Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

Yes, the United Counties League are currently “preparing supplementary competitions for all Divisions" based on information it has received from its Club's following the questionnaire exercise prior to the announcement this week that Steps 3-6 will be 'curtailed'. This will apply to the Reserve sides of Newport Pagnell Town, Potton United and Milton Keynes Irish: 
Billede
Edited by Rhodes

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:
Yes, the United Counties League are currently “preparing supplementary competitions for all Divisions" based on information it has received from its Club's following the questionnaire exercise prior to the announcement this week that Steps 3-6 will be 'curtailed'. This will apply to the Reserve sides of Newport Pagnell Town, Potton United and Milton Keynes Irish: 
Billede

I’m not sure that clubs will be up for this and some may not even be in a position to do it. Just start pre season earlier. 

On 23/02/2021 at 17:01, GRS67 said:

I think we'll get some kind of competitive games be it a mini inter league tournament or something along those lines, playing friendlies isn't going to really benefit anyone, I know we're not in favour of just playing out friendlies for a few weeks before we have to have yet another break for the summer. 

I see that the Isthmian League have ruled out holding a secondary competition this season, Vice Chairman Craig Johnson said “we’ve decided we would not be running a League Cup type of event”. Can you blame them as what's the point, I'm not really sure why GRS67 is so enthusiastic about a mini tournament as what is wrong with friendlies until we can commence the 2021/22 campaign, hopefully in early August at the usual time with the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Saturday 7 or 14 August:

Isthmian League: Summer cups are not on the agenda - The Non-League Football Paper

THE ISTHMIAN League board have overwhelmingly decided not to organise secondary competitions this summer for their clubs.
Leagues at Steps 5 and 6 have begun organising tournaments for their members following the decision to curtail the season.
The competitions are planned to start from April and run until the end of May, but more information is required as to when crowds can return at ‘non-elite’ level along with secondary spend at grounds from bars and clubhouses.
The Isthmian League, at Steps 3 and 4, however, won’t be running any such events.

On 26/02/2021 at 13:21, Karen Browne said:

I have had no communication from the Management Committee on any updates.

I expect Divisional Meetings will no doubt be held to discuss matters and the way forward that clubs want in due course

Karen - Thanks for coming on to clarify that, have you raised your eyebrows at having had no communication as you're the League's fixture Secretary so surely you should be the first to be kept in the loop. What is discussed at the Divisional meetings out of interest and do you sit in on them, little or nothing ever seems to happen after one takes place does it so what's the point in having them. Lastly what's your understanding on Step 7 as there appears to be conflicting messeges about the extension of the Step 7 season to 30 June, see below:

1. The FA Council will be asked to extend the Step 7 season to 30 June. Promotion applicants "will be factored into the considerations of the feasibility of the restructure.” If a league chooses to curtail early, this "will not prevent a club’s application from being considered”.

2. Please note: the extension does not apply to the National League System (NLS) Steps 3-6, Regional NLS Feeder Leagues and the Women’s Football Pyramid from Tier 3 and below, including County Leagues at Tier 7, as the process to determine the preferred route forward for these competitions is currently ongoing.

18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I see that the Isthmian League have ruled out holding a secondary competition this season, Vice Chairman Craig Johnson said “we’ve decided we would not be running a League Cup type of event”. Can you blame them as what's the point, I'm not really sure why GRS67 is so enthusiastic about a mini tournament as what is wrong with friendlies until we can commence the 2021/22 campaign, hopefully in early August at the usual time with the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Saturday 7 or 14 August:

Isthmian League: Summer cups are not on the agenda - The Non-League Football Paper

THE ISTHMIAN League board have overwhelmingly decided not to organise secondary competitions this summer for their clubs.
Leagues at Steps 5 and 6 have begun organising tournaments for their members following the decision to curtail the season.
The competitions are planned to start from April and run until the end of May, but more information is required as to when crowds can return at ‘non-elite’ level along with secondary spend at grounds from bars and clubhouses.
The Isthmian League, at Steps 3 and 4, however, won’t be running any such events.

The only reason the 'Trident leagues "won't have any inter league Cup competitions is down to the fact that clubs would have to pay their contracted players for appearing. 

I'm in favour of leagues have inter Cup competitions because friendlies won't really benefit anyone and costs are the same for a friendly or a more competitive game. 

Edited by GRS67

Any played in April, May and June is better than nothing in my opinion but I totally understand Leagues and Club not wanting to bother playing again until next season and cutting there loses as our Supreme Leaders could easily change there minds regarding the easing of the Lockdown. This ain't over. Next Season needs to be thought about long and hard. This season has been a shambles.

Edited by Savagebee

On 25/02/2021 at 14:53, Savagebee said:

The last two seasons have been a mess and a waste of time. Leagues need to 100% make sure that this doesn't happen again next season.

Hear Hear !!

On 28/02/2021 at 19:30, Rhodes said:

what is wrong with friendlies until we can commence the 2021/22 campaign, hopefully in early August at the usual time with the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Saturday 7 or 14 August:

As predicted the 2021/22 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round is pencilled in for Saturday 7 August, I expect there will be some bumper attendances if, all being well, we are back to normality:

Billede

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

News from SSMFL HQ finally! 

GRS67 - I wonder whether Karen is secretly hoping there won't be a competition as it's going to be a lot of hard work for her isn't it over a fairly short period of time, her phone won't stop ringing.

4 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I wonder whether Karen is secretly hoping there won't be a competition as it's going to be a lot of hard work for her isn't it over a fairly short period of time, her phone won't stop ringing.

There's a poll on the Edgware Twitter account 

With the possibility of the @SpartanSMFL staging a cup competition for clubs in April and May what are your thoughts? 

Edited by GRS67

21 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

With the possibility of the @SpartanSMFL staging a cup competition for clubs in April and May what are your thoughts? 

Great for any clubs that want to take part. I wouldn’t bother if I was running a club but can see why others would. 

7 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Voted ?

On 04/03/2021 at 16:07, Rhodes said:

Karen - Did you go to York Minster yesterday out of interest to pray there won't be a SSML end of season cup competition, how do you propose to make it work out of interest, it will have to be on a group basis to give Club's entering a minimum of three games as opposed to a knock out competition like the Challenge Trophy. Also do you know why the deadline for Club's to respond was set for Sunday 14 March, surely it's just a yes or no answer and the sooner you can roll up your sleeves and make the draw the better.

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Karen - Did you go to York Minster yesterday out of interest to pray there won't be a SSML end of season cup competition, how do you propose to make it work out of interest, it will have to be on a group basis to give Club's entering a minimum of three games as opposed to a knock out competition like the Challenge Trophy. Also do you know why the deadline for Club's to respond was set for Sunday 14 March, surely it's just a yes or no answer and the sooner you can roll up your sleeves and make the draw the better.

Looking very unlikely ANY Step 5 leagues will have a inter league Cup competition, it's all dependent on fans being admitted and Clubhouses open both of which seem unlikely with nothing from the government to suggest fans will be admitted at grass roots before May 

On 04/03/2021 at 22:35, Savagebee said:

Voted ?

32% voted against which was somewhat of a surprise 

This is rather worrying isn't it from the horses mouth, England's Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty, we may well just get under way in August and September and then the virus raises its ugly head again:

Chris Whitty warns 'a lot more people will die' if lockdown is lifted early | Daily Mail Online

There will be a third surge of Covid, and more deaths, says Whitty - MyLondon

There will be a third surge of Covid, and more deaths, says Whitty

They need to start next season early (July) to get as much of the season played before our Supreme Leaders lock us all down again in the winter (and they will) and we are still not even out of this 3rd bloody lockdown yet.

I can totally understand why lots of clubs want nothing more to do with this shambles of a season.

This season and the season before can not happen again next season. Simples.

Savagebee - Another scaremonger has come out of the woodwork, you wonder where they dig these so called 'experts' up from don't you, at this rate we may as well write off next season as well:

Next pandemic is coming and could be MORE deadly than Covid, warns TV doc (thesun.co.uk)

THE next viral pandemic could be even more severe than Covid, a TV doctor has warned.
Virologist Chris van Tulleken said today: “It's not a question of if the next viral pandemic jumps, it's a question of when.
“And it's certainly possible to envisage a pandemic that will be far more severe in some ways than our current experience.”
Edited by Rhodes

This isn't good news, the FA have released a statement of clarification on supplementary competitions taking place and spectator attendance for non-elite football, it appears that 'all fixtures will need to be behind closed doors until no earlier than 17 May':

Step 3 to 6 subsidiary Competitions - Published 10 Mar.pdf (ncefl.org.uk)

Toolstation Northern Counties East Football League | News | League News | Season 2020/21 | FA release subsidiary competition and spectator update (ncefl.org.uk)

The FA have released a guide for any competitions that may be played in place of the curtailed 2020/21 season, along with the latest information on spectators and hospitality.