Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 15 February - Results & Reports

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

That's on Saturday 7 March at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, it will be interesting to say the least

It will be.

They may need segregation and Police at that game ;)

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

It will be.

They may need segregation and Police at that game ;)

OOh !  The suspense !!!!

More expense, or revenue lost through locked gates.

I can describe the main culprit quite easily - young chap about 6'4'' with one of those trendy stubbles. Seemed to be one of their coaching staff, was on edge all game and couldn't sit down. Completely lost it at the end using vile abuse and threatening toward the dressing room area (couldn't see who) as we left the building. Seconds later it had spilled out front with fists flying but we were 100 yards away from the "action" by then. Completely unacceptable and all provoked by the ref adding on what he felt was unfair additional time during which (inevitably) they conceded.

Appalling.

• 2 months later...

Another match report from an anorak who was at the St Panteleimon v New Salamis fixture on 15 February and who also witnessed the disturbances afterwards, I believe we have yet to hear whether the two Club's have been brought to book by the SSML following the incident:

Saturday 15th February 2020; St Panteleimon v New Salamis; Spartan South Midlands League Division 1; Venue: played at Middlesex FA Rectory Park Facility, Northolt; Result: 1-1; Attendance: 85.  

Today storm Dennis was being a right menace, so with the strong wind and heavy rain coming from all angles, it was difficult to know where to go and even more difficult if visiting a new ground was part of your equation. In the morning on Twitter, games were being declared either on or off with equal frequency. But there were two big players in this. Firstly, the weather forecasters, ever anxious not to get their knickers in a twist since Michael Fish did in 1987 and secondly, would the match officials themselves over react, like one at Edgware did when he postponed a game right on kick-off time because on the 3G pitch one corner flag kept blowing over!  Anyway, we settled on this game and on our arrival, we were hopeful that everything would be okay because there was already a girls’ game taking place on our 3G pitch. After getting some assurances that the game would go ahead, we nipped off to a nearby pub for refreshments. On our return we were met by a load of Groundhoppers hanging around in the foyer. This could mean only one thing. The arrival of some programmes was imminent, even though I thought that they did them on line only here. Ultimately, they produced about 150 of them, which was complete overkill and they turned up just as the match was about to start.  The facilities here were in one respect better than I had expected in that they had two seated stands, each seating about 50 spectators. There are two 3G pitches side by side here and I had thought that each pitch would get one stand each, so that was a bonus, as most of the crowd fitted quite nicely into the stands. The down side was that this is a one-sided ground. This facility was built in the middle of the large Rectory Park, so they could have easily made it four-sided.  As for the match, it was wind and probably rain affected, but conditions were never as bad as forecasted. However, when top of the table St Panteleimon took the league on 4 minutes with a 50-yard direct free kick, it was wind assisted, as the scorer just touched the ball and it flew into the net. For some strange reason they then tried to defend this lead for the remainder of the game, without seriously trying to score again. Perhaps this was not the best of ideas, as their opponents were second in the league and eventually, they paid the price and New Salamis equalised on 90(+5) minutes. Soon after the game finished there was an incident. I suspected it just started out as some kind of teasing, but soon it developed into a full scale punch up and from what I saw, this didn’t involve many players, or for that matter any Groundhoppers! But bearing in mind that these two sides used to compete in the KOPA (Cypriot League) punch ups in games involving these sides aren’t so unusual. Despite this we could hear the police arriving, just after we left the ground, glad to have got a game in. 

Another issue with null and void. No achievements count but any and all indiscretions do count. Null and void should mean null and void of everything if that’s their choice. No suspensions should count and any fines and fees should be returned. They want to have their cake and eat it. They are a f@cking embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Another issue with null and void. No achievements count but any and all indiscretions do count. Null and void should mean null and void of everything if that’s their choice. No suspensions should count and any fines and fees should be returned. They want to have their cake and eat it. They are a f@cking embarrassment. 

Yep agree if the season means nothing then anything thing that happend in that season should mean nothing.

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Yep agree if the season means nothing then anything thing that happend in that season should mean nothing.

Then all gate receipts, bar takings, program sells, match official fees, etc should be returned.

It is only the results that are being voided.

1 minute ago, petethegreek said:

Then all gate receipts, bar takings, program sells, match official fees, etc should be returned.

I knew someone would say that ?

2 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I knew someone would say that ?

Imagine someone has served a suspension, do you think that would be fair on him if active suspensions were cancelled? 

What is someone kicked one of your players and was sent off for Violent Conduct and his 3 match ban was not served?

57 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Absolute nonsense. The clubs didn’t make the decision nor took any part in the decision. 

55 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Imagine someone has served a suspension, do you think that would be fair on him if active suspensions were cancelled? 

What is someone kicked one of your players and was sent off for Violent Conduct and his 3 match ban was not served?

None of it is fair. But if the games don’t count why should the punishments? Whether someone was sent off against my team or not. Hypotheticals are utterly pointless anyway. What if I won the lottery and married a harem of supermodels?

Also, ‘only the results’ - the time, effort and money of all those concerned to travel, to stage a match, to play a match, to clean up after and so on....

fairly flippant comment at best, if it was intended in the spirit it seemed to be. 

2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Let that player of the next time he got a suspension ?

It just doesn't sit right for the me all the hard work and money that clubs have put into the 2019/20 season all for nothing but you must still pay your fines for a season that now never happend. Just my opinion.

Not just the fines but the suspensions carry over apparently, suspensions that would have been served in the remaining games. Those should absolutely be wiped, it’s downright stupidity. 

8 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

The clubs didn’t make the decision nor took any part in the decision. 

Winslow Boy - Yes, Club's up and down the Country had nothing whatsoever to do with the FA's hasty and diabolical decision to null and void the 2019/20 season yet they are being heavily penalised, it's a double whammy as they still have to pay fines for a voided season as well as still lose players for next season whose suspensions were incurred during a voided season. A certain match Official who posts on here asked on another thread 'how you would stand on a suspension already served during a void season' but that's easy, the League just reimburses the players Club with the fee already paid for his yellow or red card offence:

On 03/04/2020 at 16:28, petethegreek said:

My point is that FA/CFA suspensions and fines stand. 
To take this a step further, how would you stand on a suspension already served during a void season?
The correct procedure / sanction was taken at the time. You cannot revisit that.

Edited by Rhodes

Amazingly I agree with Rhodes. Seems pretty simple. Even if you didn’t do that but erased current ones that would be something and I doubt any club or player would argue. I know many people, especially league and match officials struggle with nuance but not everything has to absolute, just because you can’t put everything right doesn’t mean you shouldn’t put some things right. It takes just a drop of thought, common sense and empathy, but why should we expect any of those things eh?

On 15/05/2020 at 20:24, Winslow Boy said:

Not just the fines but the suspensions carry over apparently, suspensions that would have been served in the remaining games. Those should absolutely be wiped, it’s downright stupidity. 

I’d suggest anything that earned a 3 match ban or less be waived but long suspensions still count. That way “normal” offences are let off but a ban for something like an assault on a referee would remain in place. 

Edit - just seen that Enfield Til it died suggested the same on the AGM thread back in April.

Edited by tringarmy

30 minutes ago, tringarmy said:

I’d suggest anything that earned a 3 match ban or less be waived but long suspensions still count. That way “normal” offences are let off but a ban for something like an assault on a referee would remain in place. 

Edit - just seen that Enfield Til it died suggested the same on the AGM thread back in April.

Yeah makes sense. I agreed with him and I’ll agree with you on this thread.