Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

De ja vu

urchinman1961

Repeat of the reverse fixture the hosts took the lead with a pen and then we equalised,had enough chances before they scored to give us some daylight but wasn't to be,apart from that a forgettable game

Look at it this way. We just drew 1-1 with a team who don’t pay their players. Even worse their keeper quotes to the fans what one of our strikers earns a week which is almost 50% of what they took on the gate today........ Underachieving. 

6 hours ago, CMcBride said:

If you think they don't get paid your a fool and please tell me how there goalie knows our players wages and there gate recipients 

Only going by what I am told by Alec Stewart whose dad is on the board as well as them advertising that they do not pay their players. You’ll have to ask their keeper about how he knows about wages, he was the one who brought it up. I was merely comparing the quoted wage against their attendance today. 

Let’s be honest we should have had this wrapped up by half time. 2nd half we just didn’t create enough and were very poor.

The most enjoyable bit of the day was the battle between their centre back Rob Jamison ( number 5 ) and Adam Cunnington, what a battle that was , took me back to Joe Jordan and Terry Butcher days.

Can’t comment on the game - sounds as though we should have taken it away from the hosts first half. Starting to look like 1st place is slipping away from us but we still need to fight for every point available as it’s going to take a hell of a performance for someone in this league to beat us at home. Always wary about teams claiming they don’t pay salaries at this level or how much the players earn , seems to be shrouded in mystery!! 

Archived