Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

I see that the incompetent Government are sticking firmly to their guns and, pedantically, spectators at non-elite sporting events will not be allowed before Monday 17 May. There appears to be a 'loophole' though where the rules state 'this does not prevent people from viewing recreational or organised sport that is taking place in a public space (e.g. a park), does that mean that most of the SSML Division 2 Spring Cup fixtures can be attended as well as the majority of Herts Senior County League and Bedfordshire County League Spring Cup competitions:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Organised events guidance for local authorities - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Billede

On 07/04/2021 at 21:34, Rhodes said:

I see that the incompetent Government are sticking firmly to their guns and, pedantically, spectators at non-elite sporting events will not be allowed before Monday 17 May. There appears to be a 'loophole' though where the rules state 'this does not prevent people from viewing recreational or organised sport that is taking place in a public space (e.g. a park), does that mean that most of the SSML Division 2 Spring Cup fixtures can be attended as well as the majority of Herts Senior County League and Bedfordshire County League Spring Cup competitions:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Organised events guidance for local authorities - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Billede

I cannot decipher this nonsense. 

No idea if spectators can or cannot attend Grassroots football.

No idea if dressing rooms can or cannot be used.

When you put 2 governing bodies such as the Government and FA together you get this.

We're not out of the woods yet by any means are we:

Lockdown easing could be DELAYED if South African variant spreads, expert warns (thesun.co.uk)

'Prophet of doom' experts warn lockdown easing could delay lockdown-easing plans | Daily Mail Online

LOCKDOWN easing could be delayed if the South African variant spreads, an expert has warned. A total of 533 confirmed cases of the South African variant have been detected in the UK.

Edited by Rhodes

A letter sent to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) recently from, I believe, volunteers involved with the Central Midlands Football League or its Club's:

Billede

• 4 weeks later...

This is rather worrying isn't it, we could be back to square one before too long:

Scientists fear possible delay to 21 June end of lockdown as UK cases of India variant 'triple in one week' (inews.co.uk)

SAGE to hold emergency meeting over Indian Covid which could delay lockdown lifting - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

UK cases of the highly transmissible Indian variant have more than tripled in a week, new figures are expected to confirm on Thursday, as scientists advising the government fear the final stage out of lockdown could be delayed due to the surge.

Boris Johnson has warned that the strain, B1617.2, one of three mutations fuelling the devastating epidemic in India, is “of increasing concern here in the UK”.

Edited by Rhodes

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This is rather worrying isn't it, we could be back to square one before too long:

Scientists fear possible delay to 21 June end of lockdown as UK cases of India variant 'triple in one week' (inews.co.uk)

SAGE to hold emergency meeting over Indian Covid which could delay lockdown lifting - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

UK cases of the highly transmissible Indian variant have more than tripled in a week, new figures are expected to confirm on Thursday, as scientists advising the government fear the final stage out of lockdown could be delayed due to the surge.

Boris Johnson has warned that the strain, B1617.2, one of three mutations fuelling the devastating epidemic in India, is “of increasing concern here in the UK”.

? Ha Ha surprise surprise great timing eh ? 

Edited by Savagebee

• 2 weeks later...

Savagebee - Yes, here's a surprise, the total lifting of lockdown next month is under threat due to the cases of the Indian variant doubling in the last week or so:

Lockdown lifting under threat as Indian Covid cases double in a week - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Cases of the Indian variant have doubled in a week leading to fresh doubts over the ending of Covid restrictions in England next month.

Boris Johnson warned that freedom from restrictions on June 21 may have to wait as it emerged three-quarters of new cases are now the Indian mutation.

Edited by Rhodes

On 28/05/2021 at 07:39, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, here's a surprise, the total lifting of lockdown next month is under threat due to the cases of the Indian variant doubling in the last week or so:

Lockdown lifting under threat as Indian Covid cases double in a week - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Cases of the Indian variant have doubled in a week leading to fresh doubts over the ending of Covid restrictions in England next month.

Boris Johnson warned that freedom from restrictions on June 21 may have to wait as it emerged three-quarters of new cases are now the Indian mutation.

They have a lot of variants to get through ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 02:50, Rhodes said:

Does anyone have any sympathy with FA Chairman Greg Clarke who resigned yesterday, Parliamentary Select Committee's do go out of their way to trip people up in the heat of the moment and they are experts in doing so but obviously what Mr Clarke said was totally unacceptable and he had to go:

I see a successor has finally been found to Greg Clarke who resigned his position as Chair of the FA in November last year, it has taken a while hasn't it and Debbie Hewitt will not take up the role until January next year with interim Chair Peter McCormick remaining in place until then. It's hardly surprising that the FA find themselves in such turmoil.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/jun/08/20210608-debbie-hewitt-mbe-nominated-for-fa-non-executive-chair

hWMIKVg4?format=jpg&name=small

• 1 month later...
On 31/05/2021 at 15:56, Savagebee said:

They have a lot of variants to get through ? 

Savagebee - It looks like we are finally 'home free' doesn't it just in time for the new campaign, perfect timing:

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has confirmed England will move to final stage of unlocking coronavirus restrictions on 19 July. That means there will be no legal restrictions on crowd numbers at sport.

Billede

On 13/07/2021 at 17:47, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - It looks like we are finally 'home free' doesn't it just in time for the new campaign, perfect timing:

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has confirmed England will move to final stage of unlocking coronavirus restrictions on 19 July. That means there will be no legal restrictions on crowd numbers at sport.

Billede

Yeah right there words mean fu#k all! Trust me! This madness is not over by a long way my friend and it may never be remember they said just three weeks to flattern the curve and here we all are 480 days later.

Friendlys tomorrow are dropping like flys because of all of this ? ?.

Savagebee - I think most people will agree with your outlook, I see there was an update from the FA issued yesterday (16 July):

FA update on grassroots football ahead of COVID-19 restrictions easing on 19 July (thefa.com)

The FA has provided an update on ‘non-elite’ football in advance of Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap.

20 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Friendlys tomorrow are dropping like flys because of all of this ? ?.

Savagebee - I noticed that too, it's worrying isn't it, Rayners Lane were really looking forward to this lucrative one this afternoon:

May be an image of text

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I noticed that too, it's worrying isn't it, Rayners Lane were really looking forward to this lucrative one this afternoon:

May be an image of text

My footy game went days ago ? so I'm just going to watch some local club Cricket today ?

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I think most people will agree with your outlook, I see there was an update from the FA issued yesterday (16 July):

FA update on grassroots football ahead of COVID-19 restrictions easing on 19 July (thefa.com)

The FA has provided an update on ‘non-elite’ football in advance of Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap.

The 2021/22 season will be effected by this Covid-19 madness im 99% sure of that.

On 17/07/2021 at 12:48, Savagebee said:

The 2021/22 season will be effected by this Covid-19 madness im 99% sure of that.

Savagebee - I think we will be very lucky to even start in early August:

The FA has urged non-league clubs to "reduce & prevent close contact scenarios" in order to "manage the risk" of games needing to be postponed.

Billede

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I think we will be very lucky to even start in early August:

The FA has urged non-league clubs to "reduce & prevent close contact scenarios" in order to "manage the risk" of games needing to be postponed.

Billede

Yep this season is most likely to be fu#ked up again by this madness and that is because all that matters is Covid nothing else is as important as Covid!. We will be back in Lockdown by September. This is 100% not just about a Virus. Government is not your friend.

Savagebee - Yes, I think we were all foolish and naive to get our hopes up and may as well just forget all about the 2021/22 campaign:

One in 75 people in England had Covid last week as outbreak grew by another 30%, ONS | Daily Mail Online

It means Covid is more widespread now than it has been since the last week of January, when there were estimated to be about 850,000 cases.

Edited by Rhodes

On 23/07/2021 at 13:19, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, I think we were all foolish and naive to get our hopes up and may as well just forget all about the 2021/22 campaign:

One in 75 people in England had Covid last week as outbreak grew by another 30%, ONS | Daily Mail Online

It means Covid is more widespread now than it has been since the last week of January, when there were estimated to be about 850,000 cases.

Hope it's wrong but I'm hearing rumours of another Lockdown happening in around 5 weeks time ?

Savagebee - Yes, I feel really sorry for Karen as she has put so much work into compiling and issuing the fixtures recently as well as familiarising herself with all the new Club's and getting to know their Secretaries: 

Billede

Edited by Rhodes