Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It’s going to be a long lonely season

Good one Theo. Glad you to see you are still in the betting game. Mind you I am not sure I subscribe to either of your options. But I agree with your sentiment.

If you remember I did say some time ago,  "what our stadium needs is a winning team to fill it". However, from what I have read recently we may be well on our way to achieving that. Although this may always be hard for us to do, because of the proximity of Premier League clubs, it is good to see that our average crowd is currently up on last year.

Very interesting how this season is panning out.   Long season though.   Back when we were having those friendlies, obviously we had a mixture of players and others trying to impress.

Now we look settled, have strength in depth....Muleba and Bricknell in the wings and some players who could easily start.

Have to hold my hands up Andy, Mario and the new assistant have proved me wrong.   Seem to have a strong nucleus of players and also a good atmosphere amongst the squad.

Let's hope we can keep it up on Saturday and what should prove to be a tough fixture.

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

I’m glad I never posted pre season cause I’d have looked a right berk… if I could have got odds on bottom three I would have lumped on… I saw every game and we were that bad… now if we don’t get top three I will streak round the athletic track.. let’s hope we start acting and believing we are the best… looking at the characters in our team I can’t see confidence being a problem… this could be our season I hope we can get the crowds our position deserves…..

Things did not look good pre-season. I stand by my concerns at the time. I'm not sure many could've predicted that Mo, Billy and Lyle were going to return. I'm delighted that they have!

Very few things would make me happier than for ETFC to win the league. I'd be just as delighted if we won the play-offs! But, with my glass still half empty at this early stage, in reality I can't quite see it. I still think that over the season Worthing, Lewes and Hornchurch will finish above us. Lets hope I'm eating my words come May!

We're in a decent run of form at the moment but there are going to be plenty of ups and downs during the season.

We're not going to win every game and it will certainly get tougher during the winter months but we've got a decent squad and AL will definitely have to rotate at some stage plus he needs to try and keep everyone happy.

Edited by Interested Observer