Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Spring Cups

The SSML has submitted a request to the FA to sanction its two Spring Cup competitions.

Couple of rule changes

Five substitutes may be used, however like the FA Cup it was decided that clubs only have three opportunities to make these plus half time.

All match officials fees have been reduced by £10 each.

Dates and fixtures have been sent to all club secretaries of teams taking part and whilst I will not be adding them to Full Time until the FA sanction the competitions clubs are free to release them

Premier & Division One Spring Cup

GROUP A

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

Baldock Town

Biggleswade United

Dunstable Town

Newport Pagnell Town

Shefford Town & Campton

GROUP B

Colney Heath

Harefield United

Leverstock Green

London Lions

Rayners Lane

Division Two Spring Cup

GROUP A

Berkhamsted Raiders

Bovingdon

Sarratt

Totternhoe

Tring Corinthians AFC

GROUP B

Buckingham United

MK Gallacticos

Mursley United

New Bradwell St Peter

Old Bradwell United

Edited by Karen Browne

4 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Good stuff ?

I see it's been drawn North and South TBH the Southern part of the draw Group B  looks rather weak with 2 Div 1 clubs 

Looks like it'll be 4 games then a Semi Final and Final so max 6 games if you get to the Final  

TBH this wouldn't have offered up the same challenges we will have in our 6 friendlies, plus we play two of the top sides from the Essex Senior League. 

Edited by GRS67

14 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

The SSML has submitted a request to the FA to sanction its two Spring Cup competitions.

I see that the fixtures have been released however I will leave Karen to officially publish them once she gets the necessary sanction from the FA which should just be a formality. Here is a taster of the first round of group fixtures just to whet the appetite:

Group A
Saturday 10 April
Baldock Town v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Dunstable Town v Shefford Town & Campton
Newport Pagnell Town v Biggleswade United
Group B
Saturday 10 April
Leverstock Green v Colney Heath
Rayners Lane v Harefield United
Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I see that the fixtures have been released however I will leave Karen to officially publish them once she gets the necessary sanction from the FA which should just be a formality. Here is a taster of the first round of group fixtures just to whet the appetite:

Group A
Saturday 10 April
Group B
Saturday 10 April

Are the fixtures being played on each Saturday through April to May? 

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Group A
Saturday 10 April
Group B
Saturday 10 April

Group B has a odd number of teams, how they going to work out fixtures? Surely both groups should have a even number of clubs? 

The Premier/Division One competition now has a sponsor and the competition shall be known as

The Gladwish/SSML Spring Cup 2021.

The Division Two competition is still looking for a sponsor.

All matches with the exception of one Division Two game will be played on Saturdays (The one remaining game will be on Monday 3 May).

Any game postponed as to be played by the following Thursday.

Group winners to be at home in semi-finals. If venues not available then switched to opponents ground.

Finals to be played on a neutral venue.

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

The Premier/Division One competition now has a sponsor and the competition shall be known as

The Gladwish/SSML Spring Cup 2021.

The Division Two competition is still looking for a sponsor.

All matches with the exception of one Division Two game will be played on Saturdays (The one remaining game will be on Monday 3 May).

Any game postponed as to be played by the following Thursday.

Group winners to be at home in semi-finals. If venues not available then switched to opponents ground.

Finals to be played on a neutral venue.

When do you expect the semi-finals and finals to be played?

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Group A
Saturday 10 April
Group B
Saturday 10 April

Great stuff, better than meaningless friendlies.

22 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Semi Finals on 15 May.

Finals - date to be decided

So finals after 17 May when spectators can pay at a neutral venues thus filling the coffers of the SSML.

At least you will be in a position to reinstate full match fees. 

I like your thinking!!! ? 

55 minutes ago, the leatherhead lip said:

Great stuff, better than meaningless friendlies.

Depends on each clubs requirements for for some playing friendlies will be more beneficial 

Edited by GRS67

15 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Match fees will not change for the Semi Finals/Final.

The SSML is covering all costs for the Finals 

Has the format of this cup been finalised yet? 

Will teams in each group play each other once or twice and if once how will home advantage be decided? 

3 hours ago, the leatherhead lip said:

Great stuff, better than meaningless friendlies

Ouch, is that aimed at GRS67, to be fair Edgware Town's friendlies at Cockfosters on 3 April and at Hadley on 6 April look interesting and they would have been well attended had fans been allowed.

Edited by Rhodes

Group matches will see each team play each other once (two home and two away).

In the case of the six team group the home clubs for last game were drawn out of a hat.

Fixtures were also decided by each club's pitch availability due to reserve games etc.

All clubs have been informed of the fixtures and dates.

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Has the format of this cup been finalised yet? Will teams in each group play each other once or twice and if once how will home advantage be decided? 

GRS67 - You seem extremely interested in the competition, why is that out of interest seeing that Edgware Town weren't interested in entering, you could easily have entered and still arranged friendlies during the week in April.   

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - You seem extremely interested in the competition, why is that out of interest seeing that Edgware Town weren't interested in entering, you could easily have entered and still arranged friendlies during the week in April.  

One of things I'm looking forward to when we join the Combined Counties League this summer is that YOU won't be on thier forum Rhodes! 

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

One of things I'm looking forward to when we join the Combined Counties League this summer is that YOU won't be on thier forum Rhodes! 

The CCL Forum used to be decent back in the day. It's very quiet on there these days.

Here's another 'teaser', a bit like Harry and Meghan's pre-interview with Oprah. Hopefully Karen will publish all the group fixtures soon which go on until Saturday 8 May before the two Semi Finals take place on Saturday 15 May so it's quite a lengthy competition compared to other League's and considering there are only eleven teams taking part:

Group A
Saturday 17 April
Biggleswade United v Baldock Town
Dunstable Town v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Shefford Town & Campton v Newport Pagnell Town
Group B
Saturday 17 April
Levestock Green v Rayners Lane
Colney Heath v London Lions