Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Referees/Assistant Referees

There is an interesting Iooking Female Referee Development event on Monday 15 August, at Rectory Park, arranged by the Middlesex FA with Sussex County FA affiliated Lisa Benn guesting, Lisa will no doubt have a story or two to tell of her many experiences: 

https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=kCXJRcbM-UaA_5_I2e3eObTyrEqD5jdGrRXtft5bMTdUMVFYNjlGUDVBQ1REMVFMR0E2UU5VQktRRC4u

Billede

• 2 months later...

The Berks & Bucks FA have produced a booklet to help match Officials deal with discriminatory incidents, PetetheGreek might find it helpful:

bit.ly/3g2sycR

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

The Berks & Bucks FA have produced a booklet to help match Officials deal with discriminatory incidents, PetetheGreek might find it helpful:

bit.ly/3g2sycR

Thanks for the link but I am already aware of the procedure.

The FA sent this information out to Referees recently. 

14 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Thanks for the link but I am already aware of the procedure.
The FA sent this information out to Referees recently. 

How are you keeping these days, you don't post much. I was wondering whether the SSMhave prohibited you from Officiating at CoIney Heath games now your good friend George Georgiou has joined them as Manager.

On 31/10/2022 at 12:15, Rhodes said:

How are you keeping these days, you don't post much. I was wondering whether the SSMhave prohibited you from Officiating at CoIney Heath games now your good friend George Georgiou has joined them as Manager.

I am well. I was actually meant to be at Colney Heath earlier this week but had to come off due to work commitments so I guess that means the SSML have no problem in me officiating their games.

2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

am well. I was actually meant to be at Colney Heath earlier this week but had to come off due to work commitments so I guess that means the SSML have no problem in me officiating their games.

What is your Iine of work out of curiosity

• 3 weeks later...

PetetheGreek - This is a strange one isn't it, do you think the Referee was harsh to send off the Warrington goalkeeper:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63691613

A non-league goalkeeper says he was sent off for reacting to a fan who urinated in his water bottle during an FA Trophy tie.

On 23/11/2022 at 13:56, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - This is a strange one isn't it, do you think the Referee was harsh to send off the Warrington goalkeeper:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63691613

A non-league goalkeeper says he was sent off for reacting to a fan who urinated in his water bottle during an FA Trophy tie.

The Referee is correct but I would not be surprised if the player / club appealed the red card citing mitigation. 

2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

The Referee is correct but I would not be surprised if the player / club appealed the red card citing mitigation. 

You aIways side with a Referee don't you, without faiI, how can the Referee be right if the goaIkeeper drank urine.

On 19/02/2021 at 13:05, Rhodes said:

the Islington Midweek League at Market Road 

PetetheGreek - Groundhopper The Wycombe Wanderer made a visit to Market Road recentIy, it reaIIy changed from the bad oId days back in the day hasn't it:

The Wycombe Wanderer: London Underground League - Market Road Pitches (footygrounds.blogspot.com)

Edited by Rhodes

PetetheGreek - Another one for you, how would you have dealt with this unsavoury incident out of interest from a game in Russia, presumably you would have abandoned the game:

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2022 at 08:55, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - Groundhopper The Wycombe Wanderer made a visit to Market Road recentIy, it reaIIy changed from the bad oId days back in the day hasn't it:

The Wycombe Wanderer: London Underground League - Market Road Pitches (footygrounds.blogspot.com)

Defiantly a change for the better.

On 28/11/2022 at 19:23, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - Another one for you, how would you have dealt with this unsavoury incident out of interest from a game in Russia, presumably you would have abandoned the game:

I would not have dived in amongst the players to try and separate them. 

I don't think the Referee has much choice but to abandon the game.

On 07/12/2022 at 19:16, petethegreek said:

I would not have dived in amongst the players to try and separate them

Well that's not surprising to hear, you are quite a timid Official aren't you, I remember when watching you that you always 'hid behing the Referees skirt' to use an old fashioned phrase.

Edited by Rhodes

• 4 months later...

It will be interesting to get PetetheGreek's view on the unsavoury incident last weekend involving Liverpool's Andy Robinson and the Assistant Referee Constantine Hatzidakis who is, very coincidentally, his Countryman:

Who is Constantine Hatzidakis Referee? Wikipedia and Age (bollywoodsafar.com)

Since posting the about about Liverpool's Andy Robinson and Assistant Referee Constantine Hatzidakis we have learned that Mr Hatzidakis has got off scot-free following an investigation by the FA, it's absolutely incredible isn't it as they should have thrown the book at him:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11970453/The-FA-confirm-NO-action-taken-against-assistant-referee-Constantine-Hatzidakis.html

Andy Robertson alleged he had been elbowed by the linesman at the end of the first half between his Liverpool side and Arsenal at Anfield on Sunday, which ended in a 2-2 draw

On 13/04/2023 at 15:36, Rhodes said:

It will be interesting to get PetetheGreek's view on the unsavoury incident last weekend involving Liverpool's Andy Robinson and the Assistant Referee Constantine Hatzidakis who is, very coincidentally, his Countryman:

Who is Constantine Hatzidakis Referee? Wikipedia and Age (bollywoodsafar.com)

He should have been charged and he is not my countryman.

On 15/04/2023 at 20:50, petethegreek said:

He should have been charged and he is not my countryman

PetetheGreek - Well at least you are in agreement, that must be a first on here. Mr Hatzidakis is clearly a very arrogant individual and has admitted so himself, “I was very arrogant when I played”. In the article below he also comes out with statements such as “if you don’t look right your credibility is questioned straight away, if you look physically fit as a match Official, as a Referee or assistant Referee you’re automatically winning the game of persuading someone that decision is correct” and “once you’re plugged in, you’re very much in the zone, you’re in the game" which I believe is a quote from the film The Matrix, maybe Mr Hatzidakis thinks he is Keanu Reeves:

Constantine Hatzidakis: Who is the official who 'elbowed' Andy Robertson? (90min.com)

PetetheGreek - What do you make of this unceremonious dismissal last weekend at Barnet, it seems rather harsh for an attempted over head kick doesn't it:

On 20/04/2023 at 13:31, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - What do you make of this unceremonious dismissal last weekend at Barnet, it seems rather harsh for an attempted over head kick doesn't it:

He flicks his foot back after the initial contact.

No need for that.

The first contact would be deemed as reckless and a YC.

It is the bit after that has probably earned him a RC.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering whether this has ever happened to PetetheGreek, a pint thrown over him following a game he Officiated in:

Pint thrown over football referee after match near Bristol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-65473526

Pint of alcohol chucked at referee through car window after 10th tier playoff final - Fan Banter

Edited by Rhodes