Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It’s going to be a long lonely season

Interesting take

I've only seen the one game pre season.   Against Spurs U23's.   

10 games?    Some people have a better understanding of football than the 10 games you would suggest.   Love to be proven wrong however we have lost a number of players in the past couple of seasons and perhaps you have a greater knowledge of the team this season than the others who have been watching and have not enjoyed what they have seen?

Couple of questions for you IO

How long has Andy been at the club?

Do you think this has been long enough for him to stamp his "style of play" on ETFC which so many of us still don't know what it is?

I will get to as many games as I can this season however I'd love to know what you know that the rest of us haven't known for the past 2/3 seasons.

If Billy doesn't appear much/at all and we go back to relying on one man Mo again then I would suggest we have the weakest team we have had for some time now.   This is not moaning, this is an opinion or are you only allowed to moan that other people are moaning haha.

34 minutes ago, djwilf said:

Interesting take

I've only seen the one game pre season.   Against Spurs U23's.   

10 games?    Some people have a better understanding of football than the 10 games you would suggest.   Love to be proven wrong however we have lost a number of players in the past couple of seasons and perhaps you have a greater knowledge of the team this season than the others who have been watching and have not enjoyed what they have seen?

Couple of questions for you IO

How long has Andy been at the club?

Do you think this has been long enough for him to stamp his "style of play" on ETFC which so many of us still don't know what it is?

I will get to as many games as I can this season however I'd love to know what you know that the rest of us haven't known for the past 2/3 seasons.

If Billy doesn't appear much/at all and we go back to relying on one man Mo again then I would suggest we have the weakest team we have had for some time now.   This is not moaning, this is an opinion or are you only allowed to moan that other people are moaning haha.

in my opinion , your not moaning but thats my opinion  not that im moaning just making a point  which is more than we may get in the first 10 games 

It is funny that when supporters wish more from the club we are seen as moaning. If it was funded by only one person we would not expect to be heard. But as members, many of us season ticket holders, based on what we have seen on the pitch under AL our views should have some merit.

We are often told " if you could do better put yourself forward etc" when many of us are of an age that this is has become impracticable.  But that should not detract us from continuing to make our voices heard. 

That said, I appreciate all the hard work that the Board do. However, I still feel sometimes that the club's priorities are somewhat unbalanced. To paraphrase my repeated mantra  " an excellent Stadium does not fill without having a Team worth watching".

Finally IO, I think everyone who subscribes to this forum does it with the best intentions for the club. They will all continue to turn up and give their support come what may. But to ask for a moratorium on expressing their views until after 10 matches may prove to be a little hard.  At the beginning of the past 3/4 seasons we have been ask by some for the same delay. If by then we are not still in the FA Cup or Trophy our finances will be decimated. What then???

So current squad is (per website):

Goalkeeper Adi Connolly, defenders Ryan Kirwan and Josh Urquhart and forwards Larry Asare and Ebrima Sawaneh have also signed on the dotted line.

These are in addition to Nathan McDonald, Rian Bray, Lee Chappell, Jerry Gyebi, Harold Joseph,  Manny Maja, Sam Youngs, Percy Kiangebeni,  Scott Thomas, Lewis Taffe, Adam Cunnington and Neville Nzembela. 

On paper, looks heavy on forwards (especially if Bricknell does make himself available) and light on midfielders.

Let me pass on what I know

Connelly- Academy keeper

Kirwan- North Greenford 

Bray - Tonbridge,  was at Hendon on loan

Maja - Welling 

Asare - been with us before

Sawaneh - not 100% sure, but I think he was at Kidderminster last season

But what I want to address this time is that there seems to be a suggestion in AL's recent report that it could be possible that Billy might be available sometime in the future.  Once his business affairs have been dealt with. You may remember Billy was a bit late in playing when he first signed up. Presumably for the same reason. We can only wait and see!!!

41 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

But what I want to address this time is that there seems to be a suggestion in AL's recent report that it could be possible that Billy might be available sometime in the future.  Once his business affairs have been dealt with. You may remember Billy was a bit late in playing when he first signed up. Presumably for the same reason. We can only wait and see!!!

That was because he was injured and only played 10 minutes in his debut season 

• 2 months later...

We are all allowed to comment on the games weather they are good or bad, if you don’t want to read them don’t.

The forum is here so we can air our views praise where needed moan where needed.

As you are also an expert how about give us your comments on Tuesdays game and about the goal we let in, how the game changed from football on the ground and the long ball to our tall forward that didn’t win the ball when he came on, the long ball doesn’t work we need to play on the ground it was nice to watch when we did

1 hour ago, old towner said:

We are all allowed to comment on the games weather they are good or bad, if you don’t want to read them don’t.

The forum is here so we can air our views praise where needed moan where needed.

I agree you are allowed to comment but my point at the time was that some of the comments were over the top.

We all want to win every match and you certainly don't want to be losing any match 7-1 but if you're going to lose 7-1 let it be a meaningless friendly! In pre season you've got to show a bit of patience as it's mainly about fitness and for the manager to find the right blend of players, which is why I said let's see where we are after 10 games.

You probably wouldn't have heard from me if we had been 18th! But we're not 18th, we are top, so here I am ? So don't get too confused about me pointing out that maybe everyone should have calmed down a bit in pre season.

COYT

I’m glad I never posted pre season cause I’d have looked a right berk… if I could have got odds on bottom three I would have lumped on… I saw every game and we were that bad… now if we don’t get top three I will streak round the athletic track.. let’s hope we start acting and believing we are the best… looking at the characters in our team I can’t see confidence being a problem… this could be our season I hope we can get the crowds our position deserves…..