Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 6 November - SSML Results/Reports

On 04/11/2021 at 17:48, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Harpenden Town v Holmer Green

There shouldn't be an problems for Harpenden Town should there, I gather those St Albans City fans attending their FA Cup First Round tie with Forest Green Rovers at Clarence Park tomorrow evening can get into Rothamsted Park for a bargain £5 when producing their coveted match ticket:

Billede

Premier Division
London Colney v Hadley

Hadley will be odds on favourites for this one won't they but London Colney supremo Jack Metcalfe might have something up his sleeve, he's no mug:

Billede

Division One
Rushden & Higham United v Buckingham Athletic

The line ups at Hayden Road:

May be an image of text that says "Rushden & Higham Utd FC Tday'nu Buckingham Athletic FC 2 3 4 5 Capt 1 2 Capt Kyle Swailes Ben Aidulis David Hunt Jayden Carter Austin Bishop Dan Loasby Louis McMahon Ben Peaks Jake Reynolds Charlie Dolden Connor l'Anson 7 8 9 10 11 4 5 Nick Bennion Oli Flecknell Lewis Haley Carl Resch Luke Cray Carl Tappin Tolu Ikuyinminu Sam Pearce Kyle Faulkner Joel Marklove Oli Power 10 11 Substitutes Harry Lawrence Louis Gray Tom Cocking 12 14 15 16 17 Substitutes Henry Pearson Ethan Rose Sam Killeen 14 18 15 16 17 CERS SOUTH UE hereward mdh"

Interval scores in the Premier Division:

Premier Division
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 0 Flackwell Heath 2
Broadfields United 1 Ardley United 0
Crawley Green 0 Risborough Rangers 1
Dunstable Town 1 New Salamis 0
Harpenden Town 0 Holmer Green 0
Leighton Town 1 Harefield United 1
Leverstock Green 1 Oxhey Jets 2
London Colney 0 Hadley 1
Tring Athletic 1 Baldock Town 1

Just had an update. 4-1 currently at Winslow. 2-0 at half time. Soon after restart Stotlfold down to ten for a stamp, one of the management sent off and just had another player sent off. 

Another game mired in controversy for Jets, who took the points at Pancake Lane but that's not what people are talking about.

For the second time in 3 weeks the unfortunate Sean Giordmaina was absolutely clattered by a goalkeeper well out of his box. Last time was at Harpenden and was pretty bad, should've been a red but the ref just gave a booking. This time was 10 times worse - think Harold Schumacker and Patrick Battison in 82. Bear in mind this was in the second minute midway in the Levy Green half, and the winger took a boot in the mouth well after the ball was gone (it wasn't even close, the shot had gone a good second earlier).

Needless to say the ref and the spineless linesman bottled it and decided in their wisdom that a yellow should suffice. Maybe they also failed to see the blood drenched towel I saw, or the player's tears as he was helped from the field. No protection whatsoever from the officials, the standard of officiating this season is at rock bottom, dishing out cards and sin bins for dissent and timewasting seems to be the priority but never mind about ABH, we'll ignore that. When real decisions have to be made they just fudge it every time and I'm sick of it. As for Sean, he spent the game at Watford General (and is OK I'm glad to say, notwithstanding his front teeth went through his lip).

As for the actual game (against 13 men, the nearside lino only had one arm that worked), the hosts took the lead on 14 after a defensive mistake let the striker in, but another brace from Kyal Williams swung the game Jets' way before the interval, the second a cross from 35 yards wide left near the sideline intended for Ben Barnett which sailed into the top right corner.

Second half wasn't great from either side, Lewis Todd making some good saves he shouldn't have had to make due to an unusually porous defensive display. This included a brilliant penalty save which he actually pushed out for a throw (you don't see that often) and another cracker at the death to keep the points, a man of the match performance. Off the pitch Levy are a lovely bunch, on it I'm mystified how they could be third in the league given their one dimensional hoofball, maybe they too had an off day as the ring rusty Jets certainly did. I'd have been happy with a point beforehand so three is a real bonus. I said on here after our defeat at London Colney that we'd play worse than we did that day and win, and today was that day. 

The results:

Saturday 6 November 

Premier Division
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 Flackwell Heath 3
Broadfields United 1 Ardley United 0
Crawley Green 0 Risborough Rangers 4
Dunstable Town 1 New Salamis 2
Harpenden Town 2 Holmer Green 1
Leighton Town 2 Harefield United 1
London Colney 0 Hadley 4
Tring Athletic 2 Baldock Town 1

Division One
Amersham Town 1 Bedford 2
Ampthill Town 3 Raunds Town 1
Irchester United 0 Kidlington Reserves 3
Langford 4 Thame United Reserves 1
Letchworth Garden City Eagles P Burton Park Wanderers
Northampton Sileby Rangers 2 Penn & Tylers Green 1
Rushden & Higham United 0 Buckingham Athletic 7
Shefford Town & Campton 1 London Tigers 0
Wellingborough Whitworth 0 Long Crendon 3
Winslow United 4 Stotfold 1

Division Two
Berkhamsted Raiders 1 Totternhoe 2
Bovingdon 4 Codicote 0
Buckingham United 4 Berkhamsted Comrades 0
New Bradwell St Peter P Milton Keynes College Football Academy
Old Bradwell United P Sarratt
Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3 The 61 FC (Luton) 1
Risborough Rangers Development P Tring Corinthians AFC
Sarratt 2 Tring Corinthians AFC 1

SSML Challenge Trophy First Round
New Bradwell St Peter 2 Burton Park Wanderers 1
Old Bradwell United 0 Milton Keynes Irish 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Just had an update. 4-1 currently at Winslow. 2-0 at half time. Soon after restart Stotfold down to ten for a stamp, one of the management sent off and just had another player sent off. 

Winslow Boy - I wonder whether Patemondo is concerned about Stotfold's discipline since Brett Donnelly arrived at the Club, it could be their undoing. No doubt Curtis was instrumental again, I see he scored with a Beckham like free kick against Greece along with Rio Deall, Lewis Workman and substitute Robbie Carter:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

35 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Leighton Town 2 Harefield United 1

Harefield United were unlucky this afternoon and deserved a point, possibly even all three, Aston Campbell scored the winner in the 86th minute:

Billede

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - I wonder whether Patemondo is concerned about Stotfold's discipline since Brett Donnelly arrived at the Club

Given that he is no longer involved at the Club then I doubt it

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, Rissy is conspicuous by his absence isn't he to explain what on earth is going on at Horsenden Lane, Munchkin makes a good point about Reserve and Development sides not being accepted into the League.

I’m afraid I’m not in the the habit of discussing club policies on a public forum, we know we have a problem and are trying desperately to resolve this but this is not the place to discuss them - sorry.

28 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Given that he is no longer involved at the Club then I doubt it

Oh really, nobody mentioned that Patemondo had left Stotfold on here, this was a fairly recent post that he made and he had no reservations about bringing Brett Donnelly to the Club following the departure of Luke Gregson despite Brett's unruly reputation:

Rhodes, I have never been with another club. I've been player, Manager and Chairman of Stotfold for over 20 years

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 Flackwell Heath 3

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos interesting, and unrecognisable, team sheet this afternoon, Steve Bateman must be rueing his hasty decision to go to Haywood Way, had he bided his time he could have had his pick of Leighton Town, Dunstable Town or Crawley Green:

No photo description available.

39 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos interesting, and unrecognisable, team sheet this afternoon, Steve Bateman must be rueing his hasty decision to go to Haywood Way, had he bided his time he could have had his pick of Leighton Town, Dunstable Town or Crawley Green:

Yep. 

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division

At least Leverstock Green acknowledge in their fair report that goalkeeper Harold Schumacker, sorry, Alfie Bonfield should have been sent off for the foul on Oxhey Jets Sean Giordmaina in an eventful match:

(H) Oxhey Jets – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

At least Leverstock Green acknowledge in their fair report that goalkeeper Harold Schumacker, sorry, Alfie Bonfield should have been sent off for the foul on Oxhey Jets Sean Giordmaina in an eventful match:

(H) Oxhey Jets – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

And well he should, see for yourselves 

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wouldn't say it was a hasty decision to rejoin Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, Steve has the contacts there, and it is the challenge of turning around their fortunes that would have appealed to him. He is chopping and changing players like the weather,though, and so far their form has been bleak under him with just 1 win, 1 draw and 5 or 6 losses including yesterday's result.  He keeps changing his line ups drastically in every game so this is never a sure way to bring about positive results but he knows enough players outside of the club, to eventually find the right formula.

I expect he thought it would be a lot easier than it has proven to be so far, and as well as recruiting well in some positions he has also lost a couple of good up and coming youngsters, to land himself with couple of dud/ past their sell by date players in my opinion,so it certainly hasn't been plain sailing for Steve Bateman thus far.

This week he brought in James Wetheral in the goalkeeper position, after changing to George Zammitt, 2 games ago ! That's 3 keepers in 7 or 8 games !  Hopefully this time he's got the right man between the sticks.

I like Steve Bateman,so I hope he get's it right. Having watched his handy work with Slough Town FC over a number of years I think I know his strengths and weaknesses. If he hasn't got too long in the tooth, one of his biggest strengths was recruitment,so I believe he will get it right.......eventually! ?    

Edited by 3spirit

On 06/11/2021 at 19:08, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Crawley Green 0 Risborough Rangers 4

Both sides of the story:

Crawley Green FC 0 v Risborough Rangers FC 4 (pitchero.com)

Match Report: Crawley Green 0 - 4 Risborough Rangers : First Team (risboroughrangersfc.co.uk)

On 07/11/2021 at 08:49, View from the Boundary said:

And well he should, see for yourselves 

This is a RC for Serious Foul Play.

I doubt you will find more than 2 people at the venue who thought otherwise.

On 06/11/2021 at 20:48, Rissy said:

I’m afraid I’m not in the the habit of discussing club policies on a public forum, we know we have a problem and are trying desperately to resolve this but this is not the place to discuss them - sorry.

You have to admit it's a poor show though Rissy and embarrassing for a Cub with big aspirations as well as for Mark Eaton, he won't like his excellent reputation tarnished in this way.