Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 6 November - SSML Results/Reports

Plenty of time to discuss Saturday's fixtures:

Saturday 6 November (kick off 3.00pm unless stated)

Premier Division
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Flackwell Heath
Broadfields United v Ardley United
Crawley Green v Risborough Rangers
Dunstable Town v New Salamis
Harpenden Town v Holmer Green
Leighton Town v Harefield United
Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets
London Colney v Hadley
Tring Athletic v Baldock Town

Division One
Amersham Town v Bedford
Ampthill Town v Raunds Town
Irchester United v Kidlington Reserves
Langford v Thame United Reserves
Letchworth Garden City Eagles P Burton Park Wanderers
Northampton Sileby Rangers v Penn & Tylers Green
Rushden & Higham United v Buckingham Athletic
Shefford Town & Campton v London Tigers
Wellingborough Whitworth v Long Crendon
Winslow United v Stotfold

Division Two
Berkhamsted Raiders v Totternhoe (kick off 2.00pm)
Bovingdon v Codicote (kick off 2.00pm)
Buckingham United v Berkhamsted Comrades (kick off 2.00pm)
New Bradwell St Peter P Milton Keynes College Football Academy
Old Bradwell United P Sarratt
Pitstone & Ivinghoe v The 61 FC (Luton) (kick off 2.00pm)
Risborough Rangers Development P Tring Corinthians AFC
Sarratt v Tring Corinthians AFC (kick off 2.00pm)

SSML Challenge Trophy First Round
New Bradwell St Peter v Burton Park Wanderers (kick off 2.00pm)
Old Bradwell United v Milton Keynes Irish (kick off 2.00pm)

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Division Two
Buckingham United v Berkhamted Comrades (kick off 2.00pm)

Risborough Rangers Development P Tring Corinthians AFC

What's the likelihood of Buckingham United v Berkhamsted Comrades also being called off due to Berkhamted Comrades being unable to raise a team again, will one or both Club's have to pull out of the League.

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Division One
Winslow United v Stotfold

An interesting Sports Shots preview of the game of the day:

SSMFL,D1: High-flying clash as Winslow United prepare to welcome league leaders Stotfold - Sports Shots

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Flackwell Heath

Match programmes are starting to be finalised now for tomorrow and i's dotted and t's crossed, I remember back in the day it was always a last minute, sorry, second rush to produce them on time:

AVDFC vs Flackwell Heath - 6th Nov 21 by Aylesbury Vale Dynamos FC - Issuu

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Crawley Green v Risborough Rangers

Yes, Crawley Green are also out the traps early with their match programme for tomorrow:

8da2XAXLSmOk7TqL9i9S_06-11-21 - Programme Satuday v Risborough Rangers FC - Merged.pdf

On 04/11/2021 at 17:48, Rhodes said:

Division One
Amersham Town v Bedford

The match programme:

de8947_9856ff2b1c7a472797d0b528fa17beab.pdf (wixlabs-pdf-dev.appspot.com)

Billede

Division Two
Berkhamsted Raiders v Totternhoe (kick off 2.00pm)

Do we know why Berkhamsted Raiders and Totternhoe kick off at 2.00pm tomorrow if the Orbital Fastener Stadium have floodlights:

Billede

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

What's the likelihood of Buckingham United v Berkhamsted Comrades also being called off due to Berkhamted Comrades being unable to raise a team again, will one or both Club's have to pull out of the League.

Well Berko announced they had sacked the manager. Apparently a raft of players left because of him including the assistant. Obviously very disappointing last week especially as we contacted them Friday and they gave no indication. The late cancellation also gave us no time to send some players with our development team for minutes.

Risborough are just short of players and they posted on SM looking for players. I’m not sure how successful that will be.

To their credit I noticed one of their players contacted Eynesbury to make a donation as they were raising money for  charity at the game.

Disappointingly just silence from Berkhamsted, no apology to 2 clubs who lost valuable income due to cancelled matches. Yet they were very vocal when Bedford Town postponed on their first team due to the fuel shortage.

Further enforces my view that Reserve/Development teams shouldn’t be allowed in. Other than Chesham United Reserves under Joe Sweeney and Greenacres who were linked with Hemel, most fail miserably and leave very quickly.

My view is the gap from NLS is too great especially Southern league. The Berko team we faced on day one were not young players and most will never play for their first team. they were run as separate sides with very few players probably progressing.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Do we know why Berkhamsted Raiders and Totternhoe kick off at 2.00pm tomorrow if the Orbital Fastener Stadium have floodlights:

Billede

May be cheaper for them to not use the lights or they could be using the very small other pitch 

Premier Division
Dunstable Town v New Salamis

New Dunstable Town supremo Joe Deeney hasn't exactly hit the ground sprinting since arriving at Creasey Park early last month and there is likely to be more woe for him tomorrow afternoon:

Billede

24 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

Well Berko announced they had sacked the manager. Apparently a raft of players left because of him including the assistant. Obviously very disappointing last week especially as we contacted them Friday and they gave no indication. The late cancellation also gave us no time to send some players with our development team for minutes.

Risborough are just short of players and they posted on SM looking for players. I’m not sure how successful that will be.

To their credit I noticed one of their players contacted Eynesbury to make a donation as they were raising money for  charity at the game.

Disappointingly just silence from Berkhamsted, no apology to 2 clubs who lost valuable income due to cancelled matches. Yet they were very vocal when Bedford Town postponed on their first team due to the fuel shortage.

Further enforces my view that Reserve/Development teams shouldn’t be allowed in. Other than Chesham United Reserves under Joe Sweeney and Greenacres who were linked with Hemel, most fail miserably and leave very quickly.

My view is the gap from NLS is too great especially Southern league. The Berko team we faced on day one were not young players and most will never play for their first team. they were run as separate sides with very few players probably progressing.

May be cheaper for them to not use the lights or they could be using the very small other pitch 

Its a strange one, Risborough have over 70 players signed on for both teams. 

27 minutes ago, Daily Dose said:

Once the league brought in an admin fee for cancelling registrations, clubs don’t deregister anyone now.

So unlikely that majority of those players are at the club. Could be that players moved on to clubs in other leagues so no transfer or need to cancel.

the move by Risborough seemed strange to me. They weren’t pulling up any trees in the Hellenic and the SSMFL Div Two is a step up on what I’ve seen.

It’s tough for Res/Dev teams as we found out when the SSMFL made the terrible decision to disband the reserve divisions for FA money.

The only ones doing ok are the herts clubs due to the Herts Senior County league expansion. The others have probably increased the gap to the first team.

I think most sides at Step 5/6 rely on their midweek Under 18s rather than the traditional reserve set up. We are seeing a trend in MK where clubs are linking up with colleges / academy’s which might be the way forward. MK Irish, Winslow and Newport Pagnell have all done this.

34 minutes ago, Daily Dose said:

Yes, Rissy is conspicuous by his absence isn't he to explain what on earth is going on at Horsenden Lane, Munchkin makes a good point about Reserve and Development sides not being accepted into the League.

Premier Division
Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets

The match programme, can Leverstock Green make it four successive League wins and six wins from seven League games:

Leverstock Green FC Programme vs Oxhey Jets by Tony Smart - Issuu

Billede

Premier Division
Leighton Town v Harefield United

Another match programme from an idyllic Bell Close (pictured today, Friday):

2021-11-06 Harefield Programme  DOWNLOAD

Billede

Premier Division
Tring Athletic v Baldock Town

The match programme from Cow Lane:

Tring Athletic vs Baldock Town Official Match Programme by Tring Athletic - Issuu

Billede

Division One
Ampthill Town v Raunds Town

Ampthill Town have very much gone off the boil lately with five defeats in their last seven fixtures including tame FA Vase and Bedfordshire Senior Trophy first hurdle exits. You have to pose the question what has gone so horribly wrong at Ampthill Park after starting the season like a house on fire with seven impressive wins and two draws from their first nine League fixtures, I wonder whether young boss Lee Hawkes is starting to look over his shoulder:  

Billede

12 hours ago, Munchkin said:

There's a thread on another Forum entitled '2PM KOs at Non-Floodlit Grounds In Winter' and there are some good points being raised, you certainly can't rely totally on Full Time these days, a number of times recently it has stated kick off's at 3.00pm when they have been 2.00pm:

2PM KOs at Non-Floodlit Grounds In Winter | NonLeagueMatters Forums

I’ve been to quite a few games in late November, December and January where it’s almost dark during the last 20-30 minutes. Is there a reason leagues kick off so relatively late during this period? 

With electricity prices spiralling and environmental concerns, I wonder if even some floodlit leagues may consider bringing kick off forwards in winter?

One of the bugbears of watching at lower levels is finding out the kick off time. Full Time cannot be relied on to be correct in this matter.

Flip side is that if you have too early a KO, matches can then end up being frosted off, but might well have been o.k. had the pitch had an hour (or two) of extra sunshine on it.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

They are not using the main pitch hence no floodlights

Premier Division
Broadfields United v Ardley United

I guess this one hinges on which Broadfields United shows up at Tithe Farm:

Billede