Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League Football

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This is rather worrying isn't it, we could be back to square one before too long:

Scientists fear possible delay to 21 June end of lockdown as UK cases of India variant 'triple in one week' (inews.co.uk)

SAGE to hold emergency meeting over Indian Covid which could delay lockdown lifting - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

UK cases of the highly transmissible Indian variant have more than tripled in a week, new figures are expected to confirm on Thursday, as scientists advising the government fear the final stage out of lockdown could be delayed due to the surge.

Boris Johnson has warned that the strain, B1617.2, one of three mutations fuelling the devastating epidemic in India, is “of increasing concern here in the UK”.

? Ha Ha surprise surprise great timing eh ? 

Edited by Savagebee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Savagebee - Yes, here's a surprise, the total lifting of lockdown next month is under threat due to the cases of the Indian variant doubling in the last week or so:

Lockdown lifting under threat as Indian Covid cases double in a week - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Cases of the Indian variant have doubled in a week leading to fresh doubts over the ending of Covid restrictions in England next month.

Boris Johnson warned that freedom from restrictions on June 21 may have to wait as it emerged three-quarters of new cases are now the Indian mutation.

 
Edited by Rhodes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/05/2021 at 07:39, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, here's a surprise, the total lifting of lockdown next month is under threat due to the cases of the Indian variant doubling in the last week or so:

Lockdown lifting under threat as Indian Covid cases double in a week - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Cases of the Indian variant have doubled in a week leading to fresh doubts over the ending of Covid restrictions in England next month.

Boris Johnson warned that freedom from restrictions on June 21 may have to wait as it emerged three-quarters of new cases are now the Indian mutation.

 

They have a lot of variants to get through ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 02:50, Rhodes said:

Does anyone have any sympathy with FA Chairman Greg Clarke who resigned yesterday, Parliamentary Select Committee's do go out of their way to trip people up in the heat of the moment and they are experts in doing so but obviously what Mr Clarke said was totally unacceptable and he had to go:

I see a successor has finally been found to Greg Clarke who resigned his position as Chair of the FA in November last year, it has taken a while hasn't it and Debbie Hewitt will not take up the role until January next year with interim Chair Peter McCormick remaining in place until then. It's hardly surprising that the FA find themselves in such turmoil.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/jun/08/20210608-debbie-hewitt-mbe-nominated-for-fa-non-executive-chair

hWMIKVg4?format=jpg&name=small

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 31/05/2021 at 15:56, Savagebee said:

They have a lot of variants to get through ? 

Savagebee - It looks like we are finally 'home free' doesn't it just in time for the new campaign, perfect timing:

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has confirmed England will move to final stage of unlocking coronavirus restrictions on 19 July. That means there will be no legal restrictions on crowd numbers at sport.

Billede

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/07/2021 at 17:47, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - It looks like we are finally 'home free' doesn't it just in time for the new campaign, perfect timing:

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has confirmed England will move to final stage of unlocking coronavirus restrictions on 19 July. That means there will be no legal restrictions on crowd numbers at sport.

Billede

Yeah right there words mean fu#k all! Trust me! This madness is not over by a long way my friend and it may never be remember they said just three weeks to flattern the curve and here we all are 480 days later.

Friendlys tomorrow are dropping like flys because of all of this ? ?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Savagebee - I think most people will agree with your outlook, I see there was an update from the FA issued yesterday (16 July):

FA update on grassroots football ahead of COVID-19 restrictions easing on 19 July (thefa.com)

The FA has provided an update on ‘non-elite’ football in advance of Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Friendlys tomorrow are dropping like flys because of all of this ? ?.

Savagebee - I noticed that too, it's worrying isn't it, Rayners Lane were really looking forward to this lucrative one this afternoon:

May be an image of text

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I noticed that too, it's worrying isn't it, Rayners Lane were really looking forward to this lucrative one this afternoon:

May be an image of text

My footy game went days ago ? so I'm just going to watch some local club Cricket today ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I think most people will agree with your outlook, I see there was an update from the FA issued yesterday (16 July):

FA update on grassroots football ahead of COVID-19 restrictions easing on 19 July (thefa.com)

The FA has provided an update on ‘non-elite’ football in advance of Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap.

The 2021/22 season will be effected by this Covid-19 madness im 99% sure of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/07/2021 at 12:48, Savagebee said:

The 2021/22 season will be effected by this Covid-19 madness im 99% sure of that.

Savagebee - I think we will be very lucky to even start in early August:

The FA has urged non-league clubs to "reduce & prevent close contact scenarios" in order to "manage the risk" of games needing to be postponed.

Billede

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I think we will be very lucky to even start in early August:

The FA has urged non-league clubs to "reduce & prevent close contact scenarios" in order to "manage the risk" of games needing to be postponed.

Billede

Yep this season is most likely to be fu#ked up again by this madness and that is because all that matters is Covid nothing else is as important as Covid!. We will be back in Lockdown by September. This is 100% not just about a Virus. Government is not your friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Yes, I think we were all foolish and naive to get our hopes up and may as well just forget all about the 2021/22 campaign:

One in 75 people in England had Covid last week as outbreak grew by another 30%, ONS | Daily Mail Online

It means Covid is more widespread now than it has been since the last week of January, when there were estimated to be about 850,000 cases.

Edited by Rhodes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/07/2021 at 13:19, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, I think we were all foolish and naive to get our hopes up and may as well just forget all about the 2021/22 campaign:

One in 75 people in England had Covid last week as outbreak grew by another 30%, ONS | Daily Mail Online

It means Covid is more widespread now than it has been since the last week of January, when there were estimated to be about 850,000 cases.

Hope it's wrong but I'm hearing rumours of another Lockdown happening in around 5 weeks time ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Yes, I feel really sorry for Karen as she has put so much work into compiling and issuing the fixtures recently as well as familiarising herself with all the new Club's and getting to know their Secretaries: 

Billede

Edited by Rhodes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Here we go, no doubt we will soon be facing another break in the campaign, also the two scaremongering Professor's, Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam, have been wheeled out which is always a bad sign:

UK Covid cases highest in a MONTH with 37k new infections and 114 more deaths (thesun.co.uk)

Covid cases fell by 4% in England last week with one in 80 people infected, official data shows | Daily Mail Online

UK Covid cases have reached their highest level in a month. There have been 37,314 new cases in the past 24 hours, with 114 more deaths.

The Department of Health's usual update showed there were 37,314 infections over the past 24 hours, marking a 14.1 per cent rise on the figure last week. The country is now averaging more than 31,000 cases per day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Here we go, no doubt we will soon be facing another break in the campaign, also the two scaremongering Professor's, Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam, have been wheeled out which is always a bad sign:

UK Covid cases highest in a MONTH with 37k new infections and 114 more deaths (thesun.co.uk)

Covid cases fell by 4% in England last week with one in 80 people infected, official data shows | Daily Mail Online

UK Covid cases have reached their highest level in a month. There have been 37,314 new cases in the past 24 hours, with 114 more deaths.

The Department of Health's usual update showed there were 37,314 infections over the past 24 hours, marking a 14.1 per cent rise on the figure last week. The country is now averaging more than 31,000 cases per day.

Agree Rhodes.

Let's hear the daily deaths for all the other things? And let's add in the within 28 days rubbish!. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/03/2021 at 20:48, Rhodes said:

Ollie Bayliss has finally received a response from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to his Freedom of Information (FoI) request concerning the National League grants and loans fiasco but what a 'whitewash', it's laughable isn't it

An update on Ollie Bayliss's Freedom of Information (FoI) request to the incompetent Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) concerning the National League grants and loans fiasco, Ollie is like a dog with a bone and won't let the matter rest or allow the DCMS to get away with murder:

Billede

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It just never rains does it, now it's the fuel shortage that is cancelling games:

Fuel supply: Non-league football matches hit by shortages - BBC Sport

Around half a dozen games scheduled for tomorrow night in the Southern League have now also been called off due to the fuel crisis.

The Southern Combination Football League (Steps 5 & 6) has postponed all midweek fixtures due to the petrol shortage.

16 games postponed in the @IsthmianLeague this midweek due to issues around the fuel situation. League Board will meet on Wednesday to review the position ahead of the weekend games.

Edited by Rhodes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/07/2021 at 14:30, Savagebee said:

Hope it's wrong but I'm hearing rumours of another Lockdown happening in around 5 weeks time ?

Savagebee - It looks like it's heading that way now, they are starting to wheel out the likes of scaremongering Professor's, Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam again and Good Morning Britain's resident medical 'expert' Dr Hilary Jones is having his twopennysworth:

Fears face masks, working from home and Covid vaccine passports could return No10 hints ahead of 'challenging winter' (thesun.co.uk)

Dr Hilary revealed his concern for the NHS this morning on Good Morning Britain, he said: "We do have a problem, right now in the UK with 50,000 new cases reported yesterday - 300k in the week before this one, which is a rise of 15 per cent. It's the highest since July of this year. We have also seen a rise of hospitalisations - 915 people hospitalised yesterday. So we will need to have a look at what plan we are going to adopt this winter. We are in crisis in the NHS right now with a very difficult winter approaching". 

Edited by Rhodes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - It looks like it's heading that way now, they are starting to wheel out the likes of scaremongering Professor's, Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam again and Good Morning Britain's resident medical 'expert' Dr Hilary Jones is having his twopennysworth:

Yep scaremongering to the highest degree! ? Got to be clever enough and strong enough not to full for any of the ? ? The NHS is in meltdown every winter and has been for the last 10 or so winters.

Edited by Savagebee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/10/2021 at 13:10, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - It looks like it's heading that way now, they are starting to wheel out the likes of scaremongering Professor's, Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam again and Good Morning Britain's resident medical 'expert' Dr Hilary Jones is having his twopennysworth:

Fears face masks, working from home and Covid vaccine passports could return No10 hints ahead of 'challenging winter' (thesun.co.uk)

Dr Hilary revealed his concern for the NHS this morning on Good Morning Britain, he said: "We do have a problem, right now in the UK with 50,000 new cases reported yesterday - 300k in the week before this one, which is a rise of 15 per cent. It's the highest since July of this year. We have also seen a rise of hospitalisations - 915 people hospitalised yesterday. So we will need to have a look at what plan we are going to adopt this winter. We are in crisis in the NHS right now with a very difficult winter approaching". 

Well, they vaccinated the population, didn't they? More carriers of the virus.... Hence the increase in cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think that we might have become a bit complacent as it does appear things are getting worse and now Tony Blair has got in on the act, surely we won't be writing off a third campaign:

Speed up booster jabs to save Christmas, say experts amid calls for Covid Plan B to be enacted | Daily Mail Online

Doctors want working from home and masks to return NOW - as an expert warns UK 'already has 100,000 daily cases' (thesun.co.uk)

4 major Covid restrictions you could see in WEEKS as some areas already set to plunge into Plan B (thesun.co.uk)

With cases rising nationally, a report by the former prime minister's think-tank, the Tony Blair Institute, said the Government needed to act 'rapidly and decisively' to avoid the need for another lockdown as winter approaches.

Edited by Rhodes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Do you think that we might have become a bit complacent as it does appear things are getting worse and now Tony Blair has got in on the act, surely we won't be writing off a third campaign:

Speed up booster jabs to save Christmas, say experts amid calls for Covid Plan B to be enacted | Daily Mail Online

Doctors want working from home and masks to return NOW - as an expert warns UK 'already has 100,000 daily cases' (thesun.co.uk)

With cases rising nationally, a report by the former prime minister's think-tank, the Tony Blair Institute, said the Government needed to act 'rapidly and decisively' to avoid the need for another lockdown as winter approaches.

Tony Blair needs to bore off ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...