Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 3 October - SSML Results/Reports

On 02/10/2020 at 10:47, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

Buckingham Athletic v Enfield Borough

I gather there were some doubts about this one at Stratford Fields early this morning however surely it would have been called off by now to stop Enfield Borough setting out as it is a long trip for them:

Billede

9 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Will you be watching Back To The Future III on Film 4 this afternoon then. More games sadly called off, pitch inspections taking place shortly at Biggleswade United and Colney Heath:

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos P Harpenden Town

London Colney P Arlesey Town

Newport Pagnell Town Broadfields United

Oxhey Jets P Potton United

Wembley P Crawley Green

DIVISION ONE

Milton Keynes IrishAmersham Town

DIVISION TWO

Codicote P Buckingham United

I'll probably watch a game on tv.

20 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Will you be watching Back To The Future III on Film 4 this afternoon then. 

e336fa8b67f046a489f6de1326f69d83.gif

Rhodes you make me laugh ?

14 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

I'll probably watch a game on tv.

Go Rayners Lane ?

Games off this afternoon, I assume all the others will now take place:

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos P Harpenden Town

Baldock Town v Leverstock Green

Biggleswade United v Tring Athletic

Colney Heath v Dunstable Town

Eynesbury Rovers v Harefield United

Leighton Town North Greenford United (Leighton Town in FA Cup)

London Colney P Arlesey Town

Newport Pagnell TownBroadfields United

Oxhey Jets P Potton United

Wembley P Crawley Green

DIVISION ONE

Ampthill Town v Shefford Town & Campton

Buckingham Athletic v Enfield Borough

Langford v Hillingdon Borough

London Lions v Stotfold

London Tigers v Bedford

Milton Keynes Irish P Amersham Town

Park View P Stotfold (venue not available)

Rayners Lane v St Panteleimon

Winslow United v New Salamis (at Elmfields Gate)

DIVISION TWO

Berkhamsted Raiders P Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Codicote P Buckingham United

MK Gallacticos v Berkhamsted Comrades (kick off 3.15pm, Sir Herbert Leon Academy)

Mursley United v Tring Corinthians AFC

Old Bradwell United v Bovingdon

Sarratt P The 61 FC (Luton)

Totternhoe New Bradwell St Peter

This afternoon's domestic results, unfortunately Leighton Town's FA Cup run is over as they lost 2-1 to Leiston at Bell Close:

PREMIER DIVISION

Baldock Town 1 Leverstock Green 3

Biggleswade United 2 Tring Athletic 1

Colney Heath 1 Dunstable Town 1

Eynesbury Rovers 1 Harefield United 3

London Colney P Arlesey Town

Newport Pagnell Town Broadfields United

Oxhey Jets P Potton United

Wembley P Crawley Green

DIVISION ONE

Ampthill Town 0 Shefford Town & Campton 4

Buckingham Athletic 5 Enfield Borough 1

Langford 3 Hillingdon Borough 0

London Lions 3 Stotfold 1

London Tigers 1 Bedford 2

Milton Keynes Irish P Amersham Town

Park View P Stotfold (venue not available)

Rayners Lane 2 St Panteleimon 4

Winslow United 2 New Salamis 2

DIVISION TWO

Berkhamsted Raiders P Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Codicote P Buckingham United

MK Gallacticos 2 Berkhamsted Comrades 1

Mursley United 2 Tring Corinthians AFC 1

Old Bradwell United 3 Bovingdon 1

Sarratt P The 61 FC (Luton)

Totternhoe New Bradwell St Peter

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

Winslow United 2 New Salamis 2

It sounded like a thriller at Elmfields Gate:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/10/03/ssmfld1-winslow-united-2-new-salamis-2/

48 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Heard it was actually rather a poor game, neither side looked particularly good on the day. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION TWO

MK Gallacticos 2 Berkhamsted Comrades 1

A groundhopper from another Forum was at the Sir Herbert Leon Academy this afternoon:

MK Gallacticos 2-1 Berkhamsted Comrades
SSML 2
Att 17 H/C Adm Free.

Another not fancying a long drive in the heavy rain - was seriously considering staying in for the livestream of Barnet (glad I didn't!) but as it virtually stopped by 13:30 made the 1-hour trip here (it KO'd at 15:00 despite being advertised as 15:15).
Typical school cage with a small (uncovered) viewing area, and floodlights. T&T details taken manually - I think there was the facility to scan.
MK edged the 1st half & went 1-0 up on 28 with a shot from 12 yards following a corner. A 2nd yellow for a home player on 65 changed things a bit & Comrades equalised on 67 (I didn't see the build up as I was distracted by the sent-off player walking past me) but I think it was from long range. However the home side prevailed as the No2 was left unmarked at another corner to slot in from close range.
No traffic problems & indoors at 17:50.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

PREMIER DIVISION

You can set your watch by Leverstock Green on a Saturday evening or Tuesday night. Also see the match programme:

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/201003f/

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com%2Fclubs%2F1770%2FaRHIYWST5gfFpM65nXaA_Programme_Vol+13_Iss4_Leverstock+Green.pdf

Edited by Rhodes

My planned journey into deepest Essex having fallen victim to the heavy rain, it was once again on the train to Elstree & Borehamwood, and then the rather soggy walk to Rowley Lane to see London Lions.  The visitors were Stotfold, who on Wednesday had beaten St Panteleimon, so potentially an even contest was on the cards.  Not so, as Stotfold were always second best on an eventful afternoon.

Lions, easily in command and with most of the play, had already wasted a couple of clear chances when on 29 minutes Stotfold no5 Cawley brought down Lions' Max Kyte from behind, and as last man, received a straight red card.  Despite this, somewhat surprisingly, Stotfold hung on until half-time.  After the interval it was pretty much as you were, with Stotfold packing their defence, and Lions wasting their chances.  On 59 minutes, however, Lions' striker Adam Bolle was through, and couldn't possibly miss.  Except that he did, and went down very heavily in the process, and didn't get up again.  It was immediately clear that this was serious, and we had a long delay while both Clubs' physios did their best and we all awaited an ambulance.  It finally arrived, and Adam was removed from the field, to prolonged applause from spectators, and both sets of players.  He was cheerful, and gave everyone a thumbs-up as he was taken away -- a badly broken ankle seemed to be view of those who know about these things.

Play resumed, after a delay of 43 minutes, with Lions looking rather subdued, and not really up for it, and so it was no great surprise when ten-man Stotfold took the lead, forward Kim Forsythe bursting through a sloppy defence and hammering home.  This finally woke Lions up, and within a minute Max Kyte had equalised, and he then went on to add two more on 82 and 89 to secure the points.  Stotfold didn't help really themselves by having a defender sinbinned on 82, thus having to finish the game with only nine men.  So, three point for Lions, who are clearly a top-four side, but really must convert more of the chances they are creating, while Stotfold should be fine, certainly a top-half side.

Afterwards it was back into Borehamwood, and a look into the enormous Tesco Extra, to see if they had anything interesting in the 'Spirits' section to add to my collection.  This huge, hangar-like buiding stands on the site of the old MGM Studios, and it is rather odd, wandering down the 'Dairy Products' aisle in search of some cottage cheese, to imagine the likes of Elizabeth Taylor and co treading the same path.  Not that she was after cottage cheese, obviously.

In the 'Spirits' aisle I found a bottle of Ardbeg, a 46% 10-year-old Islay Single Malt, on offer at £37, rather than £48, and a bottle of Black Grouse, one of the better blends, and now rebranded as Famous Grouse Smoky Black, on offer at £14, rather than £20, and so I snaffled them up.  I feel sure that Elizabeth Taylor would approve.

From there I resisted the temptation to dive into the Hart & Spool, as the all-day drinkers were out in force, and were much noisier than usual.  So instead, it was back on the train, and indoors by 7.30.

7.30.  On a Saturday night.  What Elizabeth Taylor would make of that I shudder to think.            

11 minutes ago, agamemnon3 said:

My planned journey into deepest Essex having fallen victim to the heavy rain, it was once again on the train to Elstree & Borehamwood, and then the rather soggy walk to Rowley Lane to see London Lions.  The visitors were Stotfold, who on Wednesday had beaten St Panteleimon, so potentially an even contest was on the cards.  Not so, as Stotfold were always second best on an eventful afternoon.

Lions, easily in command and with most of the play, had already wasted a couple of clear chances when on 29 minutes Stotfold no5 Cawley brought down Lions' Max Kyte from behind, and as last man, received a straight red card.  Despite this, somewhat surprisingly, Stotfold hung on until half-time.  After the interval it was pretty much as you were, with Stotfold packing their defence, and Lions wasting their chances.  On 59 minutes, however, Lions' striker Adam Bolle was through, and couldn't possibly miss.  Except that he did, and went down very heavily in the process, and didn't get up again.  It was immediately clear that this was serious, and we had a long delay while both Clubs' physios did their best and we all awaited an ambulance.  It finally arrived, and Adam was removed from the field, to prolonged applause from spectators, and both sets of players.  He was cheerful, and gave everyone a thumbs-up as he was taken away -- a badly broken ankle seemed to be view of those who know about these things.

Play resumed, after a delay of 43 minutes, with Lions looking rather subdued, and not really up for it, and so it was no great surprise when ten-man Stotfold took the lead, forward Kim Forsythe bursting through a sloppy defence and hammering home.  This finally woke Lions up, and within a minute Max Kyte had equalised, and he then went on to add two more on 82 and 89 to secure the points.  Stotfold didn't help really themselves by having a defender sinbinned on 82, thus having to finish the game with only nine men.  So, three point for Lions, who are clearly a top-four side, but really must convert more of the chances they are creating, while Stotfold should be fine, certainly a top-half side.

Afterwards it was back into Borehamwood, and a look into the enormous Tesco Extra, to see if they had anything interesting in the 'Spirits' section to add to my collection.  This huge, hangar-like buiding stands on the site of the old MGM Studios, and it is rather odd, wandering down the 'Dairy Products' aisle in search of some cottage cheese, to imagine the likes of Elizabeth Taylor and co treading the same path.  Not that she was after cottage cheese, obviously.

In the 'Spirits' aisle I found a bottle of Ardbeg, a 46% 10-year-old Islay Single Malt, on offer at £37, rather than £48, and a bottle of Black Grouse, one of the better blends, and now rebranded as Famous Grouse Smoky Black, on offer at £14, rather than £20, and so I snaffled them up.  I feel sure that Elizabeth Taylor would approve.

From there I resisted the temptation to dive into the Hart & Spool, as the all-day drinkers were out in force, and were much noisier than usual.  So instead, it was back on the train, and indoors by 7.30.

7.30.  On a Saturday night.  What Elizabeth Taylor would make of that I shudder to think.            

A Max Kyte hatrick that's 6 goals in 5 games for him now.

Premier Division match reports where found and programmes:

https://issuu.com/aylesburyfc/docs/harpenden_town_-_oct_20

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/201003f/

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com%2Fclubs%2F1770%2FaRHIYWST5gfFpM65nXaA_Programme_Vol+13_Iss4_Leverstock+Green.pdf

Biggleswade United 2 Tring Athletic 1

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=3824

https://biggleswadeutd.com/Matchreport.aspx?id=473596

Eynesbury Rovers 1 Harefield United 3

https://eynesburyrovers.com/2020/10/03/winning-run-comes-to-an-end/

London Colney P Arlesey Town

Newport Pagnell Town P Broadfields United

Oxhey Jets P Potton United

Wembley P Crawley Green

Edited by Rhodes

'A Max Kyte hat-trick that's six goals in five games for him now.'

Yes, he's prolific, but hell, he's wasteful.  On Saturday he missed at least four that were easier than the three he scored.  He also has a 'Hollywood' tendency, often taking the spectacular option, rather than just making sure.

I note that Lions' next league game is at St Panteleimon on the thirteenth.  I suspect that chances will be scarce that night, and so Kyte & Co will need to take them.

2 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Play resumed, after a delay of 43 minutes

I initially wondered why Karen had dragged her feet putting the London Lions v Stotfold result up on Full Time, it's always dreadful to get a serious injury during a game at any level and really good to see that Adam Bolle is staying so up beat in the circumtances, he must be an amazing chap:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

4 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I initially wondered why Karen had dragged her feet putting the London Lions v Stotfold result up on Full Time, it's always dreadful to get a serious injury during a game at any level and really good to see that Adam Bolle is staying so up beat in the circumtances, he must be an amazing chap:

Billede

He has been a top player for the London Lions over the years ?

5 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

He has been a top player for the London Lions over the years ?

Savagebee - Here is Adam Bolle netting four goals for London Lions in a 5-1 win against Belstone in the Final of the 2018/19 Hertfordshire FA Senior Centenary Trophy on Tuesday 19 March 2019 at Vauxhall Road:

https://www.thejc.com/sport/videos/london-lions-belstone-herts-video-1.482011

Billede

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I initially wondered why Karen had dragged her feet putting the London Lions v Stotfold result up on Full Time,

For the record I do not put any results on Full Time. Each club is sent a result text message at the start of the game and they must reply with the result at the end of the game. It is these messages that update Full Time with results and then adjusts the tables accordingly

On 03/10/2020 at 20:24, Winslow Boy said:

Heard it was actually rather a poor game, neither side looked particularly good on the day

Winslow Boy - At least we can judge for ourselves now from this YouTube footage of Saturday's game at Elmfields Gate, were you happy with a point:

51 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - At least we can judge for ourselves now from this YouTube footage of Saturday's game at Elmfields Gate, were you happy with a point:

I think both sides will be happy with the point, I think as the footage shows it wasn’t a game full of quality. 

On 04/10/2020 at 20:33, Rhodes said:

Premier Division match reports where found:

A missing match report from the Herts Advertiser who always give Colney Heath good coverage:

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/colney-heath-fc-v-dunstable-town-match-report-1-6868947?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons