Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town offer FREE Season Tickets!

GRS67 - Thanks for that, do you think that the decent attendance on Tuesday evening against league leaders Colney Heath, despite the weather, was down to the free season ticket offer, how many of the ninety or so paid to get in on the night out of interest and how many paying supporters did Colney Heath bring. I would have thought it was more to do with the opponents being Colney Heath rather than say, for example, a Baldock Town or a London Colney.

Colney Heath from what I saw had around half a dozen in attendance, there were a few Hendon fans in attendance which is normal when they don't have a game. I'm not going to disclose how many paid or not, suffice to say if ALL the names on the list turn up and collect their ST the attendance will be well in excess of 100

We're looking at reaching the 100/150 regularly next a season mode likely in the Combined Counties League! 

Edited by GRS67

On 17/01/2020 at 13:11, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Thanks for that, do you think that the decent attendance on Tuesday evening against league leaders Colney Heath, despite the weather, was down to the free season ticket offer, how many of the ninety or so paid to get in on the night out of interest and how many paying supporters did Colney Heath bring. I would have thought it was more to do with the opponents being Colney Heath rather than say, for example, a Baldock Town or a London Colney.

Decent attendance probably down to watch a certain referee.

18 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Decent attendance probably down to watch a certain referee.

What do you think of Haringey Borough's groundbreaking initiative of free season tickets out of interest, it has been going a few seasons now and seems to have been a great success

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

What do you think of Haringey Borough's groundbreaking initiative of free season tickets out of interest, it has been going a few seasons now and seems to have been a great success

Very good idea.

There is always a great atmosphere now with the amount of people attending.

I'm surprised more Clubs haven't followed. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 23:02, GRS67 said:

The offer is in the London Football Guide blog ?http://www.tlfg.uk/2019/12/tlfg-16-22-december-2019.html?m=1

GRS67 - How is the free season ticket offer at Silver Jubilee Park progressing, you certainly seem to be doing a good job in spreading the gospel, albeit just in the NW9 catchment area. Also how do you feel your season has gone so far, ninth place is disappointing isn't it and the Club have never recovered from that terrible run they had earlier in the campaign when you lost nine league games out of ten and also tamely exited the FA Cup, FA Vase, Premier Division Cup and Middlesex Senior Challenge Cup at the First Round stage.

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...

I am curious to know where the current predicament we are all sadly in right now leaves the free season ticket offer at Silver Jubilee Park, it's so disappointing that this has happened just when the initiative was starting to take off and was about to be rolled out to include the whole of the 2020/21 season, albeit still only in the London NW9 catchment area. Spare a thought though for former SSML Club Haringey Borough who's pioneering free season ticket scheme is right across the board, also with their hugely lucrative weekend market at Coles Park cancelled and not being able to hire out the Clubhouse for functions or the 3G pitch, particularly for end of season Cup Finals, the Club must be losing a fortune.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 12:14, Rhodes said:

Spare a thought though for former SSML Club Haringey Borough who's pioneering free season ticket scheme is right across the board, also with their hugely lucrative weekend market at Coles Park cancelled and not being able to hire out the Clubhouse for functions or the 3G pitch, particularly for end of season Cup Finals, the Club must be losing a fortune.

I'm quite surprised that a certain Official hasn't come on to acknowledge the money Haringey Borough are losing hand over fist since the Coronavirus took hold a month ago, it must be an absolute fortune from their hugely lucrative weekend market  which I gather is now established on Friday's and Saturday's as well as Sunday. Also not being able to hire out the Clubhouse for functions or the 3G pitch, particularly for end of season Cup Finals which the said Official would have no doubt participated in where the KOPA League Cup Finals were concerned. Lastly the revenue from home fixtures in the BetVictor Ryyman League Premier Division which was certainly not to be sniffed at from away supporters with Club's often bringing very large followings to Coles Park: 

https://www.haringeyboroughfc.net/201920-season-terminated/

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I'm quite surprised that a certain Official hasn't come on to acknowledge the money Haringey Borough are losing hand over fist since the Coronavirus took hold a month ago, it must be an absolute fortune from their hugely lucrative weekend market  which I gather is now established on Friday's and Saturday's as well as Sunday. Also not being able to hire out the Clubhouse for functions or the 3G pitch, particularly for end of season Cup Finals which the said Official would have no doubt participated in where the KOPA League Cup Finals were concerned. Lastly the revenue from home fixtures in the BetVictor Ryyman League Premier Division which was certainly not to be sniffed at from away supporters with Club's often bringing very large followings to Coles Park: 

https://www.haringeyboroughfc.net/201920-season-terminated/

Let me know who this Official is and I'll try and get some answers for you.

Seriously though, do you think the Club (Haringey Borough) could well fold if the cancellation of football continues indefinitely. I know the Chairman states in his heartfelt and well intentioned statement that  'we can still look forward to the future once this deadly virus has been overcome', 'in due course when life returns to normal I want to re-assure our fans that despite the financial implications of the recent cancellations there will be a Club for you to return to' and 'there will come a time when a new season begins and I look forward to welcoming you all once again', however he hasn't got bottomless pockets has he and, for example, your friend Tom Loizou needs paying, my guess is that he is on at least a 20k a year salary at the Club.

8 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Seriously though, do you think the Club (Haringey Borough) could well fold if the cancellation of football continues indefinitely. I know the Chairman states in his heartfelt and well intentioned statement that  'we can still look forward to the future once this deadly virus has been overcome', 'in due course when life returns to normal I want to re-assure our fans that despite the financial implications of the recent cancellations there will be a Club for you to return to' and 'there will come a time when a new season begins and I look forward to welcoming you all once again', however he hasn't got bottomless pockets has he and, for example, your friend Tom Loizou needs paying, my guess is that he is on at least a 20k a year salary at the Club.

I think a lot of Clubs will fold and Leagues could following due to the financial impact this virus is having.

I don't know how Haringey Borough's finances are but I think they will survive though their budget will be dented for next season.

I think you know far more than you are letting on, the Club used to be your second home didn't it and I'm sure you are still in close contact, you are also the first port of call for the KOPA League Cup Finals held at Coles Park aren't you, unlike the SSML it seems these days and our four Cup Finals. Also is your good friend Tom Loizou as genuinely nice and unassumingly eccentric as he always comes across, I think a lot of it is put on for the media and to sell the Club which he does very well particularly after his team walked off the pitch against Yeovil in the FA Cup, he is like a used car salesman who can quite easily sell sand to the Arabs and snow to the Eskimos. What about you personally, what are you doing with yourself these days, if anything, particularly on a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening.

Edited by Rhodes

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I think you know far more than you are letting on, the Club used to be your second home didn't it and I'm sure you are still in close contact, you are also the first port of call for the KOPA League Cup Finals held at Coles Park aren't you, unlike the SSML it seems these days and our four Cup Finals. Also is your good friend Tom Loizou as genuinely nice and unassumingly eccentric as he always comes across, I think a lot of it is put on for the media and to sell the Club which he does very well particularly after his team walked off the pitch against Yeovil in the FA Cup, he is like a used car salesman who can quite easily sell sand to the Arabs and snow to the Eskimos. What about you personally, what are you doing with yourself these days, if anything, particularly on a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening.

I have no idea what is going on at the moment at Coles Park.

I have nothing to do with KOPA or their Cup Finals.

I use up my daily allowance to go training since there are no games at the moment.

What are you up to? 

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 12:09, petethegreek said:

I use up my daily allowance to go training since there are no games at the moment.

There is a thread on another Forum entitled 'What Are You Doing Without Football', why don't you post on there, I am assuming you have a garden now since you moved, do you have green fingers out of interest:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/what-are-you-doing-without-football.1121/

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Biggleswade FC are offering free season tickets to all National Health workers for next season, I wonder how many other Club's will follow suit, Edgware Town might want to think about opening up their free season ticket offer beyond just the London NW9 catchment area which I feel is somewhat restrictive:

Billede

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I see that Biggleswade FC are offering free season tickets to all National Health workers for next season, I wonder how many other Club's will follow suit, Edgware Town might want to think about opening up their free season ticket offer beyond just the London NW9 catchment area which I feel is somewhat restrictive:

Billede

A fantastic gesture :clap:

• 3 months later...
On 12/04/2020 at 12:14, Rhodes said:

I am curious to know where the current predicament we are all sadly in right now leaves the free season ticket offer at Silver Jubilee Park, it's so disappointing that this has happened just when the initiative was starting to take off and was about to be rolled out to include the whole of the 2020/21 season, albeit still only in the London NW9 catchment area

Now GRS67 is back posting again perhaps he can update us on the free season ticket offer at Silver Jubilee Park and the planned way forward, the initiative was really starting to take off and was ready to be rolled out to include the whole of the 2020/21 season. Will the offer still include half price admission to all Hendon's home league games and are there any plans to extend the catchment area at all, possibly to NW2 where Hendon used to play at Claremont Road or HA8 where Edgware Town used to play at the White Lion Ground back in the day.