Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 15 February - Results & Reports

2 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

An anorak from another Forum was at the game yesterday but there is no mention of any crowd disturbances:

St Panteilemon 1-1 New Salamis
SSML Div 1
Att (est) 100-120 prog - Free

Not fancying the drive to Stoneham or no cover at Sungate elected for this one. 3G pitch with lights and one side for spectator viewing - 2 small stands just enough to shelter the crowd from the elements. Car park was full on arrival at 14:10 (there was a ladies' match ongoing) but street parking in Byron Road fine. Clubhouse closed for a party but tea/coffee etc. available from a serving window.
St P led on 6 mins with a 40-yrad wind assisted free kick catching the away keeper unawares. Both teams did the best in the conditions (wet and very windy but not as terrible as I'd been led to expect) but there were few chances - eventually Salamis, playing with the wind in the 2nd half, equalised on 90+5 with a header following a corner. The homesters were complaining about the time added (eventually 10 mins added time in 2nd half) but I thought at least 5 mins was fair. Not sure this ground would be allowed at step 5 (St P. look almost sure to go up) being one-sided and needing a bit more cover (I think the two stands together would hold about 140-150). I heard an official say they weren't sure where they would play next season. Elected for M25 outward and North Circ homeward - no problems either way and indoors at 18:00 (not in my car till 17:09 following the late finish).

Do you think the Clubs should be afraid the next time they meet, Rhodes? ?

3 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Any more details?

I thought that you would have got yourself over there after the North Greenford United v Colney Heath game was called off

The ground is one-sided but the two seated stands kept the mix of hoppers and Greeks out of the wild weather. We saw an even contest with an early freak goal equalised at the death which left some decidedly unhappy and which culminated in a mass punch-up at the stadium entrance as we left

12 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

which culminated in a mass punch-up at the stadium entrance as we left

Is there likely to be any disciplinary proceedings taken by the SSML hierarchy, presumably against the home Club for not keeping supporters under control at the stadium

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

An anorak from another Forum was at the game yesterday but there is no mention of any crowd disturbances:

The Anorak must have been to busy reading his programme and missed The Royal Rumble ?

2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Any more details?

They made two arrests outside the ground after the final whistle.

None of the players from both teams were involved in any of the fighting.

Edited by Savagebee

47 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

They made two arrests outside the ground after the final whistle.

None of the players from both teams were involved in any of the fighting.

The next fixture between the two should be interesting. 

On Saturday 7 March you mean at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, did I get the impression from your post earlier that you would be Officiating, I hope you you have a tin helmet to wear whilst running the line

Here we go folks, another anorak from another Forum was at the game and witnessed the crowd 'disturbances' afterwards :

Saturday 15 February 2020 - Spartan South Midlands Division 1 - Attendance: 85
St Panteleimon (blue & white stripes & white) 1-1 New Salamis (red & white stripes & red)
Scorers: St Panteleimon (Katsikas 4) New Salamis (Loizou 90+4, of 9)
Ent & Prog: £3.00 - Miles: 9
New Ground: Middlesex FA, Rectory Park, Ruislip Road, Northolt, UB5 5FA, perfunctorily basic
Pitch: a very good 3G - Travel: driving
Weather: forecast was dire, the menace of Storm Dennis was coming, heavy rain and gusty winds, just about abating, worse tomorrow allegedly
A change of plan, but keeping to my local theme for at least a couple of more Saturdays. I’m also siting unusual circumstances, as this was the second time I have watched St Pantelimon at home on a Saturday this season. However, this was a different ground, a new ground and of course, a 3G pitch. St Panteleimon have acquired the use of the Middlesex FA ground, as their ground share at North Greenford United is always a trifle soggy or a soggy trifle (whichever way round you prefer). Recently they lost one of their outstanding players due to a road traffic accident. News filtered through halfway through a recent game, when the aforementioned player failed to arrive. That game was immediately abandoned.
Here to greet me by appointment were: Jim P, Craig D, Mark H, Geoff C, Gyles B-F, Brian B, Brian L B, Bryan B and Motty‘s Mic, plus the ‘here there and everywhere’ man Victor K, back from his money laundering expedition to Scotland. This was a top of the table clash, 1st v 2nd.
St Panteleimon were quickly one up with a 50 yards free-kick that floated over everyone. The ball cleared the keeper by some distance and bounced in. New Salamis worked very hard to find a way back into the game, but no real or clear cut chances. Half-time 1-0. The second-half was much in the same vein, with New Salamis fully in contention. St Panteleimon allowed nine minutes of extra time to accumulate, all from their excessive time-wasting. The referee was not fooled by their gamesmanship, play-acting and unsportsmanlike behaviour and was fully justified adding on all nine extra minutes. Four minutes into added time, St Pants were deservedly caught. A header went in off the crossbar, the ball bouncing down just over the line. Amazingly, New Salamis should have bagged the winner. They had enough time to come up with a winning goal, but their final shot was directed the wrong side of the posts.
All hell broke out afterwards, which overspilled into the entrance hall and car park outside. It seems St Pants have a crank in their ranks. I witnessed one of the St Panteleimon coaches abusing and threatening the officials. The FA need to identify him and get him out of football. I would expect that this will be their last game here, as I’m certain the Middlesex FA will kick ‘em out. I will have nothing more to do with this club.
Please, please, please, I’d just like a day in warm sunshine and a loan of a deckchair Rob?

21 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yep.

A 40 man brawl outside the ground I'm told.

You sure they weren't all queueing up for a nice Donar and chips ?

Seriously doubt it kicked off unless it's some Greek gang related issue, there's absolutely nothing about it online or on social media. 

A "40 man mass brawl" would you expect make the headlines, after all a few kids following Leighton Town on a jolly was all over the news! 

Edited by GRS67

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

On Saturday 7 March you mean at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, did I get the impression from your post earlier that you would be Officiating, I hope you you have a tin helmet to wear whilst running the line

Will you be in attendance?

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

The incident is now in the hands of the police and the County FA

This one is likely to drag on.

1 hour ago, petethegreek said:

Will you be in attendance?

This one is likely to drag on.

I agree with Pete. As a bystander to this forum, but having been involved in a similar event yonks ago, both the Leage and the F.A. wait until police reports are submitted.  Can, and usually does take some time.

1 hour ago, petethegreek said:

Edited by Big J R

5 hours ago, Big J R said:

but having been involved in a similar event yonks ago

Big J R - I vaguely recall the infamous incident you refer to, in 2013 I think, when all hell broke loose at Dorking's game at Farnham Town which was subsequently abandoned, is that correct

10 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Seriously doubt it kicked off

I'm afraid it did.

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Here we go folks, another anorak from another Forum was at the game and witnessed the crowd 'disturbances' afterwards :
All hell broke out afterwards, which overspilled into the entrance hall and car park outside. It seems St Pants have a crank in their ranks. I witnessed one of the St Panteleimon coaches abusing and threatening the officials. The FA need to identify him and get him out of football. I would expect that this will be their last game here, as I’m certain the Middlesex FA will kick ‘em out. I will have nothing more to do with this club.

Terrible.

Edited by Savagebee

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 21:51, petethegreek said:

The next fixture between the two should be interesting. 

It will be 100%.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Big J R - I vaguely recall the infamous incident you refer to, in 2013 I think, when all hell broke loose at Dorking's game at Farnham Town which was subsequently abandoned, is that correct

Not that game Rhodsey, though I remember the occasion.  I didn't attend that game.

It was a home game.  To save face for a now defunct club, I'd rather not comment on the particulars.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:25, Savagebee said:

I'm told that there was trouble at this game fighting between supporters and people were arrested.

Horrible scenes outside the MCFA ground I'm told.

More info from the Main Event last Saturday ? 

Don't how true it is but I'm told a player was jumped in the carpark by a group of supporters? I don't know what team the player played for? or who's supporters they were?

Statements were taken by people that witnessed it all so the truth will unfold I'm sure.

Will the next game between the clubs be played behind closed doors I wonder?

3 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Will the next game between the clubs be played behind closed doors I wonder?

That's on Saturday 7 March at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, it will be interesting to say the least