Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA CUP THIRD QUALIFYING ROUND

littlehampton

An attractive tie for the winners of tomorrow evenings replay. Chelmsford play in the National League South and are currently 11th in the table, having played six matches, winning 2, drawing 2, and losing 2. Last Saturday, they beat Little Oakley 5-1 at home in the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

The Third Qualifying Round matches will be played on Saturday 2nd October.

LH lets hope we make it for the trip. Quite a while since we went there but may suit us better. We will be the under dogs.

Yes an interesting report and, from what I have previous read from other members, a good unbiased summary of events.

You know the thing I have always remark on is the number of youngster we let go. Consequently I have been struck by the posts commending the Hadley's winger. He seems to have been under the radar. Do we still have scouts?  If he is as good as they think he is,  he sounds the sort player who could bring a bit more skill to our squad.

I wonder if the management have noticed. Remember a young winger from Barking not too long ago. We got him and he was a joy to watch for several seasons.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

You missed a very close encounter of the worrying kind on Saturday 4WF, but we survived and have a chance to put things right tomorrow.

The young Hadley player who caught everyone's eye on Saturday was Solomon Ofori. a very quick skilled individual who caused us plenty of problems. We will certainly need to keep very close tabs on him tomorrow evening.

36 minutes ago, littlehampton said:

You missed a very close encounter of the worrying kind on Saturday 4WF, but we survived and have a chance to put things right tomorrow.

The young Hadley player who caught everyone's eye on Saturday was Solomon Ofori. a very quick skilled individual who caused us plenty of problems. We will certainly need to keep very close tabs on him tomorrow evening.

We lhave lost lots of players to higher teams because of a lack of contracts (and the 7 day rule) at this level.How about using it to our benefit for once and try to sign players like Ofori.? Have we got a scout that tracks players in the leagues directly below ours?

On 20/09/2021 at 20:07, 4wembleyfinals said:

Exactly my sentiments LS. I too have ask whether we have scouts out and about.

You and LS are aware we are a step 3 or 7th Division club, which lives on day to day income that gets the club through.

im sure managers go and watch players at other games when they can in between Tuesday/Saturday games, midweek training and probably full time employment but don’t worry about that

On 20/09/2021 at 20:07, 4wembleyfinals said:

Exactly my sentiments LS. I too have ask whether we have scouts out and about.

Sorry I was never in the scouts all that dib dib dib dob dob dob did me in and then ging gang golly golly forget it  ,,like Billy Connolly I was much better in the brownies ?