Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Referees/Assistant Referees

That's a good shot isn't it, of the Official I mean and not the two ladies sitting in the stand ?, it's from the Middlesex FA Sunday Junior Trophy Final between Hampton Terriers and Highgate Albion Thirds played at Rectory Park on Sunday 27 June:

2021 Middlesex FA Sunday Junior Trophy Final

• 2 weeks later...

Not SSML but sad news to report that 1985 FA Cup Final Referee Peter Willis has passed away at the age of 85, I'm sure he was one of PetetheGreek's boyhood heroes:

Peter Willis (referee) | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Peter Willis - Wikipedia

image.jpeg.95f96a25b00a5552453afe9bc3f0f834.jpeg

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not SSML but sad news to report that 1985 FA Cup Final Referee Peter Willis has passed away at the age of 85, I'm sure he was one of PetetheGreek's boyhood heroes:

Peter Willis (referee) | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Peter Willis - Wikipedia

image.jpeg.95f96a25b00a5552453afe9bc3f0f834.jpeg

Nope.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering whether this is a legitimate goal', cue PetetheGreek:

13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Just wondering whether this is a legitimate goal', cue PetetheGreek:

If a team official, substitute, substituted or sent-off player or outside agent enters the field of play, the referee must:

• only stop play if there is interference with play

• have the person removed when play stops

• take appropriate disciplinary action If play is stopped and the interference was by:

• a team official, substitute, substituted or sent-off player, play restarts with a direct free kick or penalty kick

• an outside agent, play restarts with a dropped ball

Outside agent

Any animal, object or structure, etc., as well as any person who is not a match official or on the team list (players, substitutes and team officials)

======================================================

No goal. 

Re-start is a drop ball.

7 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

No goal. 
Re-start is a drop ball.

It reminded me a bit of Martin Peters ghosting in at the far post or an Alan Gilzean flicked header

Some interesting looking events for Officials where there is no requirement to join the High Wycombe & District Referees Society to be eligible to attend:

Billede

4 minutes ago, View from the Boundary said:

That's not even close, who had the flag, Stevie Wonder?

I can only assume that PetetheGreek was on the tie, it's strange the Tring Athletic match report doesn't mention the offside decision:

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=3945

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I can only assume that PetetheGreek was on the tie, it's strange the Tring Athletic match report doesn't mention the offside decision:

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=3945

Sorry to disappoint you but nothing to do with me.

23 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Sorry to disappoint you but nothing to do with me.

Okay but I am surprised. What did you think of this terrible blunder last night:

Anthony Taylor gaffe as he hands Dynamo Kyiv star Denys Garmash second yellow and red - but he hadn't been booked yet (thesun.co.uk)

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It's lack of concentration.

Daft error that should not have happened. 

PetetheGreek - This is an interesting article, what do you think of Mark Clattenburg out of interest. I see that he has tattoos which you said you hated with Referees and it was un-professional, he even says 'why shouldn’t a Referee have a nose piercing if they want', I can't imagine you with one:

Clattenburg reveals he quit refereeing after realising he ‘can’t be bothered with idiots like Jose Mourinho complaining’ (thesun.co.uk)

On 22/09/2021 at 09:52, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - This is an interesting article, what do you think of Mark Clattenburg out of interest. I see that he has tattoos which you said you hated with Referees and it was un-professional, he even says 'why shouldn’t a Referee have a nose piercing if they want', I can't imagine you with one:

Clattenburg reveals he quit refereeing after realising he ‘can’t be bothered with idiots like Jose Mourinho complaining’ (thesun.co.uk)

I'm too fussed how Referees look as long as they can do the job like Mark did.

• 3 weeks later...

PetetheGreek - These were the disgraceful scenes at the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round tie on Saturday between Bristol Manor Farm and Paulton Rovers, how would you have dealt with the situation, it appears that the three Officials are just meekly standing off:

On 11/10/2021 at 13:44, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek - These were the disgraceful scenes at the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round tie on Saturday between Bristol Manor Farm and Paulton Rovers, how would you have dealt with the situation, it appears that the three Officials are just meekly standing off:

I doubt if I would have done anything differently. 

Just stand there and make mental notes of the actions and comments of the Club Official then report to the relevant authorities. 

On 12/10/2021 at 16:45, petethegreek said:

I doubt if I would have done anything differently

I always remember you keeping your head well below the parapet when things 'kicked off' during a game 

Congratulations to the five Hertfordshire FA affiliated match Officials who have progressed from Level 5 to Level 4 as part of the mid-season promotion process:

Thomas Frost, Benjamin Jerrams, Kyfer Mayhew, Christopher Poole and Rikki Woolford

Billede