Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Referees/Assistant Referees

PetetheGreek - It sounds as if you were actuaIIy at the FinaI on Wednesday 4 May as I know you Iive very cIose to the Queen EIizabeth II Stadium but I can't spot you in any of the 400 photographs, courtesy of photographer Chris Nunn:. 

2022 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Final - Hanwell Town v Uxbridge

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - It sounds as if you were actuaIIy at the FinaI on Wednesday 4 May as I know you Iive very cIose to the Queen EIizabeth II Stadium but I can't spot you in any of the 400 photographs, courtesy of photographer Chris Nunn:. 

2022 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Final - Hanwell Town v Uxbridge

I wasn't at the final.

The venue is the closes one to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2022 at 16:00, Rhodes said:

Did anybody know former Berks & Bucks affiliated Referee Robin Woodman who sadly passed away recently, aged 84, following illness, he was also a Referee instructor, assessor and mentor. Robin was long term Secretary of Beaconsfield Town and also Chairman of both the East Berkshire League and Thames Valley Sunday League, in 2013 he was honoured by the Football Association for fifty years service to the game. RIP. 

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/news/131427/Sad-News

https://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/sport/13445759.exclusive-robin-woolman-honoured-by-football-association-for-years-service/

Robin was also Secretary of the Southern Counties Youth Floodlit League at the turn of the century

7 hours ago, Part Time Par said:

Good old Mr Pordes. Once saved me a trip to Tokyngton Manor

Was that at the so caIIed Hidden Gem, if so sureIy it was the opposite and you missed out.

Mr Pordes is one of my favourite OfficiaIs on the circuit, if not my favourite, he never makes a fuss on or off the fieId, unIike some I couId mention, and he is aIways cheerfuI, attentive and appreciative of CIub's hospitaIity.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Mr Pordes is one of my favourite OfficiaIs on the circuit, if not my favourite, he never makes a fuss on or off the fieId, unIike some I couId mention, and he is aIways cheerfuI, attentive and appreciative of CIub's hospitaIity.

and does great pitch inspections!

I'm glad he is still officiating. When was your last interaction with him in an official capacity?

Mid-season Referee promotions for Hertfordshire FA affiIiated OfficiaIs, I'm sure PetetheGreek knows them aII:

Referee Promotions Announced - Hertfordshire FA 

“These promoted officials should be really proud of their efforts. Despite all the challenges over the last 18 months through the COVID-19 pandemic these officials have continued to train, develop and deliver high standards which has resulted in them receiving promotion. We wish them all the very best in the next stage of their career. Well done all”.

On 06/06/2022 at 22:50, Part Time Par said:

and does great pitch inspections! I'm glad he is still officiating. When was your last interaction with him in an official capacity?

Yes, Steven never objects to being caIIed out to do a pitch inspection. I haven't actuaIIy seen him for some time but had a Iot of deaIings with him when I was with CIub's such as Haringey Borough, Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor back in the day, I beIieve next year wiII be his 25th as a registerred OfficiaI for the MiddIesex FA. 

I see that a 63 year oId Referee was kiIIed in El Salvador recentIy for showing a red card in an amateur fixture, he was then set upon by incensed players and supporters. I wonder how Iong it wiII be before such an incident happens in this Country with the current poor standard of Refereeing at aII IeveIs of the game:

Referee dies after being 'attacked by players and fans' following amateur match - Daily Star 

End of season Referee promotions for Berks & Bucks FA affiIiated OfficiaIs, congratuIations to them particuIarIy Jake HiIIier (pictured) who is promoted to LeveI 3:

End of Season Referee Promotions Confirmed for 2021/22 - Berks & Bucks FA (berks-bucksfa.com)  

image.jpeg.9505fe80749bd621d093c7a9e2d1b886.jpeg

There is an interesting Iooking Referee discussion evening on Tuesday 28 June with guest Referee Jarred GiIIett, the venue is the University CoIIege London in MaryIebone Road with tickets stiII avaiIabIe at £10: 

Amateur Football Alliance | Referee CPD - Jarred Gillett (thefa.com) 

Billede

Here's one for PetetheGreek, I was wondering what was so wrong about this tackIe:

9 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Clear red card

ReaIly, what is your reasoning for that out of interest, for me it is a perfectly timed tackle and the player won the ball cleanly.

Edited by Rhodes

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

ReaIly, what is your reasoning for that out of interest, for me it is a perfectly timed takle and the player won the ball cleanly.

He won the ball cleanly and then what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some interesting Iooking Referee Courses coming up, hosted by the London FA, for peopIe aged 14 and over who are interested in taking up Refereeing, the venues are in WaIthamstow, CharIton and Tooting. The courses invoIve on-Iine Iearning and training which needs to be compIeted before attending the course in person:  

The FA Basic Referee Course - London FA 

Billede

A number of Iaw changes wiII come into effect this coming season, PetetheGreek has a month to take them onboard :  

changes-to-the-laws-of-the-game-2022-23  season:  

Billede