of the Month
The October Team of the Month awards have been announced as follows:

Premier Division - Harpenden Town FC
Division One - Winslow United FC
Division Two - Old Bradwell United FC

Respect Team of the month
The October winner of the Respect Award was Hillingdon Borough FC.  In addition it was agreed to make a special award to Old Bradwell United FC for playing three consecutive months without accruing any Respect points.  

Congratulations to all winners

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

So the pin landed on Harpenden Town then, the Rothamstead Park Club failed to win their first game of the month at home to Arlesey Town, equalising late on and, although they won their next three league games, they tamely exited the Challenge Trophy and just scraped through by the skin of their teeth on spot kicks in the Premier Division Cup First Round, both at Rothamstead Park

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:
Team of the Month
The October Team of the Month awards have been announced as follows:

Division One - Winslow United FC

Respect Team of the month
The October winner of the Respect Award was Hillingdon Borough FC.  In addition it was agreed to make a special award to Old Bradwell United FC for playing three consecutive months without accruing any Respect points.  

Congratulations to all winners

Yeah Winslow United have been in fine form of late.

Pleased for Hillingdon Borough FC.

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So the pin landed on Harpenden Town then, the Rothamstead Park Club failed to win their first game of the month at home to Arlesey Town, equalising late on and, although they won their next three league games, they tamely exited the Challenge Trophy and just scraped through by the skin of their teeth on spot kicks in the Premier Division Cup First Round, both at Rothamstead Park

I can’t be arsed to go through the records of all prem teams, but I do know that a teams disciplinary/respect performance is also taken in to account.

We got caught out on that last season for the April award. Just one of those things and unless you have all the information considered, it’s pointless to just review  results.

Whilst it’s nice to win it, in grand scheme of things most clubs aren’t that bothered. 

2 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

but I do know that a teams disciplinary/respect performance is also taken in to account.

Yes, Karen loves playing that card, she would have North Greenford United winning team of the month if they had an exemplary disciplinary and respect performance 

40 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, Karen loves playing that card, she would have North Greenford United winning team of the month if they had an exemplary disciplinary and respect performance 

Pointless responding as you’ll just ignore it for your blinkered view. Disappointed I even bothered the first time to be honest. ??‍♂️

13 hours ago, Munchkin said:

Pointless responding as you’ll just ignore it for your blinkered view. Disappointed I even bothered the first time to be honest. ??‍♂️

Munchkin - Sorry if you thought I was being difficult, I accept your point entirely. LeightonLad has an argument however the Bell Close club lost their first two league games in October when they were still on that awful run but since then they haven't looked back apart from the expected Bedfordshire FA Senior Cup defeat against Bedford Town 

as far as I’m concerned we are all winners!

seriously though, running a club at this level is a tough gig. Maximum respect for everyone involved in the running of a non league club. 

On 13/11/2019 at 13:05, Karen Browne said:
Team of the Month

Old Bradwell United are understandably delighted with another deserved award, they are having a great campaign:

2nd team of the month this season

After going through October undefeated, we have been awarded the Spartan South Midlands League Division Two Team of the Month.

During the month, we faced a very tough run of games against some difficult opposition, so to come through with 5 wins probably exceeded expectations.

The pick of the wins was probably the 2-1 win in the Challenge Trophy against Premier Division Colney Heath, reversing the result from last season.

In the other 4 games we kept 4 cleans sheets as we won 3 league games and progressed in the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy.

It is just recognition for the management and players for their efforts that month.

We also found out today we have been awarded a special prize for accruing no points during the first 3 months of the season in the leagues Respect campaign. The improved disciplinary record has particularly pleased our Chairman from the financial aspect.

https://www.oldbradwellunited.com/news/first-team-awarded-division-two-team-of-the-month-for-october-2486423.html

Archived