Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

10 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

The FA will issue an update on the future of the 2020/21 season at around 6.30PM this evening. 

Curtailed as opposed to Null and Void? 

I suspect it’s careful wording while they work out what to do next and potential ramifications, especially as they were meant to be restructuring a couple of years ago. I would expect a null and void announcement soon or something that amounts to the same thing. 

Whatever the wording it is still a very sad day isn't it ?, at least Leighton Town can continue in the FA Vase and hopefully go on to win it if Connor Calcutt can find his shooting boots or if Danny Webb returns to Bell Close:

The FA Alliance and Leagues Committee curtail the 2020/21 season at Steps 3 to 6
Our alliance and leagues committees have now considered the large amount of data and information submitted by clubs across the National League System (NLS) Steps 3-6 as part of a survey to gather views on the continuation or conclusion of the 2020-21 league season, in addition to the information set out in the Government’s roadmap this week.
Submissions were made by 99.1 per cent of clubs at Steps 3 and 4, and 95.8 per cent of clubs at Steps 5 and 6. We would like to thank the clubs for submitting their views and the time taken in providing responses during what we appreciate is an incredibly challenging period for everyone.
The results of the survey showed that over 76 per cent of all clubs across Steps 3-6 indicated a preference to curtail the 2020-21 league season if it could not be restarted with limited spectator numbers and hospitality before 1 April.  
During this process, taking into account views of clubs and leagues, it was decided that extending the 2020-21 league season beyond the end of May 2021 would not be a viable option. This was due to various considerations, including the financial implications for many clubs, player contracts and the extent of the fixture scheduling issues caused by the national lockdown and various postponements which had resulted in there being 81 per cent of matches left to complete for Steps 3 and 4, and 75 per cent at Steps 5 and 6. 
Taking into account the survey results and the ongoing impact of Covid-19, which continues to adversely affect incomes for clubs due to restrictions on both spectators and hospitality, our alliance and leagues committees have reached a consensus that, subject to the approval of FA Council, the 2020-21 league season for Steps 3-6 of the NLS should be curtailed with immediate effect, with no further league matches taking place this season. 
The committees will now present their collective recommendations to the FA Council for ratification.
It has also been decided that, subject to FA Council’s decision regarding the curtailment of the season at Steps 3-6, both committees will revisit discussions around a potential restructure at Steps 4-6 of the NLS, which was originally agreed and has been on hold since the 2019-20 season. A further update on this will be provided in due course.
The FA intends to complete the 2020-21 FA Vase on the basis that the road map is implemented as set out by the Government earlier this week.
“We are currently liaising with the relevant parties with regards to a revised schedule for the Competition and will communicate this along with other details (such as emergency Rule amendments or modifications) as soon as these have been finalised. Please note that due to time limitations, the Competition will resume at the earliest opportunity (meaning that all Clubs should be prepared to resume playing FA Vase fixtures in early April) to ensure that all remaining fixtures can be played and the Competition can be completed in its usual format.”

Edited by Rhodes

13 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I suspect it’s careful wording while they work out what to do next and potential ramifications, especially as they were meant to be restructuring a couple of years ago. I would expect a null and void announcement soon or something that amounts to the same thing. 

IIt would appear the wording of 'Curtailed' rather than 'null and void' by the FA is to push forward their delayed restructure of Steps 4-6 It was planned that we would move across to the new Division in the Combined Counties League for the start of the 2019/20 season. 

If the FA manage to push this through in time for the start of the 2021/22 campaign then Edgware as well as Wembley, North Greenford and Oxhey Jets have played their final game in the SSMFL. 

Screenshot_20210127-095620_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by GRS67

There appears to be no reason why clubs can't play games from March 29th, albeit friendlies.

I'm sure many clubs will take up the option if avaliable to get back to some form of football, it's been almost 3 months since many last played and pre season is still 3/4 months away. 

21 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

IIt would appear the wording of 'Curtailed' rather than 'null and void' by the FA is to push forward their delayed restructure of Steps 4-6 It was planned that we would move across to the new Division in the Combined Counties League for the start of the 2019/20 season. 

If the FA manage to push this through in time for the start of the 2021/22 campaign then Edgware as well as Wembley, North Greenford and Oxhey Jets have played their final game in the SSMFL. 

Screenshot_20210127-095620_WhatsApp.jpg

I think that’s exactly it. They may well promote and relegate as they wish and day their hands are tied. 

14 hours ago, Savagebee said:

What about The SSML Division Two? That's Step 7 right?

Savagebee - Yes, good point, I know that the Midland Football League, at Steps 7 and 8 level, have curtailed their Divisions so lets see what is announced in the coming days, Karen could do a lot more to keep us reliably informed couldn't she as she's in the know.

The last two seasons have been a mess and a waste of time. Leagues need to 100% make sure that this doesn't happen again next season.

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

It's all messy and will get messier if they do restructure 

I know someone who will be happy and that's the Hellenic League Chairman Bob Dalling, it's all he goes on about and seems obsessed with restructuring. Would Edgware Town be happy in the Combined Counties League though, it's not really a League that gets the juices flowing is it.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I know someone who will be happy and that's the Hellenic League Chairman Bob Dalling, it's all he goes on about and seems obsessed with restructuring. Would Edgware Town be happy in the Combined Counties League though, it's not really a League that gets the juices flowing is it.

Personally I'm quite looking forward to a change, but I know most at the club are concerned about the extra travelling possibly involved. 

I believe it would be a easier route out of Step 5 especially with the team Rak has assembled, the SSMFL want rid of their southernmost clubs so why stay where we're not wanted! 

Just look as how the SSMFL have dealt with their announcements throughout Covid, little to no information coming from thier HQ! 

The SW Peninsula league have already announced their plans for a inter league Cup competition in April and May, meanwhile the SSMFL are dragging their heels, TBH I'd be astonished if they actually put something together for clubs in April and May! 

Edited by GRS67

41 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Just look as how the SSMFL have dealt with their announcements throughout Covid, little to no information coming from thier HQ! 

GRS67 - From Karen you mean, yes, you're right

I see that the Herts Senior County League has been declared null and void for 2020/21 with no promotion or relegation, that effects a lot of 'our' Club's Reserve side's and where does it leave Letchworth Garden City Eagles and Royston Town Reserves who have applied for promotion to the SSML:

Billede

On 24/02/2021 at 21:28, Savagebee said:

What about The SSML Division Two? That's Step 7 right?

Savagebee - Further to your question, Karen had better start getting busy with the remaining Division Two fixtures as it looks like there might be a resumption:

The FA Council will be asked to extend the Step 7 season to 30 June. Promotion applicants "will be factored into the considerations of the feasibility of the restructure.” If a league chooses to curtail early, this "will not prevent a club’s application from being considered”.

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - From Karen you mean, yes, you're right

No I didn't mean from Karen, don't put words in my mouth Rhodes! 

The Combined Counties League have today announced plans for a mini league in April /May, they're the second league to annonce this following the SW Peninsula, I wonder if we'll see something similar from the SSMFL or will they bury their heads in the sand as per usual! 

Edited by GRS67

I have had no communication from the Management Committee on any updates.

I expect Divisional Meetings will no doubt be held to discuss matters and the way forward that clubs want in due course

48 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

I have had no communication from the Management Committee on any updates.

I expect Divisional Meetings will no doubt be held to discuss matters and the way forward that clubs want in due course

I wasn't having a moan at you Karen it was aimed at the hierarchy of the league...

The United Counties League have now joined the SW Peninsula and Combined Counties League in announcing inter league Cup competitions 

Edited by GRS67