Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hornchurch 2-1 Haringey Borough

MikeMike

Phew. A bit of a struggle getting that result over the line.

Never really looked troubled but as the chances kept going begging it was starting to feel a bit like Cray Wanderers away. 

Two very good goals from Chris Dickson and what a sublime defence splitting pass from George Saunders for the second. 

Good debut from Ellis Brown. Seen him at 2 of Mark's former clubs as a winger but seemed comfortable at right back and very willing to get forward and into the opposition box.

The 4-3-3 formation worked well again today as well although Joe and Jordan were often so high up the pitch that it seemed like 4-1-5

Another decent crowd and a set of away fans as noisy as our own. 

Good win - For me, the only disappointment was not winning by more to be honest. Agree with MikeMike, Ellis Brown has a good debut for us. Really good win and it’s also closed up a bit at the top there as well. Well done to the ref for booking their No 5 early on , glad that sort of decision is being made. Haringey have got some pace up front especially  their no 9 but Nathan Cooper in particular was up to the task today. Well taken goal from them though. Away support best I’ve seen at the Bridge this season , not quite as good as us away though! Weather was just weird , isn’t there a song 4 seasons in one day? Very useful win , well done Hornchurch 

An excellent and well worked for the win.  Ellis had a very good game and looks like he may well be a useful addition to the squad in the final third of the season.  I agree with cup of tea that the away fans were the best we have seen all season and they never stopped singing all game.  It would have been nice if a few more chances had been taken in front of goal, but in tough conditions it's the 3 points that matter.

up the Urchins

21 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Good win - For me, the only disappointment was not winning by more to be honest. Agree with MikeMike, Ellis Brown has a good debut for us. Really good win and it’s also closed up a bit at the top there as well. Well done to the ref for booking their No 5 early on , glad that sort of decision is being made. Haringey have got some pace up front especially  their no 9 but Nathan Cooper in particular was up to the task today. Well taken goal from them though. Away support best I’ve seen at the Bridge this season , not quite as good as us away though! Weather was just weird , isn’t there a song 4 seasons in one day? Very useful win , well done Hornchurch 

Crowded house , 4 seasons in one day 

Archived