Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Happy Birthday Rhodes

Happy birthday Rhodes. Must say I’m jealous of your pub visits at the moment. I hope you’ve been spending all this time working on your non league book. 

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Happy birthday Rhodes. Must say I’m jealous of your pub visits at the moment. I hope you’ve been spending all this time working on your non league book. 

:234:

You writing a book Rhodes?

Winslow Boy - Thanks, is that just because I started a thread for your Birthday, I can't see myself getting many greetings today can you particularly from the likes of Karen, a certain match Official and Wisezola. Yes, all the pubs are open here in Denmark (see my local below) and football started again recently albeit restricted to an attendance of 500, I tried to get a ticket for a Danish First Division game yesterday without success. Thanks again and hope you and the family are keeping well, I expect George Tomlin is chomping at the bit to get things started again at Elmfields Gate:

Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Looks a decent little boozer.Paul Alleyne and Roni Joe in charge at Winslow now. Hope you’ve had a good day. 

5 hours ago, Savagebee said:

:234:

No but he should, ‘musings from the hidden gem’ ‘Tales from a step 6 great one’

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - Thanks, is that just because I started a thread for your Birthday, I can't see myself getting many greetings today can you particularly from the likes of Karen, a certain match Official and Wisezola. Yes, all the pubs are open here in Denmark (see my local below) and football started again recently albeit restricted to an attendance of 500, I tried to get a ticket for a Danish First Division game yesterday without success. Thanks again and hope you and the family are keeping well, I expect George Tomlin is chomping at the bit to get things started again at Elmfields Gate:

Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Whats that round your neck? A bit of protection in case the locals try to hang you when you start boring them to death?

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

?

8 hours ago, Savagebee said:

I'm considering a book on the SSML but just from 1997 when the Spartan League and South Midlands League merged as my knowledge prior to that is not the best and I don't expect Karen would be that keen to help with information, documentation and photographs if asked or work hand in hand with me. Also the Spartan League and South Midlands League were obviously two separate entities so it would be confusing and difficult  to do one book combining or encompassing both. The Spartan League was formed in 1907 and the South Midlands League came into being in 1922 so the research needed would be immense whereas from just 1997, when the SSML came into being, would be more straight forward although only a year after the merger in 1997/1998 the format was changed and the regional north and south sections of both the Premier Division and Division One were merged providing a reduction to just three divisions in 1998/1999, as opposed to the original five. The lower Division's were later restructured for the 2001/02 campaign whereby the old Senior Division became Division One and the old Division One became Division Two and this format has remained the same ever since.

8 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I'm considering a book on the SSML but just from 1997 when the Spartan League and South Midlands League merged as my knowledge prior to that is not the best and I don't expect Karen would be that keen to help with information, documentation and photographs if asked or work hand in hand with me. Also the Spartan League and South Midlands League were obviously two separate entities so it would be confusing and difficult  to do one book combining or encompassing both. The Spartan League was formed in 1907 and the South Midlands League came into being in 1922 so the research needed would be immense whereas from just 1997, when the SSML came into being, would be more straight forward although only a year after the merger in 1997/1998 the format was changed and the regional north and south sections of both the Premier Division and Division One were merged providing a reduction to just three divisions in 1998/1999, as opposed to the original five. The lower Division's were later restructured for the 2001/02 campaign whereby the old Senior Division became Division One and the old Division One became Division Two and this format has remained the same ever since.

Go for it ?

Rhodes you got more Birthday wishes than you thought you would eh.

Well Mr Dacorum was certainly a surprise if you can call that a wish, he didn't say whether his kind offer, back on 27 August 2014, to meet up at a game sometime was still open did he (see below):

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 22:43, Mr Dacorum said:

You are obviously a very knowledgeable man - we must meet up at a game sometime.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 19:41, Winslow Boy said:

Winslow Boy - It is really funny you should say that as I'm also considering a book on the so called 'Great One' however Clement has gone to ground and I'm currently trying to track him down, he may be in his native Nigeria or in Israel where he is still adored from when he played at Beitar Netanya, a Club 30 km from Tel Aviv, and obviously his high profile son Toto played for various Club's in Israel and controversially the National team instead of Nigeria. You may remember the article in 'When Saturday Comes' magazine from 2007 that mentioned the SSML, Toto played at Wembley for Israel in a Euro 2008 qualifier and Clement was obviously there to see him on 8 September 2007 which was all over the National press like a rash at the time, also giving publicity to the SSML:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/31-Players/191-toto-fiasco

On 14/06/2020 at 22:04, Rhodes said:

Well Mr Dacorum was certainly a surprise if you can call that a wish, he didn't say whether his kind offer, back on 27 August 2014, to meet up at a game sometime was still open did he (see below):

He must be waiting for the new season to start first ?

Archived