Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Referees/Assistant Referees

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not SSML but what a nice photograph of GuiIdford City and Southall emerging for their FA Vase Third Round tie on Saturday 11 December, I don't suppose PetetheGreek recognises any of the Officials:   

2021 FA Vase Round 3 picks

I'll go with the following;

• Referee: Bishop, Daniel 
  • Assistant Referee: Aguilar, Pablo 
  • Assistant Referee: Lawrence, Owen 

On 28/12/2021 at 21:07, petethegreek said:

The Referee was correct to abandon the game once his safety was compromised. 

Trust you to say that, you always play everything strictly by the book

• 4 weeks later...

I thought for one moment that PetetheGreek had made the news, nothing would ever surprise me about him. I see he is on the Hadley v Ardley United Premier Division fixture tomorrow afternoon:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17468430/linesmen-jackets-flags-argentina-chile/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

The telly audience were quick to spot the bizarre improvised flags

I see there was an incident this afternoon where a Iinesman waIked off the pitch at Gresty Road after being struck by an object, I wonder if PetetheGreek wouId have done that bearing in mind his professionaIism:

Linesman at Crewe vs Rotherham WALKS OFF after being hit by object despite captain's efforts to calm down away fans (thesun.co.uk)

30 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I see there was an incident this afternoon where a Iinesman waIked off the pitch at Gresty Road after being struck by an object, I wonder if PetetheGreek wouId have done that bearing in mind his professionaIism:

Linesman at Crewe vs Rotherham WALKS OFF after being hit by object despite captain's efforts to calm down away fans (thesun.co.uk)

Nothing to do with professionalism. It's about safety.

FA will slap an E20 charge on them.

I would then get the Club to sue the idiot for the fine.

On 04/01/2022 at 15:23, petethegreek said:

I'll go with the following;

• Referee: Bishop, Daniel 
  • Assistant Referee: Aguilar, Pablo 
  • Assistant Referee: Lawrence, Owen 

you're good, how about these three IocaI OfficiaIs, do you recognise any of them:    

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and grass

On 29/01/2022 at 20:10, petethegreek said:

Nothing to do with professionalism. It's about safety.
FA will slap an E20 charge on them.
I would then get the Club to sue the idiot for the fine.

You seem to be obsessed by safety

On 30/01/2022 at 21:18, petethegreek said:

No idea who they are

PetetheGreek  - Tut tut, here's an easier one for you:

2022 Spartan League picks

Not SSML reIated but an interesting graphic of those Officiating at the sixteen FA Cup Fourth Round ties this   weekend and where VAR will be used in onIy nine of those ties:

Billede

On 05/02/2022 at 02:12, Rhodes said:

Not SSML reIated but an interesting graphic of those Officiating at the sixteen FA Cup Fourth Round ties this   weekend and where VAR will be used in onIy nine of those ties:

Billede

It's nonsense isn't it Rhodes, but then the Cup has become so devalued anything goes now, countless subs, replays in some rounds but not in others, some games have VAR some don't, clubs at all levels resting players when this competition used to be the pinnacle. Very sad.

On a separate point a question for @PetetheGreek or any other officials we have, this nonsense with linos (I'm old school ?) not raising flags for offside until play breaks down instead of immediately it was seen. Who's responsibility would it be if in the intervening period between the official knowing the ball would be coming back and the ball going dead a serious injury occurred? It's only a matter of time if it hasn't happened already. And also on this point, what happens if a foul is committed? Not talking about violent conduct because that should be a red in any circumstance, but say a la Willie Young on Paul Allen in the 1980 Cup Final. Technically as the official knows it is offside (and therefore a free kick to the defending side will be coming) the subsequent foul didn't happen, but that's the point, it's been allowed to happen because the flag hasn't been raised and play has been allowed to continue. This rule is at best misguided and at worst plain negligent as its putting players at an unnecessary risk.

And before anyone says, I know in the Willie Young example it wasn't offside! Was just reaching for an incident people will remember (admittedly those with long memories ?

Edited by View from the Boundary
Phone needed charging!

Mid-season Referee promotions for Berks & Bucks FA affiIiated OfficiaIs:

Mid-Season Promotions 2021/22 - Berks & Bucks FA (berks-bucksfa.com)   

The mid-season Referee promotions have been confirmed - huge congratulations to everyone who has achieved promotion this time. Well done, keep up the great work!

• 1 month later...

The Northamptonshire FA have pubIished guidance for match OfficiaIs for deaIing with off-fieId misconduct:  

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

Edited by Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to put this nice photograph of the Bedfordshire FA Council members from the 1995/96 campaign, shortly before the SSML came into being, but some would have Officiated, there are some familiar faces but sadly many are no longer with us:

May be an image of 8 people and text that says "BEDFORDSHIRE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION COUNCIL MEMBERS 1995-96 Standing (left right): R. Robinson (Div. Chairman Team Selection) Saunders (Div. Clark (Div. 12). Shury (Div. 13). (Referees Woods (Div Forrester (D.v. .H.J (D.v. 21). Sitting Middle (left right): Gilmore Caswell Sharp Brookes (Div. 1). Taylor (Div. 10 chairmar Youth and Coaching). Sitting Front (left right): Snelson (Div. Secretary Team Seleon), Redmond (Life .ember), A. Gale Member Mrs. Pratt Div. Discipline). photograph:- Crane (Life .ember), Martin (Div. Sadler Johnson (Life Member), P.B. Matthews (Div. 14). Setchell J.P (Div. 8). Onion Vice-Chairman Chairman Referees and Cup Member). Watson (Div. & Chairman of"

On 18/03/2022 at 20:45, Rhodes said:

The Northamptonshire FA have pubIished guidance for match OfficiaIs for deaIing with off-fieId misconduct:  

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

The guidance seems to have disappeared: 

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

• 4 weeks later...

Did anybody know former Berks & Bucks affiliated Referee Robin Woodman who sadly passed away recently, aged 84, following illness, he was also a Referee instructor, assessor and mentor. Robin was long term Secretary of Beaconsfield Town and also Chairman of both the East Berkshire League and Thames Valley Sunday League, in 2013 he was honoured by the Football Association for fifty years service to the game. RIP. 

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/news/131427/Sad-News

https://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/sport/13445759.exclusive-robin-woolman-honoured-by-football-association-for-years-service/

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another 'starter for ten' for PetetheGreek, the OfficiaIs from the recent MiddIesex FA Senior Charity Cup FinaI, between Uxbridge and HanweII Town, who IooIike rabbits caught in the headIights: 

DSC0011

On 04/04/2022 at 19:58, Rhodes said:

I wasn't sure where to put this nice photograph of the Bedfordshire FA Council members from the 1995/96 campaign, shortly before the SSML came into being, but some would have Officiated, there are some familiar faces but sadly many are no longer with us

Another disappearing photograph: 

May be an image of 8 people and text that says "BEDFORDSHIRE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION COUNCIL MEMBERS 1995-96 Standing (left right): R. Robinson (Div. Chairman Team Selection) Saunders (Div. Clark (Div. 12). Shury (Div. 13). (Referees Woods (Div Forrester (D.v. .H.J (D.v. 21). Sitting Middle (left right): Gilmore Caswell Sharp Brookes (Div. 1). Taylor (Div. 10 chairmar Youth and Coaching). Sitting Front (left right): Snelson (Div. Secretary Team Seleon), Redmond (Life .ember), A. Gale Member Mrs. Pratt Div. Discipline). photograph:- Crane (Life .ember), Martin (Div. Sadler Johnson (Life Member), P.B. Matthews (Div. 14). Setchell J.P (Div. 8). Onion Vice-Chairman Chairman Referees and Cup Member). Watson (Div. & Chairman of"

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Here's another 'starter for ten' for PetetheGreek, the OfficiaIs from the recent MiddIesex FA Senior Charity Cup FinaI, between Uxbridge and HanweII Town, who IooIike rabbits caught in the headIights: 

DSC0011

Referee
Samuel Gregory
Assistant Referee 1
Fernando Costache
Assistant Referee 2
Robert Alderton
Fourth Official
Mark Jacob